The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Awesome Sisters cover (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
For my fellow Sisters fans, check out this nice cover of "This Corrosion"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3PhSsPtn4Q
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6848 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Wow! Sent chills up the spine...

Doug
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
From what I've heard she played this for the first time at a Sisters show and did a couple of other songs with them. I'd have loved to have seen that.
~Will Rogers
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6848 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Maggie Reilly sang in the song, "More", but who was the female voice in "This Corrosion"? Or was that good old Jim Steinman pullin' those high notes?

Doug
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
The original? I'm not sure. Maybe it was The Doktor Smile
~Will Rogers
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6848 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Haa hahaha! Bada BOOM! I just listened to the full length version of that again. Classic. I'm 58 and I'm still a rocker! Iron Maiden, Cold Sweat, even The Rainmakers...I also love that group Evanescence. When I met Amy Lee, I realized why I love Goth women! LOL!

Ya know, I'm thinking that's Jim Steinman's vocals now. I could have sworn I heard a female voice in there somewhere. The Doktor is just a beat box. Smile

Doug
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
I'll bet the Doktor could lay it down, robot style.
~Will Rogers
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6848 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quite a unit I hear. That whole group is one of a kind. We played stuff from them on WZON in the late 80's, specifically the Floodland album, and that was...what, 1989? That's the one Steinman was involved in, plus...one other (?)...

And this, according to wiki:

The original incarnation of Doktor Avalanche was a BOSS DR-55 ("Doctor Rhythm"); the Doktor was later replaced by a Roland TR-606, soon followed by a TR-808, and, briefly, a TR-909. On one album, First and Last and Always, an Oberheim DMX bore the Doktor name.

With increased financial resources from sale of the album, the Doktor was upgraded to a Yamaha RX5, and subsequently reinforced by Akai S900 and S1000 samplers. An Akai S3200 has been used as studio equipment. Soon after, the first digital Doktor appeared in the form of a set of Compaq portable PCs, which had to be scrapped when it became impossible to maintain them because of a lack of spare parts.

In recent years the "Digital Doktor" has been moved to a custom-built laptop designed by Eldritch and constructed by an English military software and hardware company. For a time there was some division in the band as the whether or not the Doktor should be moved to a Macintosh running Logic or remain as is.

In a 2011 interview with a New Zealand radio station, Eldritch said Doktor Avalanche is now a Macbook Pro laptop running Steinberg Cubase.

Doktor Avalanche also "runs" the on-line advice column on the Sisters' website.

But you knew that already! LOL! Smile That's just a tidbit for folks not so familiar...

Doug
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Cool!
Soon, Doktor Avalanche will change his name to Skynet and it will be all over for us puny humans.
~Will Rogers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Awesome Sisters cover (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL