The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Finger ring moves? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
I recently got a copy of De'vo's GREAT DVD - Cradle to Grave, and at the end of it there is a promo for a DVD called "Der Ring".

It had a really quick clip of De'vo putting the ring on and off extremely fast with no duplicates or gimmicks. Just lightning fast ways to put a ring on in under a second and un-noticable.

Is there anything else like this out there? I mean I've seen Garretts ring material, and several others and they mostly use false displays etc. This is just skill. One handed ring in the fingertips to on the hand in less than a second! Smile and you can't see how it's done! Ring is thrown in the air and bamn, on the finger. And it isn't a switch or misdirection in any way, just plain fast. It's also written that the ring isn't incredibly lose at all, that 90% is technique. The spectator pulls the ring off with a struggle and no cheating from the ring wearer.

I was immediately flabergasted by this and want to learn more about this kind of manipulation. The DVD doesn't come our for a couple of months so I wanted to see if there was any other material out there like this. I want to get a head start.lol
PROINWA1
View Profile
New user
Washington USA
7 Posts

Profile of PROINWA1
Well... Jay Sankeys's Leaving home melts a key on and off a string instantly. You could use a ring using the same method. I also have the Sankey DVDs from L&L and he shows you how to do it there also. As far as throwing a ring in the air and catching it on your finger; I saw Jay Sankey do that at a lecture. The method is amazingly simple. I don't know where it is written though, it was just a Sankey lecture extra.
Alikzam
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of Alikzam
Throwing a ring and catching it on your finger is seen in "On the Spot"
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
Great! I'll check it out.

De'vo's did catch it on the finger, he threw it up and bamn, it was on his finger. But that sounds cool, I'll check it out. Thanks again.
magus
View Profile
Special user
Huntington Beach, Ca
669 Posts

Profile of magus
There is an effectin "Penumbra" number five where the ring is shown on the palm, you wave your hand over it, and its on your finger.It's called "Business Trip"
I get a pretty good reaction from it...
crappy deium-

what a lousy day to be seized

thaumometer-

a device for measuring a magical field
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
GREAT, I'll check into that as well! Keep them coming. I love this stuff!

-Is that one an effect or manipulation. In other words do you put it on quicly from in the palm or is there a gaff or switch of somesort?
magus
View Profile
Special user
Huntington Beach, Ca
669 Posts

Profile of magus
You put it on quickly
crappy deium-

what a lousy day to be seized

thaumometer-

a device for measuring a magical field
Cole
View Profile
New user
Calgary
63 Posts

Profile of Cole
David Acer's: Extreme Close-Up has a few great effects with finger rings. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Finger ring moves? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL