The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » The Spiritual Stage » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (79 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8663 Posts

Profile of harris
Sh'ma "Good News friend" Adonai Eloheinu Adonai echad.
Hear, "Good News friend", the Lord is our God, the Lord is One.
Psalms 1
1:2 but his delight is in Yahweh’s law.
On his law he meditates day and night.
1:3 He will be like a tree planted by the streams of water,
that brings forth its fruit in its season,
whose leaf also does not wither.
Whatever he does shall prosper.

Brothers and Sisters in Christ...
and somewhere in the New Testament.
May your seeds be planted on fertile soil. The Good News will be multiplied
hmmm was it 30...60. 90...

Love

Harris
Still too old to know it all
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1648 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On 2014-02-09 13:23, Danny Kazam wrote:
Proverbs 28:26
He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered.

I can quote several other scriptures directly from the Bible as proof and reproof which can be used to correct, and if need be, I will. Not for my edification, but so that the enemies of the Cross will be revealed, lest those who are still babes in the Lord be deceived.

Payne, I am saddened to discover that you are not as intellectual as I thought you were when it comes to theology. You seem to adhere to assumptions that can easily be refuted. I am convinced that you have not done any actual research other than using google to find the first articles that supports your thesis.

I understand that you don't believe in God, but why you continue to feel drawn towards the Gospel magic forum despite not believing in the validation of the Gospels, nor being a Gospel performer, only trying to disprove the Bible shows very little respect and tolerance to those who do believe it is God's inspired Word.

Danny, my friend, who do you think of as an enemy of the cross? I am just curious. Jesus had no enemies, I have no enemies, do you have enemies? Just wondering. Jesus was about pure love, kindness and peace. He was not angry or bitter towards anyone. He did not even consider the Roman soldiers who had him crucified to be his enemies. Was He not a great example for us all? JR
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8663 Posts

Profile of harris
"This forum is provided as an area for gospel magicians to discuss topics pertaining to the art of gospel magic - - Not for folks to bash gospel magic, or the religious beliefs of the people who do perform gospel magic. If gospel magic is not your thing, the Café provides plenty of other categories to choose from, thank you.
Postings that are contrary to the above guidelines will be removed with no notice or reason given.
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks"
As someone who draws from many boxes in my nearly normal brain. The following popped up. Not necessarily related directly to comments here.

WWJD is always interesting when I hear or read it

Sometimes He waited, sometimes he surprised, confused his followers. Other times he over turned tables outside
His Father's house. He was always about His Fathers business. Even when his earthly parents list track if Him.
( not to be confused with my parents forgetting me at the gas station.

No enemies. Hmm There is one. And when Jesus returns,he won't be riding a donkey.

From another box comes another perhaps ?? Related quote. Not from the Bible. This one is from. Pogo.
We have met the enemy & it is us.
Our sinful nature others, might call it.
Others might call it EGO. Edging God out.
Wrapped up in self or wealth or fame or riches or knowledge.....

Love brother Harris
Still too old to know it all
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1648 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
I enjoy reading your posts, Harris, although I will confess that at times I find them a trifle confusing!!! I will repeat what I said before..........if you are pure love and light, you have no enemies. Jesus showed love to all, even those who others might have perceived as enemies. If I was to give a gospel show, this is the message I would give to the children. It would be to love one another, just like Jesus demonstrated. JR
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8663 Posts

Profile of harris
JR. You are not alone.
Even my wife finds my thoughts process confusing.
At times she will ask me how I got from conversation A to conversation B.
I will plot my brain from a present conversation through paths it takes.

When I co wrote a weekly radio comedy my cowriter would remind me of importance of transitions.
I had them in my head. I assumed others would go along with me on the ride.

When I did stand up a MC quipped comedy was cheaper than psycho therapy for me.

Last group I had with students. One asked me, Mr. Deutsch can you please explain that metaphor.
Another client complimented me that I didn't t just give pat "counselor answers".
But as Mr. Bongo said. I digress.
Guess my brain works that way.

Absolute love honesty and purity ... Priceless

Love brother Harris
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1648 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On 2014-02-09 21:59, Harris wrote:
JR. You are not alone.
Even my wife finds my thoughts process confusing.
At times she will ask me how I got from conversation A to conversation B.
I will plot my brain from a present conversation through paths it takes.

When I co wrote a weekly radio comedy my cowriter would remind me of importance of transitions.
I had them in my head. I assumed others would go along with me on the ride.

When I did stand up a MC quipped comedy was cheaper than psycho therapy for me.

Last group I had with students. One asked me, Mr. Deutsch can you please explain that metaphor.
Another client complimented me that I didn't t just give pat "counselor answers".
But as Mr. Bongo said. I digress.
Guess my brain works that way.

Absolute love honesty and purity ... Priceless

Love brother Harris

You are a good man Harris!! Don't change. Your slightly confusing rhetoric is part of your charm!!! Smile JR
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Philippians 3:18-20
Jeremiah 23:16

are a few places you can start to find out. The Bible is filled with enemies of the Cross. We also know that Jesus expressed many different emotions including anger. He was angry when he turned over tables, accussing the people there of turning his Fathers house into a den of thieves. He also spoke often against the Scribes and Pharisees.

I am afraid that you have a very different take on who Jesus is than what our Bible describes to us. He is God in the flesh. The same God who was so angry with the way His people chose to disobey Him that He had the earth flooded and destroyed everyone but Noah's family. He was also angry with His chosen people despite making a promise with them, and keeping it. God is loving, but also has a wrath that is not only justified, but one that should be feared. In fact, Satan and the fallen angels (demons) fear.

God is just, and fair, and even though He is slow to anger, He is the administrator of our punishments for our sins to those who reject Him. Deny Christ, and Christ will also deny you before His Father.

You cannot interpretate scriptures to your own hearts content. There is a way, and it is not by our hearts. Scripture tells us in many passages that our heart will deceive us. We are to not follow our hearts as you suggest. I pray that you will read the scriptures asking God to reveal Himself to you.

Peace
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
guyactor
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of guyactor
Quote:
On 2014-02-09 20:31, Jolly Roger wrote:

[ Jesus had no enemies.......

JR, he certainly did. Those who rallied against him and misquoted the scriptures they were supposed to know and held positions of religious office because of it.

If you are stating that Jesus didn't 'hate' anyone, that is probably more correct. When confronting anyone in conversation about himself, explaining the kingdom of God or laying out what one needs to do to be saved, he just spoke the facts. It was up to the individual/holy spirit to do deal with HIs statements.
He made the Pharisees very angry. Very angry. But again, He just spoke the Father's truth.

The Gospel is all about what the Father did through Christ. This is where the importance rests. I know you know this.

Again, I would say say these things to you over a cup of coffee just the same as here. You say God is 'love and light'. You state correctly. He is also as Mr. Kazam has stated. He is jealous for you!

I know this is not a forum to discuss doctrine. It is for the 'performing' of gospel magic. I'd like to leave this conversation as done and move on to how we use magic to illustrate God's love AND what Jesus did for us on the cross.

Blessings,

Barry
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam

are a few places you can start to find out. The Bible is filled with enemies of the Cross. We also know that Jesus expressed many different emotions including anger. He was angry when he turned over tables, accussing the people there of turning his Fathers house into a den of thieves. He also spoke often against the Scribesand Pharisees.

I am afraid that you have a very different take on who Jesus is than what our Bible describes to us. He is God in the flesh. The same God who was so angry with the way His people chose to disobey Him that He had the earth flooded and destroyed everyone but Noah's family. He was also angry with His chosen people despite making a promise with them, and keeping it. God is loving, but also has a wrath that is not only justified, but one that should be feared. In fact, Satan and the fallen angels (demons) fear.

God is just, and fair, and even though He is slow to anger, He is the administrator of our punishments for our sins to those who reject Him. Deny Christ, and Christ will also deny you before His Father.

You cannot interpretate scriptures to your own hearts content. There is a way, and it is not by our hearts. Scripture tells us in many passages that our heart will deceive us. We are to not follow our hearts as you suggest. I pray that you will read the scriptures asking God to reveal Himself to you.

Peace
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1648 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On 2014-02-09 23:10, Danny Kazam wrote:

are a few places you can start to find out. The Bible is filled with enemies of the Cross. We also know that Jesus expressed many different emotions including anger. He was angry when he turned over tables, accussing the people there of turning his Fathers house into a den of thieves. He also spoke often against the Scribes and Pharisees.

Peace

Danny, God HAS revealed himself to me. He is not an angry God, but a God of pure love as I previously indicated. This spirit is in me and all around me every waking and sleeping hour. He guides me on my way, and I feel His presence even as I write this. God does not judge, and His love is endless and eternal. Yes, I do listen to my heart, the spirit within me, for there I find both God and inner peace. I forgive everyone for everything. We were not born with original sin, but with original blessings. Once this is realized by all humanity, the planet will return to the garden of Eden, and then back to God from whence we came.

For the record, I do NOT fear God. How can anyone be afraid of the ultimate divine spirit who is pure love? JR
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1789 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Quote:
On 2014-02-09 23:48, Jolly Roger wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-02-09 23:10, Danny Kazam wrote:

Peace

Danny, God HAS revealed himself to me. He is not an angry God, but a God of pure love as I previously indicated. This spirit is in me and all around me every waking and sleeping hour. He guides me on my way, and I feel His presence even as I write this. God does not judge, and His love is endless and eternal. Yes, I do listen to my heart, the spirit within me, for there I find both God and inner peace. I forgive everyone for everything. We were not born with original sin, but with original blessings. Once this is realized by all humanity, the planet will return to the garden of Eden, and then back to God from whence we came.

For the record, I do NOT fear God. How can anyone be afraid of the ultimate divine spirit who is pure love? JR

And so, another difference between Unity and orthodox Christianity:

From http://www.unity.org/faq-page#t171n271

What does Unity teach about sin and salvation?

Sin is our separation from God, the Good, in consciousness. Salvation is now--not something that occurs after death. It happens whenever we turn our thoughts from fear, anxiety, worry, and doubt to thoughts of love, harmony, joy, and peace. The "fall" takes place in consciousness whenever we fall into negative habits of thinking.
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8663 Posts

Profile of harris
Re: don't change and that is part of charm.

Reminds me of the story of man given a book of zen poems. Asked about them, he answered I don' t understand them all, and I feel better after reading them.

God disciplines and convicts me. Though often I am joyful, I often get reminded how far I have come and yet far to go.
Spare the rod and hate the performer. All done because of Love ,not through lack of Love.

Perhaps it is time to dust my sandals off....
God help me discern the next action.

The pen and keyboard are often as difficult to control as my tongue.

Love
brother Harris
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1648 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:

From http://www.unity.org/faq-page#t171n271

What does Unity teach about sin and salvation?

Sin is our separation from God, the Good, in consciousness. Salvation is now--not something that occurs after death. It happens whenever we turn our thoughts from fear, anxiety, worry, and doubt to thoughts of love, harmony, joy, and peace. The "fall" takes place in consciousness whenever we fall into negative habits of thinking.

Thanks for that link, Terry. Makes sense to me! This is also from that link:

Does Unity believe in the divinity of Jesus Christ?

"Yes, Unity teaches that the spirit of God lived in Jesus, just as it lives in every person. Every person has the potential to express the perfection of Christ as Jesus did, by being more Christlike in everyday life"

JR
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1648 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
You are told in scripture that you are all children of God. What does this mean? It means that you are all connected to God, and God is united with you. God is a part of each one of you. The reason I believe in Him is not because I have been told about Him by so many people over the years. I feel this presence. I feel His presence. It is both a comfort and a knowing. God is simply a word, made up by man. You therefore cannot intellectualize the word, or analyze it. You can only feel it and Him. There is a huge difference between being told to believe in something or someone, and actually experiencing this spirit, this form, this thing or entity man has decided to call GOD. There is also a vast difference between following a religion and experiencing a divine presence in your daily lives that is guiding you on your chosen path. It is sad that so much death and suffering has been caused by man in the name of religion over the centuries. JR
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Those of us who know scripture know that the god you are speaking of is not the same God as taught to us in scripture. You are free to believe what you want to believe, and you can choose to follow your heart, but being a Christian is first believing the Jesus is God, God in the flesh. To deny this is to deny the true devinity of Christ. You also do not believe in the many same characteristics of God of Abraham.

Ezekiel 21:31 "And I will pour out mine indignation upon thee, I will blow against thee in the fire of my wrath, and deliver thee into the hand of brutish men, and skilful to destroy."

This contradicts all your statemnts about God never getting angry.

Matthew 7:21-23 "Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many wil say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them , I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Do you know how to detect a counterfeit? By studying the real thing. By studying the Bible, ( not listening to our heart, for God tells us our heart will decieve us) we will know when someone brings to us another God and not the one true God described to us in the Bible.

2 Corinthians 11:3-4
"But I fear , lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. For he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not excepted, ye might well bear with him."

2 Timothy 3:16
"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness."
How then can this be if everyone is allowed to interpretate the scriptures how they see fit, or from their heart that deceives?

Jeremiah 17:9
" The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?"

1John 8
" If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."

Willingly, or unknowingly, you are presenting to us another god that is not the God of Moses, the same God as Abraham, the same God who inspired and breathed life into the collection of scriptures contained in the Bible. If you were not originally aware of this, has it been brought more to light since your original post advertising your book? If not, can you please provide scripture that supports the claims and denials you have made on this thread so we can search the truth within the Bible together, and perhaps discover what most here are getting wrong, if that be the case.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8663 Posts

Profile of harris
"This forum is provided as an area for gospel magicians to discuss topics pertaining to the art of gospel magic - - Not for folks to bash gospel magic,
or the religious beliefs of the people who do perform gospel magic. If gospel magic is not your thing, the Café provides plenty of other categories to choose from, thank you.
Postings that are contrary to the above guidelines will be removed with no notice or reason

Love brother Harris
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1648 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On 2014-02-10 22:13, Danny Kazam wrote:
Those of us who know scripture know that the god you are speaking of is not the same God as taught to us in scripture. You are free to believe what you want to believe, and you can choose to follow your heart, but being a Christian is first believing the Jesus is God, God in the flesh. To deny this is to deny the true devinity of Christ. You also do not believe in the many same characteristics of God of Abraham.

Ezekiel 21:31 "And I will pour out mine indignation upon thee, I will blow against thee in the fire of my wrath, and deliver thee into the hand of brutish men, and skilful to destroy."

This contradicts all your statemnts about God never getting angry.

Matthew 7:21-23 "Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many wil say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them , I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Do you know how to detect a counterfeit? By studying the real thing. By studying the Bible, ( not listening to our heart, for God tells us our heart will decieve us) we will know when someone brings to us another God and not the one true God described to us in the Bible.

2 Corinthians 11:3-4
"But I fear , lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. For he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not excepted, ye might well bear with him."

2 Timothy 3:16
"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness."
How then can this be if everyone is allowed to interpretate the scriptures how they see fit, or from their heart that deceives?

Jeremiah 17:9
" The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?"

1John 8
" If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."

Willingly, or unknowingly, you are presenting to us another god that is not the God of Moses, the same God as Abraham, the same God who inspired and breathed life into the collection of scriptures contained in the Bible. If you were not originally aware of this, has it been brought more to light since your original post advertising your book? If not, can you please provide scripture that supports the claims and denials you have made on this thread so we can search the truth within the Bible together, and perhaps discover what most here are getting wrong, if that be the case.

Danny, my friend, I am indeed a Christian! There is only one God. We both have the same God. Trust me on this! JR
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8663 Posts

Profile of harris
Shema

Be still and know that I am God.

Be still

Be
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1648 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Yes indeed, Harris! Well said. "Peace, be still, and know that I am God." JR
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8663 Posts

Profile of harris
Actually. The first word is.

Listen.

Something both God and my beloved wife are helping me.
Love brother Harris
Aka zvi arey (my name in Hebrew)
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » The Spiritual Stage » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (79 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.34 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL