The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Lone Survivor (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
Quote:
On 2014-01-17 14:11, mastermindreader wrote:
I'm guessing you never went drinking with any Russians.

I don't drink (at least not anymore). If you want to drink, that's what you do when you are a civilian or have been discharged and are no longer serving. It's not what you do when you are serving in the US military and are on a visit to an enemy nation that includes you as part of a US military delegation (at least don't go drinking on a highly publicly visible visit to an enemy nation where you are most assured to be spied on, russians probably bug the rooms too). Certainly don't drink and then turn around and disgrace the US military by making an retard of yourself either whether at home or abroad. Just use some common sense. Don't go drinking with the enemy while serving in the US military or demonstrate unprofessional behavior on highly public visit to an enemy nation which could leave the wrong impression on them on the state of our readiness or the professionalism of our forces.
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Like I said, I guess you've never gone drinking with any Russians.

Also, could you please provide me a link that shows that Russia has been designated as an "enemy nation?"
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
Quote:
On 2014-01-17 15:27, mastermindreader wrote:
Like I said, I guess you've never gone drinking with any Russians.

Also, could you please provide me a link that shows that Russia has been designated as an "enemy nation?"

I wouldn't go drinking with them if I was still serving (and I wouldn't go drinking with them after I finished serving). I don't go drinking with the enemy and being all buddy buddy with them. Getting drunk clouds your judgement and next thing you know, you could end up charged for treason because you got drunk and started giving sensitive information away. I am sure this general knows some sensitive information that the Russians would love to get their hands on.
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
You ignored my question. Please show me where Russia has been designated as an "enemy nation."
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
On a lighter note, my dad was a WWII vet, and probably his favourite war movie was White Christmas. Smile
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2014-01-17 15:49, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
On a lighter note, my dad was a WWII vet, and probably his favourite war movie was White Christmas. Smile

My dad was a WWII vet as well (Pacific Theatre) and his favorite war movie was Kelly's Heroes. He also never missed an episode of Hogan's Heroes
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5018 Posts

Profile of landmark
My favorite military/war movies:

Apocalypse Now!
The Men (Marlon Brando: "She looked at me like I was a bug.")
The Dirty Dozen
Stalag 17
The first 45 minutes of Full Metal Jacket
The Great Dictator
Patton
Kenneth Branagh's Henry V

Not a fan of The Deer Hunter. Meryl Streep I thought gave one of her rare lousy performances. She hadn't yet learned how to scale things back for film as opposed to theatre. Though the rest of the acting was very good, the politics and history were so distorted as to be laughable IMO.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Lone Survivor (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL