The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Ring (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..9~10~11 [Next]
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Solid silver antiqued ring. Has Sanctum chapter 18 with the sanctum logo in the center. Heavy 18 grams. 24mm top. It's big and badass.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
bobbyhasbun
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of bobbyhasbun
Awesome! Now my membership can be official Smile Any pictures available?
Sicnatius
View Profile
Veteran user
Germany
394 Posts

Profile of Sicnatius
Yes, pictures please!
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Sounds like it would make a good pendulum!

I have been looking for an unique ring for a LONG time. A ring with a good (creepy) back story is something that I want. Maybe, just maybe, this will be what I am after.

Ray
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1058 Posts

Profile of reese
What sizes?
james_unlimited
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
221 Posts

Profile of james_unlimited
WWy big? Isn't sanctum supposed to be a "secret" society? A discrete subtle ring would be better…

just my 2p ….
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
851 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
When I was a trainee Jeweller after leaving school, we used to get a lot of the Masonic rings on for repair.

They had a little swivel action, so they could hide the Masonic Symbol when they needed to.

Very cool!
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1523 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Definitely!!!!
Sicnatius
View Profile
Veteran user
Germany
394 Posts

Profile of Sicnatius
Wow, that's really cool! Never have seen one of those before. Thanks for sharing!
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
I have to finalize the artwork on Monday. I'll take suggestions through Sunday at midnight. I'm doing this for all the sanctumites out there.

I think if someone asks what it is (and they will) you can tell them anything from a secret magick society to whatever.

The Freemason ring is well recognized but it doesn't matter because people still don't know what goes on in a Mason meeting.

Limited to 150 units (Don't worry it will take a year to sell that many)

It will have the sanctum man symbol in the middle. Very aged and old looking.

My vision is a large oval shape 25mm by 20mm. I was thinking it could have been used as a seal Smile
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

This really is sounding cool as heck.

Ray
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
PK?
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
PK?
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
805 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Oh my...
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2821 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
But can you make it swivel? Smile
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18336 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Making it swivel and pk would mean it would attract and repel too...

or if you could have an eye that opened or closed depending on how close it was to certain objects...

and then think about as part of a task/trial, a new member would have to be able to pick up the ring, but not be able too... a mini-arthurian legend of sorts...
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2014-01-11 17:15, Bill Cushman wrote:
But can you make it swivel? Smile

Like Elvis!

The ring is a wax seal used by members since the first lodge opened in 1736. This ring is from Chapter 18 which was started by Cornelius Hobbs in Hells Kitchen, New York in 1925.

The ring images are reversed. If someone looked at the ring it would appear to have

MUTCNAS
(sanctum man symbol)
81 retpahC

When pressed in wax it reads correctly

Of course the letters will be reversed

Limited edition of 150- each ring will have the edition number engraved inside example 1-150

Iain I always love your thinking. I want this style seal ring first. Its being hand cast and custom molded and a bit expensive to do.

I will think about another ring in the future that will be gaffed. This ring is a "true" relic of the early Sanctum Lodges.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

I like the idea of something being engraved within the ring. Before the above post, I was thinking of taking the ring and having a small phase or word engraved inside the band. Also I was thinking if the side of the band was bare, this also could be left up to the buyer to personalize the ring. Just thinking out loud.

Ray
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2014-01-11 18:16, Magical Dimensions wrote:
I like the idea of something being engraved within the ring. Before the above post, I was thinking of taking the ring and having a small phase or word engraved inside the band. Also I was thinking if the side of the band was bare, this also could be left up to the buyer to personalize the ring. Just thinking out loud.
Ray

The sides are not engraved and you are correct. It leaves the buyer the opportunity to have additional engravings, which I can have my jeweler do at an additional charge if requested, or any jeweler can do it.

The rings will be available from size 8-13

It is a large ring. Just confirmed that it will be 25 mm x 22 mm on top
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of 13
I WANT ~ I WANT !!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Ring (14 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL