The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Public Domain Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

erikdobell
View Profile
Regular user
Gatlinburg Tennessee
139 Posts

Profile of erikdobell
Quick question, I'm having a documentary made about my show and there is a bit where we talk about the history of Mentalism. I'd like to have some pictures of Mentalists on screen while we're talking about this. Older Mentalists, like Stuart Cumberland for example. In my mind I imagine pictures similar to the picture on the front of Mentalism wikipedia page.

The question is, does anyone know if these pictures are public domain? I'm not sure how these things work with pictures and we don't want to step on any toes.
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2205 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Just be safe and put a photo credit in
erikdobell
View Profile
Regular user
Gatlinburg Tennessee
139 Posts

Profile of erikdobell
Maybe I misunderstand your answer, but I don't think it's safe or legal.
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1609 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
Copyright in photographs remains with the photographer (or his estate) for 70 years after his death. So I imagine most or all of the photographs you are considering are still subject to copyright.

Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Public Domain Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL