We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Ring (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9~10~11 [Next]
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On 2014-01-17 22:45, Roth wrote:

I have a test wax cast if you guys want me to post it.

Post away...My Captain,My Captain !
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
This is a test wax. We had to rock the Chapter 18 up a bit to the right for the final wax. I'm 6'1 so I have fairly good size hands so you can see the size of this beast.
I had to put it on my pinkie because it would break the wax if I tried to slide it on my ring finger even though this is a size 9 my size

Remember everything is reversed so the seal comes out correct. Also the sigil is deeper than it appears so when you do an impression the sigil will rise above the lettering.

Imagine this in antique aged and weathered silver. Hope ya like it Smile

2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
That,Rocks !

My order is in ! Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
This is a test wax. We had to rock the Chapter 18 up a bit to the right for the final wax. I'm 6'1 so I have fairly good size hands so you can see the size of this beast.

Remember everything is reversed so the seal comes out correct. Also the sigil is deeper than it appears so when you do an impression the sigil will rise above the lettering.

Imagine this in antique aged and weathered silver.

2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
spookyone
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
282 Posts

Profile of spookyone
Ooh looks amazing on the ring finger. Can't wait to get my hands on it, and YAY for aged silver since silver is my colour (not a big yellow gold fan) Smile
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Hey guys,
I was just thinking and have a question.

If you (we) did belong to a special group of whatever, would we be issued an old antique aged weathered ring? Or would we really be given a new ring just for you (us).

If a member was given a ring, wouldn't it be that persons ring forever? And each person from the past to today would still be issued a new ring just for them. Maybe with a number on the inside of the band telling the society whose ring it belong to. Don't that make more sense than having an old ring? Do you get what I am trying to say.

Once issued, it is until dead do you part. Of course, there can always be a back story that it belong to old granddad, but why would you have it and why would you know about it?

Unless there can only be a certain number in the group and as each member passes on to the other side, a new member is found and that ring is issued once again. Hey, I like that story........

Just thinking aloud.

Ray
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1842 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Depends on how the ring is bestowed upon you...no one is allowed to be admitted until a member passes to the other side...
spookyone
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
282 Posts

Profile of spookyone
Ray, my way of thinking is that S4nctum is a VERY exclusive secret society, more so than the masons or even Illuminati. It possibly dates back to Da Vinci. There are only ever 150 extant members at one time. When a member dies, their ring is returned to the organization to be bestowed upon the newest member, who is carefully chosen by the council. Only if a ring is permanently lost will they make a new one (maybe during a centennial meeting where all rings are returned and melted down and new ones are then made).

That's my thoughts, anyways Smile

EDIT: Duh I just realized that's pretty much what you said LOL I didn't read your whole message, sorry! But interesting we came upon the same idea, as I wrote that to someone else in a PM last night Smile
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I like the idea of the ring being passed on. Not only is an aged ring more interesting looking, the stories you could tell about who wore it before you are ripe for the telling.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
View Profile
Veteran user
348 Posts

Profile of 13
If aging is post casting ... maybe a person could choose aged or not ?
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2818 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
I think you should sell those wonderfully aged hands! They look like something from Doug Higley, lol. Smile
View Profile
Veteran user
348 Posts

Profile of 13
Quote:
On 2014-01-18 14:08, Bill Cushman wrote:
I think you should sell those wonderfully aged hands! They look like something from Doug Higley, lol. Smile

HAHA!
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
You can always clean the tarnish off the ring and shine it up Smile

We are bringing back Chapter 18. As a ring holder you are a member. There are other "artifacts" that are part of membership including a new sanctum membership card. They will be available to members in the near future.

There will be a member forum "lodge" shortly.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1862 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
That's a beauty!
bobbyhasbun
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of bobbyhasbun
The idea that the rings are handed down as one member passes is fantastic and explains the aged look for those who have issues with that. There have ever only been 150 members and always will be. Maybe there can be one solid gold ring (gold filled) for the leader Smile
Sicnatius
View Profile
Veteran user
Germany
394 Posts

Profile of Sicnatius
You really got my attention now Roth, that ring looks just awesome and I kind of like the idea that its giving on from member to member since ages...
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1433 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Ring is looking great Rick, can't wait to see a finished one ! I love the story possibilities with it along the same lines as the secret Mason's & Illuminati's..........
Will definitely be one of the elite 150 Smile

So, for our lodge meetings do we get to wear Fred Flinstone waterbuffalo hats ? LoL
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On 2014-01-18 15:08, bobbyhasbun wrote:
The idea that the rings are handed down as one member passes is fantastic and explains the aged look for those who have issues with that. There have ever only been 150 members and always will be. Maybe there can be one solid gold ring (gold filled) for the leader Smile

So once they are gone, it means the only way to join if you are not willed the item is to kill the owner and take it.... especially since likely having the ring means you might also be immortal - you need to chop the finger off of the target to get it.

Hmmm.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
My Membership,was passed down from a line of Falconers...
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1523 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
This is going to be good.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Ring (14 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL