The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Valentines theme tricks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Slough Illusions
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma
53 Posts

Profile of Slough Illusions
Hey guys with valentines comming up I thought it would be neat to hear what is your go to valentines trick?
Mel Yoder
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Mel Yoder
I'm thinking a FLOWER BOUQUET appear,using roses.I have this one from David Ginn where a bouquet appear out of silks.Have not had a chance to use it.Or Flowers From Empty Bag.Some sort of dove magic, maybe a linking ring routine.How about producing a heart shape box of Chocolates from a dove pan?

Mel
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
As a vent, I have written (with my beloved wife's help) a new routine for Nigel.

Corinthians 13 might be an easy place to start.

And John...He loved the world so much......

My Gospel programs are not just tricks, music and vent.

Sometimes I just share how the Lord has blessed and loved me,
even in the days when I was not so loveable. My ego, was enlarged.
Now I realize Ego, can be broken down to "Edging God Out!"

You all have inspired me to start thinking about a new strait jacket routine.

First thought, when I am all wrapped up in me, and want rather than give love, I am all wrapped up in me.
When I am wrapped up in me, I make a very small package.
Some,(well my beloved, honest wife,) would say...Honey you are overdressed!

Being a musician, I would add things from Barry Manilow...Can't smile without you..to Let me call you sweetheart.

Nigel, might parody the last one. Let me call you sweetheart...I forgot your name.

love brother Harris
still 2 old to know it all
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Craig Logan
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
541 Posts

Profile of Craig Logan
Off the top of my head... a torn and restored paper heart. The heartbreak and the mending of the day. It mirrors our spiritual heartbreak and God's Supernatural mending.
Or Harris III has a nice transformation of a ball of foil to a Hershey's Kiss. Seems appropriate.
"A wizard is not to be made in a day." -Professor Hoffmann (Modern Magic)
Slough Illusions
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma
53 Posts

Sounds good so far! My Favorite Valentine routine I use stinky(my spring puppet skunk)and have him look for his true love in the crowd by doing a bunch of funny things like produce a flower, give away a kiss(Hershey kiss)etc...Then I would talk about John 15:13(and stinky plays dead), then talking about what real love is. Real love is when Jesus laid down his life so we could have eternal life.
What about everyone else?
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
FCM member Marvin Hall created a wonderful Valentine adaptation of our Bunny Love routine. And he has kindly agreed to let us include his script, upon request, with every purchase.

Visit our website for more details about Bunny Love (google us and you'll find it). Or PM me on the Café.

- Arthur & Leslie Stead
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Mel Yoder
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Mel Yoder
Quote:
On 2014-01-16 14:51, Slough Illusions wrote:
Sounds good so far! My Favorite Valentine routine I use stinky(my spring puppet skunk)and have him look for his true love in the crowd by doing a bunch of funny things like produce a flower, give away a kiss(Hershey kiss)etc...Then I would talk about John 15:13(and stinky plays dead), then talking about what real love is. Real love is when Jesus laid down his life so we could have eternal life.
What about everyone else?

Seems like this routine could actually be done at any time of year.So does stinky whisper in your ear or do you do some vent?Just wondering how stinky communicates with the Audience.Thanks for the tip.I have the rabbit in hat,now you have me wanting to spend some money on another critter.Seems it never ends.

Mel
Slough Illusions
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma
53 Posts

Mel I'll PM you with more info on the routine.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
I bought from Dan Garrett at his lecture for Ring 211 in Grand Rapids his "Heartz" sponge trick. http://www.DanGarrettMagic.com Great little effect, nice way to begin a Valentine's Day close up routine.
albertson
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of albertson
I have performed for many valentines banquets and used the theme "Love will set you free".
Using the C.S.Lewis book "The four Loves" as my framework, I created routines to illustrate (and of course Highly Entertain !) his points.
OK, for example, to demonstrate "Eros" you might perform the chocolate kiss routine with a husband and wife.
If you know the Kellar Rope Tie or any other escape routines . . . Love, sets you free ! Best Regards, Paul
thomhaha
View Profile
Regular user
northfield IL
162 Posts

Profile of thomhaha
Not a "trick" per se, but a paper tear resulting in 4 hearts - not too different than a crusader's cross snowflake.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Valentines theme tricks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL