The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Card toon (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
MonsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
517 Posts

Profile of MonsterMagic
Does anyone use card toon? I'm wondering what sort of reactions it gets in a walk around environment?
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
A local restaurant magician did card-toon for my girlfriend and I. My girlfriend who has seen a lot of magic from me loved it, that says a lot.

It's good stuff!
AdamChance
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of AdamChance
Quote:
On 2014-01-11 02:38, Harry Patter wrote:
Does anyone use card toon? I'm wondering what sort of reactions it gets in a walk around environment?

I recently found my old deck from when I was 12 years old. haven't had a chance to do it for anyone yet... but I put it in my magic case.

my guess is that it's not the most mind blowing effect... but it's an enjoyable effect none the less.
Shawn D
View Profile
Elite user
Hughson,Ca
465 Posts

Profile of Shawn D
Fun
Easy to do
Great reaction.
I do cartoon 2 though.
alexander_may
View Profile
Loyal user
South Africa
296 Posts

Profile of alexander_may
I only do one card effect in my set when I do tables, and it is Card-toon. You can't go wrong with it.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Yep. It's charming and people love it. But it's not too hard for a very logical person to figure it out. I would do it as part of set to keep things moving. I'm always ready to follow it with something like the invisible deck. Once in a while when someone indicates they know how it is done I let them know that that was just a fun trick and now we're going to do the real stuff.

Don't get me wrong. I'm NOT saying most or even a lot of people figure it out. But they do occasionally. No one ever figures out the invisible deck.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
trickychaz
View Profile
Special user
West Virginia
549 Posts

Profile of trickychaz
Quote:
On 2014-01-14 00:22, MeetMagicMike wrote:
Yep. It's charming and people love it. But it's not too hard for a very logical person to figure it out. I would do it as part of set to keep things moving. I'm always ready to follow it with something like the invisible deck. Once in a while when someone indicates they know how it is done I let them know that that was just a fun trick and now we're going to do the real stuff.

Don't get me wrong. I'm NOT saying most or even a lot of people figure it out. But they do occasionally. No one ever figures out the invisible deck.

Really? I have never got this reaction from cardtoon. Do you begin the trick by showing the top three cards & that his arm moves each time? It always gets good reactions for me.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
I use Cardtoon all the time in my table hopping. It gets great reactions from the entire family. They will OFTEN say can you do it again with a different card? I tell them to come back next week and I'll be happy to.Smile
budja
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of budja
There is an easy way of resetting it and the impact is really strong if you do it a second time and the card is different.
Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1177 Posts

Profile of Montana76
The funniest thing is when they say HEEEEY! THOSE ARE SPECIAL CARDS!! and you just reply with "OF COURSE! Have you ever SEEN cards like this??"
danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1354 Posts

Profile of danfreed
I do both versions, it's great. Dan Harlan had a free how-to video that shows how to do it, not sure how to find the video. He also had a template you could buy to make your own
DanHarlan
View Profile
V.I.P.
998 Posts

Profile of DanHarlan
Card-Toon always gets a great reaction (even from people who don't like card tricks) regardless of age!
I'm not just saying that because I invented it. And I don't make a dime off it anymore... sold the rights years ago.
Oh, and lately I've been closing some of my STAGE shows with it... ever since I saw Jamie Allan do it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9y9DQo3NXo
--Harlan
Visit My Site @

www.themystictower.com
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
That was great!
I can see myself doing Fart-Toon that way. Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
We sold hundreds of them at Magic Inc back when they came out.

I like the idea because it is quite obviously a special deck. No worry about getting it in and out. It is the only trick with one use that I think is worth the trouble.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mrsmiles
View Profile
Elite user
443 Posts

Profile of mrsmiles
I've cracked open Cardtoon recently having owned it for some years yet only played with it at home once or twice, put it in the drawer and forgot about it. Not sure why I put it away without really using it but I have now used it at paying gigs a few times recently and I am happy to report that it really is superb. A marvellous, pure fun routine. (Very interested to see the stage version incidentaly). Wonderful to read Dan's post on this, and to see Danny Doyle, who sets very high standards, say it is worth the trouble is an endorsement indeed. I would have no hesitation in recommending this trick to anyone who is thinking about bringing it into their set.
mrsmiles
(UK)
Quentin
View Profile
Inner circle
1020 Posts

Profile of Quentin
Juan Tamariz has a go. In Spanish but you will be able to follow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79KPoAUeYU8
Seance Medium
View Profile
New user
Used a Ouija board to write
53 Posts

Profile of Seance Medium
It's soooo good, my first deck had a blow out and I bought a second deck (Cardtoon 1.) I consider it one of my top routines. It's great for walk around, you only have to find a place to put the chosen card in view, the rest is in your hands.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The only real problem is sight lines, and I don't mean a "problem" but more issue.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
They are out of stock for this particular trick at Penguin Magic. Anybody have suggestions as to where I can purchase this trick from a reputable dealer?
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Midwest Magic in Franklin Park Illinois. VERY reputable and I bet Tim has one. A FANTASTIC magic shop.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Card toon (6 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL