The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Card toon (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1223 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
I have and use all three versions! They are great!!
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
Midwest Magic in Franklin Park Illinois. VERY reputable and I bet Tim has one. A FANTASTIC magic shop.

Thank you Danny, much appreciated! How have you been?
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Cardtoon has everything you want in a strolling card trick.
-Easy to do.
-The person names a card (not a pick a card trick).
-Easy to understand.
-Visual.
-Strong.
-Instant Reset.
I use it in my professional repertoire since I get
It !
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Quote:
On Apr 13, 2014, DanHarlan wrote:
Card-Toon always gets a great reaction (even from people who don't like card tricks) regardless of age!
I'm not just saying that because I invented it. And I don't make a dime off it anymore... sold the rights years ago.
Oh, and lately I've been closing some of my STAGE shows with it... ever since I saw Jamie Allan do it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9y9DQo3NXo
--Harlan

That was pretty good! Have no idea how the guy did it! I can't see how people can figure that trick out!
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20542 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
That is a very smooth handling of it.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Quote:
On Apr 19, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
That is a very smooth handling of it.

Is it pretty tough to master the handling to where it's this smooth?

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1223 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
GM, the handling in the routine is super smooth. You will be performing it the day you get it.
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Quote:
On Apr 19, 2014, w_s_anderson wrote:
GM, the handling in the routine is super smooth. You will be performing it the day you get it.

I really liked the performer's showmanship and the way he presented the trick to such a large audience. His stage presence and performance was impressive.

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20542 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It is not that difficult. But by the same token it is easy to make it look like you are doing something. The temptation is to just run out and do it. Avoid that.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Quote:
On Apr 19, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
It is not that difficult. But by the same token it is easy to make it look like you are doing something. The temptation is to just run out and do it. Avoid that.

That was a good recommendation on the Magic Shop. It seems this particular shop has a lot to offer with an excellent selection.

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20542 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Tim Felix owns it and is just a great person. That shop is A+ in my estimation, and so is Tim. Can't go wrong with buying there.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Quote:
On Apr 20, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
Tim Felix owns it and is just a great person. That shop is A+ in my estimation, and so is Tim. Can't go wrong with buying there.

I plan to start giving him some of my business. Thanks once again for your recommendation.

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
magicshayne
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of magicshayne
It's a great effect and does get great reactions from the audience, If you perform a lit and your cards wear out quick like mine just get a new deck and cut everything out with knife, You will have a nice stencil to use on the other cards
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20542 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Or you could buy another one instead of ripping off the creator. Not cool man.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
Or you could buy another one instead of ripping off the creator. Not cool man.

Is it ripping off the creator if you've already purchased it once? I shudder to think how much that would run if we were talking about replacing thread in a reel or something...

Just recently, I replaced the cards in Standup Monte with DFs I had "in stock." Was I wrong to do so?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20542 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea when you stencil the cards it is ripping off the creator. If you don't see the difference in that and a reel nothing I can say will make a difference.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
AKMan
View Profile
New user
Spokane, WA
55 Posts

Profile of AKMan
Which one should I use? #1 or #2?
Countage
View Profile
Veteran user
Charlotte
361 Posts

Profile of Countage
If you had all three versions you could pull a different one out as go from table to table or group to group in strolling. Or pull a different one out if you see someone who wants to see you perform the trick again.
JustCraig
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of JustCraig
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2014, Countage wrote:
If you had all three versions you could pull a different one out as go from table to table or group to group in strolling. Or pull a different one out if you see someone who wants to see you perform the trick again.

that's a lot of decks to carry around in a strolling situation for one trick"
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20542 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It also amounts to running when nobody is chasing you. That trick specifically you don't have to worry about people seeing it from afar.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Card toon (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL