We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » IBM Web Site Account Log-in (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Thomas Henry
View Profile
Inner circle
1011 Posts

Profile of Thomas Henry
Hello all,

I hope I'm not being stupid here, but I can't figure out how to set up an account on the IBM Web site. The only choices are to either log in (which assumes you have an account) or to join the IBM afresh. I've been a member since 1967!

In other words, there seems to be a third category missing: how a current member can set up an account.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Thomas Henry
Omne ignotum pro magnifico.
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
I'll get an answer for you...give me 12 hours...
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Thomas, Sammy has asked the web team to look at this. I should have an answer for you soon...

It's a new and very sophisticated site ... Thanks for pointing this out!

Skip
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8696 Posts

Profile of harris
I was able to log into the general site and also the perk/my personal web page through magician.org

http://www.magician.org/member/drlaugh4u

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Thomas Henry
View Profile
Inner circle
1011 Posts

Profile of Thomas Henry
Hi Harris,

Well, that presumes you have a user login and password, doesn't it? I have neither (I guess), even though I'm a longtime member of the IBM.

Thomas Henry
Omne ignotum pro magnifico.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8696 Posts

Profile of harris
Thomas Henry. You are correct. When I have had a question, I have found help here as well as calling I.B.M. Headquarters.
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
Studs Kreitzer
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Studs Kreitzer
Hi again,

This hasn't been my month for online magic conversation! Not only can I not figure out how to go online with the IBM (an organization I joined back in 1967 originally), but this week my Magic Café account went pfft...and had to start over again with a new name.

So, despite the new name here, this is still Thomas Henry asking how to get registered on the IBM Portal.

Any ideas? I'm anxious to contribute but have no one to talk to, thanks to these *** computers!

Thomas Henry
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Thomas, your login is your I.B.M. Member number without the letter. Your password should be unchanged. If you don't have a password or have forgotten it, click on the "Forgot Login" link and post your email. If that doesn't work, use the Contact page to send a request for assistance. Let me know if you don't get a response within 24 hours.

At your service!

Skip

Studs Kreitzer
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Thanks, Skip,

Unfortunately, that's what I had originally tried. But an error message returned is that no such address is found. In other words, that only works if someone was originally registered.

As near as I can tell, the Portal only works for two types of people:

1. Those who are joining the IBM fresh, completely from scratch, and

2. Those who are already members, but somehow already registered for the Portal.

I still think there is a third option missing from the page: something for those people like me who are long time members of the IBM but don't have a Portal registration yet.

I'll try the contact page you mention.

Thanks again,

Thomas Henry
Studs Kreitzer
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Hi gang,

Okay, I'm in business on the Portal now. I just got a note from Sindie saying it's been cleared up and my email address is now on file.

Now, if I can only get my Magic Café name back!

Thanks to all for the suggestions,

Thomas Henry
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
You're absolutely right, Thomas. I reported this oversight to Sammy Smith when you first brought it up. He assures me that the programmers are working on a fix. I'll check on his status and report back.

Skip

Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Okay...here's the skinny. The programmers are working on the problem. In the meantime, you can call the main office at 636.724.2400 or email them using the contact form on the website. Provide your membership number and ask for a temporary password. Once you have that, you can log on and change your password.

Please let me know if this does not work or you have further issues.

At your service!

Skip

Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Oops! Just saw your post! Glad it worked out. As the incredible Harris pointed out, most issues can be resolved with a phone call or email to Sindie. She's amazing!

Welcome aboard! Don't forget to join the online Ring 2100 for great I.B.M. Contacts!

Skip

harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8696 Posts

Profile of harris
Yes Sindie is great
So good, thought I would write it a second time.
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » IBM Web Site Account Log-in (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL