The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pocket Bizarre Peter Eggink Paul Harris Presents (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1342 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:
On 2014-01-14 12:18, Jeff_Mash wrote:
Some more questions from MJM customers:

3. Is it noisy? Can I perform it in a quiet environment?

It's completely silent! You don't have to worry about any weird vibrations or something that will blow your cover.

4. It says no palming, so are they telling me I can get a spectators signed card from my hand and load it in the gimmick with no palming?

If you want the SIGNED card to be shown in the pocket (face out, signature displayed), then you obviously have to get it back there prior to the reveal......but Peter shows a routine where you are NOT PALMING the card. In other words, it's a way to load it without an awkward palm, and is easily done very casually under the guise of another action.

However, that is only if you want the signature to be shown, face out, in your pocket (which I think you would only do if you want the spectator to remove the card themselves). Again, I think that method is overkill though. The real magic in the spectators mind is seeing their card appear in your pocket, without you going near it, and then you remove the card to show them that it's their signed card. THAT is powerful stuff.

That's the standard signed version and when you see it performed, it's very convincing, and no palm loading is involved.

There are many different ways to use the Pocket Bizarre gimmick. Some easier than others......but the method I like the most if the one I describe above (where the card you take out of your pocket and hand to them is their signed card).

Regarding signed card option - I would actually rather have the card back out, signature NOT displayed, but then have the spectator remove it from the pocket. So, first, they get to see the card appear, and then, they themselves pull it out to reveal that it is indeed their signed card.

The only demo I've seen so far of the signed version, by Chris from Magic Geek, seems like it would leave intelligent spectators (sometimes I feel like I'm the only one that performs for those based on comments) with a very good idea of what just happened.
Peter Eggink
View Profile
V.I.P.
Netherlands
423 Posts

Profile of Peter Eggink
Hi All,

Thanks for all the comments on "Pocket Bizarre". This effect came a loooong way but it definitely paid off. This is truly a beautiful thing. Both the PHP team and I are thrilled to share this gem with the rest of the community.

I wanted to share a really cool presentation idea that wasn't included on the DVD:

After the vanish (I personally prefer Glenn Morphew's Rub-a-Dub Deluxe for this particular presentation), the card is not gone but just became "invisible". The spectator places or "throws" the "invisible" card into your back pocket...still invisible. (which is quite amazing in itself) Then a moment later it magically became visible and protrudes from your back pocket!

@Jeff Mash: Thanks for your tremendous support in sharing these Q&A. Terrific job!

If you have any other questions (probably not thanks to Jeff), feel free to contact me Smile

Best,

Peter
https://www.deceptivedreamz.com/product-page/cash-card-by-armanujjaman-abir-peter-eggink

CA$H CARD -a brand new credit card to bill...and vice versa!
Jeff_Mash
View Profile
Veteran user
Bay Area, California
327 Posts

Profile of Jeff_Mash
Quote:
On 2014-01-14 13:56, barts185 wrote:
Regarding signed card option - I would actually rather have the card back out, signature NOT displayed, but then have the spectator remove it from the pocket. So, first, they get to see the card appear, and then, they themselves pull it out to reveal that it is indeed their signed card.

I don't see why you couldn't do this. The same handling to have a signed card face outwards (and removed by the spectator) can also be used to have the card face the other way (back outwards). In both instances, the spectator can choose to remove the card and the handling (from your perspective) would be the same. In other words, you would still vanish the card, you would still show your pocket empty, and then the card which appears could be their signed card.

I should also remind people that this doesn't HAVE to be a card effect. You can have money appear....business cards, credit cards, or anything of that size/shape.
Your friend in magic,

Jeff Mash, CEO
MJM Magic - "Magic for Magicians, Jokesters, and Mentalists!"
http://www.MJMMagic.com
Jeff_Mash
View Profile
Veteran user
Bay Area, California
327 Posts

Profile of Jeff_Mash
Quote:
On 2014-01-14 14:06, Peter Eggink wrote:
After the vanish (I personally prefer Glenn Morphew's Rub-a-Dub Deluxe for this particular presentation), the card is not gone but just became "invisible". The spectator places or "throws" the "invisible" card into your back pocket...still invisible. (which is quite amazing in itself) Then a moment later it magically became visible and protrudes from your back pocket!

I love the way you taught that vanish on the DVD, Peter. No matter how many times I watched it, it still looks like you place the card on the table or underneath the card box. Props to Glenn for allowing you to publish that on this DVD.

Quote:
@Jeff Mash: Thanks for your tremendous support in sharing these Q&A. Terrific job! If you have any other questions (probably not thanks to Jeff), feel free to contact me Smile

LOL - No thanks needed, Peter. You know I've always been a big fan of your stuff, and this may be the best one yet.
Your friend in magic,

Jeff Mash, CEO
MJM Magic - "Magic for Magicians, Jokesters, and Mentalists!"
http://www.MJMMagic.com
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3684 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Peter,
I love this new handling you shared! Excellent!
KJ
S-Branham
View Profile
Elite user
Folsom, CA
456 Posts

Profile of S-Branham
Peter,

Is this the effect you were teasing us about during your Penguin Live lecture?

~Steve
Peter Eggink
View Profile
V.I.P.
Netherlands
423 Posts

Profile of Peter Eggink
Not a problem at all, KJ. Glad you like it as much as I do Smile

Yup, Steve...that's the one!

P.
https://www.deceptivedreamz.com/product-page/cash-card-by-armanujjaman-abir-peter-eggink

CA$H CARD -a brand new credit card to bill...and vice versa!
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
543 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
Chris Ballinger of Magic Geek demonstrating the signed card version of Pocket Bizarre: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XavPw2YpBks
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4292 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I think it's great, I can see myself using it for misdirection for a different kind of routine. I dig it.

Do the T.P. with two cards so when you take out the card you leave an indifferent card in your back pocket. Say that it's gonna happen again, the audience takes it out because you left and indifferent card, it's not the gimmick or anything, just a regular card, a perfect misdirection moment for a MCF, and a load into something nice.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Quick question: Does any spectator ever question the fact that the performer's hand goes near a pocket to put the pen back in?

Regards,
Mike
WanderingMagician
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of WanderingMagician
I'm with iain on this one....i like the effect and looks great for informal performances but I personally would not do it at paid gigs because a suit jacket would get in the way of a clean reveal. But can the gimmick be located in the outside breast pocket of a jacket? If so then I can think of another routine for which this would be really useful addition. Thanks
Gabe Asher
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Gabe Asher
Quote:
On 2014-01-14 10:03, mike donoghue wrote:

As for people" examining your pocket", I think if it comes to this, then the person performing for lay people is not very experienced. I can just imagine the reaction I would get if I thrust my hand into an audience members back pocket. I would be asked to leave the premises of the place I was working at.You would never dream of doing this, so likewise for an audience member to do this is a no no. If you have any amount of performing experience, it's all about your performance and how YOU CONTROL YOUR PERFORMING ENVIRONMENT.

Mike Donoghue

And Mike Donoghue has obviously never performed a card to pocket routine for real people.

They ALWAYS want to reach into your pocket when a card appears in it. Usually just ladies, but this would be no different.

Nice try Mike. You don't really perform do you?
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
3684 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On 2014-01-14 16:57, WanderingMagician wrote:
I'm with iain on this one....i like the effect and looks great for informal performances but I personally would not do it at paid gigs because a suit jacket would get in the way of a clean reveal. But can the gimmick be located in the outside breast pocket of a jacket? If so then I can think of another routine for which this would be really useful addition. Thanks

I didn't see any explanation of this on the DVD, but the more I think about it, the more I think it would be VERY doable to have this come out of your breast pocket. I think the device could be built into your coat. You would just need a good misdirection for the appearance of the card in front of your body.
KJ
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
You are correct gabe I don't really do at least 200 paid events a yeat.it's also not really me on my website with celebrities, it's someone who I pay to pretend they are me. I don't really know what I am talking about.i only do 2 effects taking my thumb off and the 21 card trick which goes on for ever. am going to release a dvd on it but using 22 cars instead. my goodness I have finally been tumbled by one of the greats of magic. if only I had your knowledge and presence. mike donoghue
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
3684 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
WanderingMagician,

The more I think about it, the more I like your idea!

I think that you would have everything you need by way of instruction in the DVD to figure out how to modify this to be used in the breast pocket. Also, the props included are top notch and I think you just might appreciate having them to use in this way.

In fact, I REALLY like your idea!. I think I am going to work on setting one up in a jacket so it is always ready to go. In fact, I think that is better than the original design using the back pocket. Also, I think there are hundreds of ways of doing the misdirection to have the card appear right in front of their eyes without having to turn around and showing it from the back pocket.

I don't want to give away any method here, so if you would like to PM me once you receive your unit (along with a description of the method), I would be happy to share my alternate method suggestion for jacket use.

KJ
M Pitcher
View Profile
Elite user
Around the block
429 Posts

Profile of M Pitcher
[/quote]

And Mike Donoghue has obviously never performed a card to pocket routine for real people.

They ALWAYS want to reach into your pocket when a card appears in it. Usually just ladies, but this would be no different.

Nice try Mike. You don't really perform do you?
[/quote]

Maybe YOUR audience do. The focus is on their card and not where it came from depending on the construction and handling of the routine of course. If not, your presentation could be lacking. Like you said, if the ladies want to examine your pockets it is usually for another reason.

Really looking forward to receive my copy soon. Can't wait.

M P
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
3684 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Mike D and M Pitcher,

As for a participant/audience member taking the card themselves from your pocket, there are ways to do a routine where the actual signed card is in the pocket, and it CAN be removed by the participant. In fact, Peter teaches a great routine that does just that! It is really fantastic.

I have also come up with a routine that uses the breast pocket of a jacket for the card appearance and it is the actual signed card that appears while my hands are in my front pants pockets. Ama..ZING!

KJ
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
I am sure that can be done and I am not disputing the fact. there are many ways to acompish this.i think the product will be great.as I said. I will be taking the plunge.peter eggick and paul Harris both rock.missed peters lecture at newcastle magic circle a few yrs ago as I was working at an event but saw paul many moons ago and met one of my magic heroes. only point I was making that people wanting to put their hands in your picket is not really a priblem. looking forward to getting this as over the yrs havw been producing signed cards from wallet, under card bix on forehead from behind peoes watches in bottles on ceiling on other side of window in catd bix in pocket inside trousers inside kennedy typw boxs etc etc. will be getting it. mike donoghue
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1496 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
I just ordered from MJM magic. Jeff has been very helpful answering questions and you get 4.00 in reward points as well. Plus he is giving FREE SHIPPING. Thanks Jeff
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Excuse bad spelling but half asleep an using mobile phone and fingers hitting wrong keys mike donoghue
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pocket Bizarre Peter Eggink Paul Harris Presents (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL