The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » I've got a passion for magic again! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tmills27
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of tmills27
Hello fellow magicians! After a long time of putting my magic power away, I have came back to it again with a passion. Here is a little bit of history about me.

I started off by getting a really good beginner's magic kit when I was young. Along with the many props, it also came with a book of great effects and sleights, and a pack of stripper deck cards. I would, of course, start performing for my classmates at school. The reactions I got were astounding. The thrill of deceiving people and the repertoire I got really boosted my confidence and skill. I don't mean to brag, but I even got as good as making cards disappear, and appear in people's pockets. I had a knack for pick-pocketing. It's not an ethical skill, yet I never stole anything from anyone. It was for magical purposes, and I was young. I performed on stage for the whole school. I looked up to Jean Eugène Robert-Houdin, and read a couple of his books.

I stopped performing because my parents urged me to find something that leads to a better successful life. I was persuaded that magic was foolish and unsuccessful. Eventually, I dropped magic. I finished high-school and went to college as a computer engineer. I gained new passions for software programming, science, and music. Many years went by.

A couple months ago, I was telling a close friend about my childhood and the magic I performed when I was younger. I just happened to remember a couple of my favorite tricks and performed. The thrill rekindled the flame as I astounded my friend. I started remembering more, and started researching. I got some books from the library, and purchased some props online. I feel a little bit sketchy because it has been so long.

I'm glad to have joined this forum to discuss this beautiful art. I'm bursting with ideas and questions about magic, and it's perfect to have other magicians to share with.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3661 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome tmills27,

And Welcome back to Magic.

Your parents may have been right.
Now you have a career to support yourself and your Magic.
Magic isn't a cheap hobby. LOL

I'll see you in "Table Hoppers and Party Strollers".

-Mary Mowder
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » I've got a passion for magic again! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL