The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pocket Bizarre Peter Eggink Paul Harris Presents (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2377 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On 2014-01-14 02:58, Martin.Lester wrote:
I must say this looks very good but one question

Do you have to wear jeans or very loose fitting trousers like what is shown on demo ?

You can wear any type of trouser (jeans, casual or suit trousers) with a normal type pocket as shown and you have different options to set this up.
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
TheBentos
View Profile
Loyal user
Grim North
236 Posts

Profile of TheBentos
This looks like a good commercial effect, and also provides good timing for a deck switch as the spec takes the card out of your pocket.
I'll wait for some reviews to come through first though
gimmickless
View Profile
Veteran user
305 Posts

Profile of gimmickless
For this you can order without reviews. paul Harris and eggink never disappoint us Smile
Gabe Asher
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Gabe Asher
Quote:
On 2014-01-14 02:24, M Pitcher wrote:

Wow....strong words without owning the actual product. Typical café behavior.

Yes, I agree.
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1494 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
Can the gimmick be placed and the card appear in a box instead of your back pocket?
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2397 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Waitting for some reviews. Love his work with magic. Why does it say Signed and un-signed options?? Makes me wornder if the signed option your hands need to come close to the gimmick? I would only perform this if the card can be signed and your hands don't come close to the gimmick like it says. But I think thet would be only with the un signed one.
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
682 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
I like the look of this, but always wear a suit when I perform and lifting your jacket up looks rather inelegant. This seems to be more suitable for casual performers.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2377 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On 2014-01-14 05:51, MR Effecto wrote:
Waitting for some reviews. Love his work with magic. Why does it say Signed and un-signed options?? Makes me wornder if the signed option your hands need to come close to the gimmick? I would only perform this if the card can be signed and your hands don't come close to the gimmick like it says. But I think thet would be only with the un signed one.

You can do this but to explain would give too much away I think, but signed options are easy to do, the unsigned very very easy!
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

Gabe Asher
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Gabe Asher
The signed option you will have to p@!m off their card while your back is turned to reveal the card in your pocket. Then you turn back to face the audience, reach around with the p@!med selection and come out with it as if you took it out of the back pocket.

Your hand does more than just come near it. You have to take it out yourself with the signed version. So you handle it, behind your back Smile

Can the spectator examine your pocket?
M Pitcher
View Profile
Elite user
Around the block
427 Posts

Profile of M Pitcher
Just ordered this through Peter Eggink directly as I always like to support the creator.

It is up on his website: http://www.peter-eggink.com/store-pocket-bizzare.html

Will do an initial review on this once I received it. Can't wait to get my hands on this one. Looks killer!

M P
PHSIS
View Profile
Veteran user
Kailua-Kona HI
386 Posts

Profile of PHSIS
Hi there

All of us at PHP are of course very proud and excited to finally see Pocket Bizarre released. It's unbelievable the amount of thought, work, time and testing that goes
into perfecting something like this. Seeing a few of the comments here..we wanted to be very clear about the nature of the gimmick.

The gimmick is designed to make what ever is already secretly in the back pocket suddenly appear. The card or other object that magically appears poking out of the pocket is a duplicate of whatever vanishes. Peter and Paul have included some beautiful super easy presentations where a signed card is used…and this can easily be done by someone with Zero palming skills! There is some very creative thinking here that
makes everything completely worry-free.

The special gimmick and the way it's activated is a thing of beauty…and for what it's worth..Peter's told me that Pocket Bizarre is the one effect that he now does ALL the time because it's just so fun and simple to perform.

Truly appreciate everyone's interest here!

Janet Harris

PHP Astonishment Goddess
Theo Clubs
View Profile
New user
Japan
9 Posts

Profile of Theo Clubs
First magic trick/gimmick I've bought in years. Full review when I actually get it, but I'm all fingers-and-thumbs until it does get it. Love Peter and PH's goods. Never been dissappointed before, as good as that.
ABREWCADABREW
Magical Craft Beer
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Looks very good & simple top use. John G has some nice work on this effect as well.

Trailer is excellent and shows lots of ideas.

As for people" examining your pocket", I think if it comes to this, then the person performing for lay people is not very experienced. I can just imagine the reaction I would get if I thrust my hand into an audience members back pocket. I would be asked to leave the premises of the place I was working at.You would never dream of doing this, so likewise for an audience member to do this is a no no. If you have any amount of performing experience, it's all about your performance and how YOU CONTROL YOUR PERFORMING ENVIRONMENT.
Looking forward to getting and working this though I do agree with Ian that as we wear a suit, it may look a little strange turning and showing your bum lol.

Going to take the plunge anyway though.

Mike Donoghue
mysticalsales
View Profile
Veteran user
340 Posts

Profile of mysticalsales
Im sure the no palm version can be done with a double back card and a D/L. In this case the performer would have to take the card out of pocket, place it on the deck and you know the rest.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4509 Posts

Profile of videoman
How difficult is it to move the gimmick from one pair of pants to another?
Also, wearing it in your back pocket in a casual setting means you may have to sit on it, is it durable enough to withstand that?
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2377 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On 2014-01-14 11:05, videoman wrote:
How difficult is it to move the gimmick from one pair of pants to another?
Also, wearing it in your back pocket in a casual setting means you may have to sit on it, is it durable enough to withstand that?

No problem to move from one to the other, the gimmick is adjustable and it's strong enough to be sat on.

I wouldn't jump on it, but normal sitting down etc is ok.

I didn't mention we have free UK shipping on this as well http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/p......nts.html
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

Jeff_Mash
View Profile
Veteran user
Bay Area, California
327 Posts

Profile of Jeff_Mash
I thought I would jump on here to answer some of the questions I am getting from our customers. That way, it can help any of you who may also share the same curiousity. These are actual questions we are being asked over at MJM Magic:

1. How easy is it to transfer between pants?

Super easy to transfer between pants. Literally would take no more than 10 seconds max.

2. I assume if the spectator gets a little too aggressive in grabbing the card from your pocket, meaning they stick their hand “too far into” the pocket..the secret will be exposed?

As for the spectator getting a little aggressive, which I don't ever imagine happening, but if it does......I would still say the odds of exposing the secret will be small. They may only feel your wallet back there, and not be able to tell what the gimmick is.

Personally, I think letting the spectator grab the card (while possible) is not necessary. I mean, it's a good selling point for us magicians to know that they CAN grab the card, but if you put youself in the shoes of the spectator, just imagine what they are seeing. They see nothing in your pocket, and in a split second, they see their card without you ever coming near your wallet. You then fairly hand them the card and the ensuing WAR between the left and right portions of their brain will be in full effect. They will be trying to reconcile what they just SAW versus what they know is clearly impossible. So having them grab the card (in my opinion) doesn't really add anything to the effect, and it's not necessary. Again, that is just something we magicians like to know COULD be done, just to see how flexible the effect can be.

As I get more questions from our customers, I will do my best to come here and post the answers to help the community as a whole.
Your friend in magic,

Jeff Mash, CEO
MJM Magic - "Magic for Magicians, Jokesters, and Mentalists!"
http://www.MJMMagic.com
Jeff_Mash
View Profile
Veteran user
Bay Area, California
327 Posts

Profile of Jeff_Mash
Some more questions from MJM customers:

3. Is it noisy? Can I perform it in a quiet environment?

It's completely silent! You don't have to worry about any weird vibrations or something that will blow your cover.

4. It says no palming, so are they telling me I can get a spectators signed card from my hand and load it in the gimmick with no palming?

If you want the SIGNED card to be shown in the pocket (face out, signature displayed), then you obviously have to get it back there prior to the reveal......but Peter shows a routine where you are NOT PALMING the card. In other words, it's a way to load it without an awkward palm, and is easily done very casually under the guise of another action.

However, that is only if you want the signature to be shown, face out, in your pocket (which I think you would only do if you want the spectator to remove the card themselves). Again, I think that method is overkill though. The real magic in the spectators mind is seeing their card appear in your pocket, without you going near it, and then you remove the card to show them that it's their signed card. THAT is powerful stuff.

That's the standard signed version and when you see it performed, it's very convincing, and no palm loading is involved.

There are many different ways to use the Pocket Bizarre gimmick. Some easier than others......but the method I like the most if the one I describe above (where the card you take out of your pocket and hand to them is their signed card).
Your friend in magic,

Jeff Mash, CEO
MJM Magic - "Magic for Magicians, Jokesters, and Mentalists!"
http://www.MJMMagic.com
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4509 Posts

Profile of videoman
This is all sounding very promising.
Can't wait to see a review from an actual user.
EddieM
View Profile
Regular user
Experienced but only
172 Posts

Profile of EddieM
Quote:
On 2014-01-14 12:59, videoman wrote:
This is all sounding very promising.
Can't wait to see a review from an actual user.

Same here! I should have mine as early as tomorrow, since MJM already shipped my order out this morning. I will be sure to update this thread with my thoughts once I get to play with it.
- EddieM
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pocket Bizarre Peter Eggink Paul Harris Presents (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL