The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Illusions with lights, laser, holograms etc (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sidtheclown
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of sidtheclown
Anone have any info on illusions using lighting, holograms, lasers etc? Or how they are used to add to effects?
Frank Simpson
View Profile
Special user
SW Montana
883 Posts

Profile of Frank Simpson
This is not a really a viable question. You might as well be asking, "Does anyone have any info on effects using playing cards? Or how they are used to add to effects?" It is simply too broad a question/

I have looked at all your other posts in other areas of the Café, everything from illusions to bizarre to close up. If you are serious about learning anything about this craft, you are going to have to SLOW DOWN. You say you want to learn about misdirection and you want to learn it as quickly as possible. But like any discipline, magic requires many years to master. And few people who have been doing it for many years will tell you that they have mastered it.

You so seem to be over-anxious and say that you can't learn from books. Truth is, learning from books can be either easy or difficult, and for many reasons. A book may be well-written, or have easy-to-grasp concepts. Or another may be poorly written or have very complex methodology. But in either case it is going to require a lot of effort on your part. I get the impression that you want everything and you want it now. This is simply not how it works!

If you are just starting out in magic. you might be well-advised to focus on close up magic. This is often a good place to begin as you can do a lot with just a pack of playing cards or a few coins, both of which are easily affordable to most anyone. Stage magic and illusions tend to be a poor place to begin as they require substantially more investment in props and stagecraft.

I totally understand wanting to fast-track learning magic; I thing we all have wanted that at one time or another. But the simple reality is that it takes a lot of time, effort, and discipline to learn well. There are NO shorcuts!

I wish you the best of luck!
sidtheclown
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of sidtheclown
Im only asking a question. You don't know me or anything about me at all. This has nothing to do with other questions. Either answer it or don't. Easy... and I know, like anything it takes time to learn. But id rather learn the best way possible, than a half assed attempt. My are for educational purposes. don't see how this is a problem. All I focus on at the moment is coins. Nothing else. Im just researching researching researching
sidtheclown
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of sidtheclown
Thanks for the advice though. Im trying to focus on coins and trying to study misdirection and get an understanding of the psychology behind magic. Also I'm researching the various areas I'm intested in so I can focus on certain areas as theres sooo much out there. Seems to be the palming of coins that is my biggest issue. Not sure if I'm doing it correct or the right coins (australian) to use
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Illusions with lights, laser, holograms etc (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL