The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » The Spiritual Stage » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (79 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1648 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
As some of you know, my long awaited book is soon to be published. http://www.SpiritualStage.com

I would be happy to answer any questions on this, regardless of your religious/spiritual beliefs. Here is a thread where I was asked about the book when I was guest of honor last year: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=330&9
Thanks! JR
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Looks interesting and if I don't get slaughtered by shipping and Holland's obscene VAT, I may just buy this. Smile
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1648 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On 2014-01-18 22:18, Vlad_77 wrote:
Looks interesting and if I don't get slaughtered by shipping and Holland's obscene VAT, I may just buy this. Smile


Thanks Vlad. I think you will enjoy it. I will make sure that you do not have to pay any more than cost to have it shipped to Holland!! Roger
thomhaha
View Profile
Regular user
northfield IL
162 Posts

Profile of thomhaha
I am an ordained minister and a professor of religious education. I came to both of those careers through performance. What I see so far intriques me. PLease share info on how to get a copy, how much, etc.. And congrats!
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2014-01-18 20:32, Jolly Roger wrote:
As some of you know, my long awaited book is soon to be published. http://www.SpiritualStage.com

I would be happy to answer any questions on this, regardless of your religious/spiritual beliefs. Thanks! JR


Unfortunately I haven't a spiritual bone in my body. So I fear I'd get little out of your book.

I'm still interested in reading it though.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1648 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Thanks for your interest.........even Master Payne! I shall keep you posted on the expected publication date, and further details as they unfold. I hope you had fun on your recent trip to England, Payne. JR
Mel Yoder
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Mel Yoder
Quote:
On 2014-01-18 20:32, Jolly Roger wrote:
As some of you know, my long awaited book is soon to be published. http://www.SpiritualStage.com

I would be happy to answer any questions on this, regardless of your religious/spiritual beliefs. Thanks! JR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM88xd4KgB4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This song you recommended was very disturbing to me as it seemed to put all the gods people worship into one power.I belive there is only one true God.
Mel
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1648 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On 2014-01-21 21:15, Mel Yoder wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-01-18 20:32, Jolly Roger wrote:
As some of you know, my long awaited book is soon to be published. http://www.SpiritualStage.com

I would be happy to answer any questions on this, regardless of your religious/spiritual beliefs. Thanks! JR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM88xd4KgB4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This song you recommended was very disturbing to me as it seemed to put all the gods people worship into one power.I belive there is only one true God.
Mel


Hello Mel. I am unsure what you found disturbing in that wonderful video. I agree with you, there is only one God. Daniel Namod would also agree with you I am sure. What you call Him is unimportant. JR
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7401 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
JR -

If I recall correctly, you have more of a Universalist approach to your faith. Is that correct?

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1648 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On 2014-01-21 22:32, Donald Dunphy wrote:
JR -

If I recall correctly, you have more of a Universalist approach to your faith. Is that correct?

- Donald


Hello Donald,

Not really. I actually am not a particular fan of any spiritual/religious belief that has the letters "IST" on the end of it. JR
guyactor
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of guyactor
J. Roger:

I call 'him' 'Father', the One True God. Most important is the question, what do you do with Jesus/Yeshua? Is he, as the bible states, the only way to the Father and life with Him after we die?

While you certainly are entitled to personal opinion, I do choose to use an 'ist' word to identify myself - Christian. This forum is also of that persuasion.
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1648 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On 2014-01-21 23:20, guyactor wrote:
J. Roger:

I call 'him' 'Father', the One True God. Most important is the question, what do you do with Jesus/Yeshua? Is he, as the bible states, the only way to the Father and life with Him after we die?

While you certainly are entitled to personal opinion, I do choose to use an 'ist' word to identify myself - Christian. This forum is also of that persuasion.


Actually, Christian has "IST" in the middle, and not at the end. I am indeed a ChrISTian. JR
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7401 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
JR -

You may not like the label Universalist, but when you talk about what you believe (in your posts, in person), you share common beliefs with a Universalist. You believe that there are many ways to come to God, and accept the premise that a Muslim, a Buddhist, and a Christian (for example) are worshiping the same God. What do you believe about their destinies after death?

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1648 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On 2014-01-21 23:29, Donald Dunphy wrote:
JR -

You may not like the label Universalist, but when you talk about what you believe (in your posts, in person), you share common beliefs with a Universalist. You believe that there are many ways to come to God, and accept the premise that a Muslim and a Christian (for example) are worshiping the same God. What do you believe about their destinies after death?

- Donald


Donald, there is only one God, one source, and one power. God is pure love and pure light, the creator of all. The beginning and the end. The Alpha and the Omega. We are all children of God. There is no such thing as my God and your God. It is only man's foolishness that causes this division. There is only one God, whatever we care to call him. Man strayed from God in the Garden of Eden. One day, we shall all return to Him. For some it may take longer than others, but he will be there in waiting. The suffering in the world is never caused by God, only by man and his ignorance. "Return to me, and I shall return to thee." JR
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7401 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Quote:
On 2014-01-21 23:46, Jolly Roger wrote:
One day, we shall all return to Him. For some it may take longer than others, but he will be there in waiting.


Could you expand a little more about what you mean by these sentences?

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Craig Logan
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
540 Posts

Profile of Craig Logan
Here are some Bible verses to make sure the path to God the Father is clear and our opinions don't cloud the waters;

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 3:16-18 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Unless I'm missing something, condemnation is not temporary, it is eternal.

Romans 10:9 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

I don't want to start a fight, but to echo the concerns of Brother Donald, Universalism is dangerous. No matter what we would like to believe or what we feel is right, Not all souls will find themselves in Heaven.

Matthew 7:21
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
"A wizard is not to be made in a day." -Professor Hoffmann (Modern Magic)
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7401 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Another question I have for JR is what he believes about the Bible.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8663 Posts

Profile of harris
Christ with Ist in the middle....

Reminds me

a. to have Christ in my life
and with a sleight change Ist becomes 1st in my life.



Harris
I am a bit farther back than "second"
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1648 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On 2014-01-22 10:43, Donald Dunphy wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-01-21 23:46, Jolly Roger wrote:
One day, we shall all return to Him. For some it may take longer than others, but he will be there in waiting.


Could you expand a little more about what you mean by these sentences?

- Donald


Excellent question Donald. We all started with God. As it says in the Bible "We are all children of God." Man separated from God in the garden of Eden. In the earthly realm in which we live, there is evil and insanity. Much of humankind has deserted God, but He has not deserted them. Because He is pure love and compassion, He is there for all of us at any time. We just need to re-discover Him, and the door will be open for all of us. For some it will take longer than others, because they are not seeing the light, but in time all will return. One day the lion will lie next to the lamb. JR
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1648 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On 2014-01-22 11:19, Donald Dunphy wrote:
Another question I have for JR is what he believes about the Bible.

- Donald


Sorry, Donald, but I am not quite sure I understand your question. Please clarify. Thanks! JR
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » The Spiritual Stage » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (79 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL