The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » The Spiritual Stage » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (79 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2014-02-14 08:55, Terry Holley wrote:

Did you get that from Hank Lee and his Magic Factory before he closed up?

No, it's real and legit. Well as legit as an online Ordination mill can be. I obtained it from here http://www.themonastery.org/ the same place Conan O'Brian got his.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Quote:

Not true, I am also an ordained minister and have commented on this thread

wrong again, I am also an ordained pastor...but guess you are getting used to that LOL
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2014-02-14 12:29, randyburtis wrote:
Quote:

wrong again, I am also an ordained pastor...but guess you are getting used to that LOL

Gosh, if you had actually read the entire post which said.

Quote:
On 2014-02-14 03:32, Payne wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-02-13 23:19, repeater wrote:
So what if it is? He is after all the only ordained minister on this thread and as such is perfectly entitled to preach his own version of the gospel. And he is actually more spiritual that you think he is. Roger will confirm that.

You would have seen that I was responding to Mr. Lewis' (posting as repeater) comment and not proclaiming that I was the only ordained minister on this thread.

But then you knew that Smile

Isn't there some sort of commandment about bearing false witness?
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
I had supposed Randy was pointing out to Repeater that he was doubly wrong as you're both ordained ministers.
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1648 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
[quote]On 2014-02-14 10:36, magicgeorge wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-02-13 22:21, Jolly Roger wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-02-13 22:18, magicgeorge wrote:
Hello George,

Thank you for your interest. My plan is to have it published in hard-back, and angels are certainly covered in the book. I am a huge fan of angels and spirit-guides! JR

Thanks Roger. I look forward to it. I'm a big fan of angels too! I also love dragons, will they get a mention?

G

I have a feeling dragons do get a mention somewhere, George, but I will have to re-read my own book!!! I also love Dragons. They are a symbol of power. When I was in China a few years ago, I bought masses of outfits with Dragons embroidered on them!!

Happy Valentine's day everyone. Lets spread the LOVE!!!!! Smile JR
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Payne. I was responding to repeater...
Randy Burtis
www.calgarymagician.com
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1789 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Quote:
On 2014-02-14 15:18, randyburtis wrote:
Payne. I was responding to repeater...

But you quoted Mark Lewis, not Payne, so that was the confusion!

Payne, your ordination from the The Monastery reminds me of the following story:

A man wanted to become a monk so he went to the monastery and talked to the head monk. The head monk said, "You must take a vow of silence and can only say two words every five years."

So the man agrees, joins the monastery, takes the vow of silence and becomes a monk. He's silent for five years, and then he goes to the head monk. The head monk congratulates him on his acheivement, and offers a chance to say two words.

The monk utters, "Bed hard."

Five more years pass. Finally the monk sees the head monk again. He is allowed two more words after these ten years. "Food bad."

Five years later, the monk is allowed to speak two more words after a total of fifteen years. His words: "I quit."

"Well," the head monk replied, "I am not surprised. You have done nothing but complain ever since you got here!"
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Terry. I see where the confusion was as I cut the wrong quote tags. however within the flow of the last few posts the context made it it clearer who the comment was directed. either way it is clear now and in this thread it should be clear to any follower of jesus where JR and his books beliefs are at and give a clear discerning answer whether. they should get it or not
Randy Burtis
www.calgarymagician.com
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1789 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
I see from his missing profile that Mark Lewis must have been removed from the Café. Probably not the first time! Probably not the last, either!
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1648 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On 2014-02-14 17:18, randyburtis wrote:
Terry. I see where the confusion was as I cut the wrong quote tags. however within the flow of the last few posts the context made it it clearer who the comment was directed. either way it is clear now and in this thread it should be clear to any follower of jesus where JR and his books beliefs are at and give a clear discerning answer whether. they should get it or not

Sorry to be yet again slightly unclear on the drift of your post, Randy! What I will say is that I am not telling anyone they "should" get my book. I actually talk about the word "should" being a negative word in my book. It is like I am not a fan of telling people they should see such and such a movie, or that they really should dress a certain way. If you feel you would like to read my book, then that is your choice. It is like I would never dream of telling Payne he "should" believe in God! Life is all about choices. JR
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8663 Posts

Profile of harris
Counselors used to joke in treatment facilities. The slightly "naughty" , Watch out for "Shoulding" on others or yourself.

Father forgive him, he knows what he writes and does so anyway, said Nigel the puppet that rocks and prays.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Advertising and promoting is a subtle way, or even perhaps another way of saying, "should" without actually using the word. Either way advertising in this section of the forum has always been disallowed. Many good men have come and gone trying to peddle their wares only to have the thread deleted. Some have been told to remove advertising from their signature.

Every blue moon someone receives special treatment, and are exempt from such rules. Not quite sure what exactly gets someone exempted from the rules that other good standing members are expected to follow, nor is it any of my business. I have seen and been told how expensive it is to advertise banners on the Café so it's understandable why some would not choose that root, and why some others choose other alternatives instead of money to advertise on the Café.

However, it has sparked a lively debate and has bright to light that your book has nothing to do with Christianity, nor Gospel magic. It does show how determined you are to promote your book to the masses, long before it is even released. Good on you for your marketing and promotional abilities.
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8663 Posts

Profile of harris
Anyone read Og Mandino's Greatest salesman

Great book on lost scrolls on how to be a great sales person, that according to this work of fiction went to the Apostle Paul.
Not Biblical and a book I read a long time ago. Back when he had hair and a more open mind in his reading, said Nigel.
If you are too open minded Harris, things tend to fall out, said Nigel the puppet that rocks and prays.

Harris
Still too old to know it all
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1648 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On 2014-02-14 19:54, Danny Kazam wrote:
Advertising and promoting is a subtle way, or even perhaps another way of saying, "should" without actually using the word. Either way advertising in this section of the forum has always been disallowed. Many good men have come and gone trying to peddle their wares only to have the thread deleted. Some have been told to remove advertising from their signature.

Every blue moon someone receives special treatment, and are exempt from such rules. Not quite sure what exactly gets someone exempted from the rules that other good standing members are expected to follow, nor is it any of my business. I have seen and been told how expensive it is to advertise banners on the Café so it's understandable why some would not choose that root, and why some others choose other alternatives instead of money to advertise on the Café.

However, it has sparked a lively debate and has bright to light that your book has nothing to do with Christianity, nor Gospel magic. It does show how determined you are to promote your book to the masses, long before it is even released. Good on you for your marketing and promotional abilities.

Hello Danny.........you are free to think whatever you like, my friend!!! In my opinion, you are wrong on nearly every count in the statement you have just made, but I certainly am not going to get into a debate about the validity of this thread!!! Judging by the pm's and emails I have been receiving, it seems that this thread is rather popular. You are a good man, and I wish you luck in your quest for the truth. Blessings! JR
kimmo
View Profile
Inner circle
Sheffield
1193 Posts

Profile of kimmo
Roger, what are your views on reincarnation - and is the subject covered in your book?
VISIT MY ONLINE STORE!: www.kimmomagicshop.com
NEW LECTURE NOTES - SHOW US YOUR TRIX NOW AVAILABLE AS AN INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOAD!

Kimmo DVD available Now!
Watch the promo here!
Order your copy NOW! CLICK HERE!

ENTERTAINER,MAGICIAN AND VENTRILOQUIST'S BLOG - DON'T READ THIS...
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
You say I am free to think whatever I want, then call me friend as you tell me I am wrong on every account. I would expect more from someone who keeps referring to me as friend. A friend would have enough respect for the other person to try and correct their error. Why allow me to live in ignorance of the truth?

To me the word, "friend" can be used so loosely that it loses it's true worth. Sort of like the word "hero" and especially how some view what their personal belief of God is. Some people think from the wrong part of their body and miss the mark by about 18 inches.

Although I do wish you all the best, and have respect for you as a fellow children's entertainer, I must stop shy of calling you a friend. This does not me I consider you an enemy, it just means that our relationship has not transpired to anything more than acquaintances. I have never met you before, nor ever conversed with you before until this thread, and we both have admitted that we do not see eye to eye on this matter.

This doesn't mean we can't be friends either. Perhaps we will have that opportunity in the future. Smile Peace!
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1648 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On 2014-02-14 20:28, kimmo wrote:
Roger, what are your views on reincarnation - and is the subject covered in your book?

Hello John,

Yes..........I do indeed believe in reincarnation, and the subject is covered in some detail in my book. My late father was an Anglican minister, and also believed in reincarnation. He actually wrote a book called "The Pre-Existence and Transmigration of Souls...doctrines embedded in the Christian tradition" by Patrick Blakiston. You can Google it. He references many passages from the Bible that touch on reincarnation. "Some say I am Elijah, or one of the prophets....but who do ye say that I am?"
JR
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1648 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On 2014-02-14 21:06, Danny Kazam wrote:
You say I am free to think whatever I want, then call me friend as you tell me I am wrong on every account. I would expect more from someone who keeps referring to me as friend. A friend would have enough respect for the other person to try and correct their error. Why allow me to live in ignorance of the truth?

To me the word, "friend" can be used so loosely that it loses it's true worth. Sort of like the word "hero" and especially how some view what their personal belief of God is. Some people think from the wrong part of their body and miss the mark by about 18 inches.

Although I do wish you all the best, and have respect for you as a fellow children's entertainer, I must stop shy of calling you a friend. This does not me I consider you an enemy, it just means that our relationship has not transpired to anything more than acquaintances. I have never met you before, nor ever conversed with you before until this thread, and we both have admitted that we do not see eye to eye on this matter.

This doesn't mean we can't be friends either. Perhaps we will have that opportunity in the future. Smile Peace!

Hopefully, we will indeed meet one day, Danny. I am sure we will get along famously! I actually cannot think of anyone on the planet that I don't get along with, so I consider everyone to be my friend, regardless of their beliefs!!! Trust me, I never meant to in any way upset you by calling you my friend!!! JR
guyactor
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of guyactor
JR. I will pray for you on your journey. Only seeds can be planted here, but I have to stand for truth of His word. "It is appointed for man to die once, then judgement".

You preach another gospel.

Barry
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1779 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
"Some say I am Elijah, or one of the prophets....but who do ye say that I am?"

Roger, Matthew 14-16:15 is not even a remote reference to reincarnation. PLease review the verse in context.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » The Spiritual Stage » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (79 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.29 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL