The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Ever looked for a hard to find book ... and then found it (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gostone23
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of gostone23
I have been looking for a reasonably priced set of House of Mystery: The magic Science of David P. Abbott from Todd Karr and Teller for years.

Over the course of those years: I reached out to Miracle Factory only to find out that Teller had the remaining copies for sale. (Todd Karr was very nice via email.) I emailed the address supplied and was told they were in the gift shop of the Penn & Teller show at the RIO. After finding the number of the gift shop, I called(multiple times) and they had no idea what I was talking about. So I had mostly given up. I checked Amazon, Google, and the used book sites occaisionally to no avail. Finally, Amazon had a set for $125 so I bought it. The seller emailed me and claimed they didn't have the product listed. That was a major dissapointment. A couple of weeks later a set was listed on Amazon for like $795. I couldn't do that.

So more months go by and finally, last week, I found a listing on AbeBooks for Vol 1 witha reasonable price. I buy it but am still leary that it'll actually get here. Well, Yesterday I finally got it in the mail and it is awesome. I began reading it last night. It was worth the wait.

Anyone else ever search for a book and finally procure a copy?

Now on to the search for Vol 2...

-Robert
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of Leo H
It happens to bibliophiles all the time Robert. Some books have taken me years to find. I will share a secret with you by saying that you can cut down on the wait time for a tough book by trying used magic book dealers like Andy Greget, Byron Walker, and O'Dowd.
pf70ds
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of pf70ds
Always check the used book sellers at the conventions .I have found many a book there
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Ever looked for a hard to find book ... and then found it (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL