The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Sim City 3000 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
So, I was cleaning out a drawer in my office, and I stumbled upon and old Sim City 3000 disk. Copyright 1999. I figured that it was garbage, but just for old time's sake, I put it in my drive.

Well, wouldn't you know it? The darned thing installed and ran on Window 7. Ok, I'm thinking, this should be nostalgic, lame and a bit fun.

It is still pretty much the best game ever. I'm wasting time daily. I'm thinking about my cities. The music is stuck in my head all day.

This is stupid.

I need help.

My name is John and I'm an addict.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
Hi John,

I still play Sim City from time to time. Once it gets in your bloodstream it is hard to shake off. I like management type games a lot more than the point and shoot type. Sim City and Railroad Tycoon are my favorites.

Question: Do you use "pause" while planning your city or do you play pretty much in real time?
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
I play as continuously as possible. As I struggle to figure out how to configure a highway, all sorts of disasters occur in faraway corners of my city. Keeps me sharp Smile
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
I still will pull out and play Heroes of Might and Magic III and the original XCOM from time to time and find they are still as addicting as they always were.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
My fiancée really wants the Sim games.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
John, you and my daughters could probably build a pretty awesome city! Smile
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On 2014-01-14 11:35, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
So, I was cleaning out a drawer in my office, and I stumbled upon and old Sim City 3000 disk. Copyright 1999. I figured that it was garbage, but just for old time's sake, I put it in my drive.

Well, wouldn't you know it? The darned thing installed and ran on Window 7. Ok, I'm thinking, this should be nostalgic, lame and a bit fun.

It is still pretty much the best game ever. I'm wasting time daily. I'm thinking about my cities. The music is stuck in my head all day.

This is stupid.

I need help.

My name is John and I'm an addict.

Take the disc and destroy it in the most final manner you can think of. Break it into pieces, burn the pieces, scatter the ashes or flush them. Then when you find yourself "missing" it. think back to how you got rid of it and the why will also come back.
Things like that steal your life.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
That's how I am with Civilization V. (I always try to win cultural or diplomatic victories, but in the end I usually end up nuking everyone anyway.)
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
If you are addicted to the older games - which do not spoon-feed you - go to gog.com. They have great prices on great old games!
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
I never played Sim City 3000. BECAUSE I was addicted to Sim City 2000. I lost way too many hours of sleep, because it ceased being a game and became a project.

A project that in theory could never end.

Do I really want to tell people, "Yes, Hi, nice to meet you; I'm working on a really cool city in SimCityXXX?" ?
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2014-01-15 06:59, Vlad_77 wrote:
If you are addicted to the older games - which do not spoon-feed you - go to gog.com. They have great prices on great old games!

Vlad- Have you ever played "Aces of the Deep?" It's an old WWII German submarine simulation game, in which you can go through the whole submarine war- in real time! (If you're crazy- otherwise you can speed up the time.)
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1340 Posts

Profile of imgic
Quote:
On 2014-01-14 22:46, mastermindreader wrote:
That's how I am with Civilization V. (I always try to win cultural or diplomatic victories, but in the end I usually end up nuking everyone anyway.)

Civ addict here as well. I've actually destroyed two sets of CDs in attempt to stop. I refuse to buy Civ V because I know I'll stay up til all hours and literally waste days.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
[quote]On 2014-01-15 13:25, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
Have you ever played "Aces of the Deep?" It's an old WWII German submarine simulation game, in which you can go through the whole submarine war- in real time! (If you're crazy- otherwise you can speed up the time.)

I have a WWII submarine sim called "Silent Hunter". I'll bet they are very similar in game play.

I was a "Roller Coaster Tycoon" addict for a while but I got over it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Sim City 3000 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL