The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » The Spiritual Stage » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (79 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9
kimmo
View Profile
Inner circle
Sheffield
1193 Posts

Profile of kimmo
Aren't heaven and reincarnation pretty much mutually exclusive? Or do we get reincarnated several times before our soul reaches heaven? Roger, what do you think? I believe Roger also believes in ghosts. Where do they fit in? This is all terribly interesting.
VISIT MY ONLINE STORE!: www.kimmomagicshop.com
NEW LECTURE NOTES - SHOW US YOUR TRIX NOW AVAILABLE AS AN INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOAD!

Kimmo DVD available Now!
Watch the promo here!
Order your copy NOW! CLICK HERE!

ENTERTAINER,MAGICIAN AND VENTRILOQUIST'S BLOG - DON'T READ THIS...
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
I don't think this un Christian, nor non gospel magic topic is appropriate for this this forum. The fact that this continual promoting and advertising has gone on this far shows the inconsistency of the rules inforced here on the Café. There is supposed to be a proper place to advertise up and coming releases here on the Café.

JR, can't blame you for taking every opportunity given to you to promote your new book, but at the end of the day, that is what you are doing. You are promoting your book, and I get it. I am all for clever marketing, but the difference between us is the God we serve. I have used scripture to disprove many of your claims about God of Abraham, and Jesus Christ, Son of God. Your beliefs contradict scriptures. Therefore your attempt to align yourself with the Christian body falls short on seval points already established.

The reality is, this conversation has established enough discussion to fill 6 pages, and I am sure it will garnish more before people become bored and move on to more constructive conversations. Kudo's to you for that.

I have always said things on here the same way I would say things in person. I shoot from the hip, and as honest as I can be, even though it has got me banned from the Café on a few occassions. Not bothered by it, I choose not to conform, but continue to speak my mind as honestly and unregretfully. Not to be a jerk, but to be real with myself and with others. That means, if I am wrong, I am willing to admit it. If I am way out of line, I am willing to apologize. I never mean offense, but I have learned that the truth is always offensive.

There is no question that you came on this forum to promote your book, to advertise it, and to create a conversation about it. Once again, kudo's to you, you have done just that. You have created a false sense of reality to the popularity of your up coming book release to create an interrest in your upcoming book release. In the process, you have brought some of your acquaintances over to this forum who would of never have come over to this forum, and it brings a great opportunity for the true Gospel be preached.

I have faith in believing God will use this forum to reach many sinners who have never heard the real message of Christ. I encourage other Gospel magicians who consider themselves to be in ministry to use this forum to prostelize biblical truths as they claim to be called to do so. If God called you to preach, then there is an open opportunity to do so, why not grasp it?

Here is the opportunity to not only shine for Christ, but to minister. Share your testimony, share your reason for believing. Give God the glory!
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8663 Posts

Profile of harris
Giving testimony is great. With over 3000 views this thread has spread a lot of good.

God plants seeds in a lot of ways.

My path was a rocky one, from Jewish roots of bagels and being the youngest reciting the 4. Questions .. To Orthodox grandparents. .. To Synagogue on only Holy Days(like undefined spirituality to reborn in Christ bible based religion and spirituality.

God can even use a talking donkey. JR and others, in no way am I connecting you to the last sentence. As some have written or thought , you recognize my brain takes a few unusual turns.

Just saying God used many people. Some called like Moses were hesitant and went whooooooa before doing God's will.

Cor:10-23.

Happy Sunday or whenever you read this.

Part of a Valentine series we are doing included the traditional reading of Corinthian 13.

forgiveness is Devine said The Lord,said Nigel the puppet that rocks and prays

Spare the rod and hate the puppet, said Harris.
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1789 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Quote:
On 2014-02-13 14:44, Jolly Roger wrote:
....I do have a question for those of you who do gospel shows....Do you think that doing gospel shows that focus on the way you lead your life as a good, kind, loving soul would be what Jesus would want, without talking about judgement, attonement, heaven and hell, and possibly putting an unwarrented fear into the minds of little children? JR

I believe JR brought up a good question here that none who perform Gospel Magic have answered yet. Is anyone willing to share his/her thoughts on this quaetion? What does your Gospel Magic presentation consist of?

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2257 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Quote:
On 2014-02-16 07:58, Terry Holley wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-02-13 14:44, Jolly Roger wrote:
....I do have a question for those of you who do gospel shows....Do you think that doing gospel shows that focus on the way you lead your life as a good, kind, loving soul would be what Jesus would want, without talking about judgement, attonement, heaven and hell, and possibly putting an unwarrented fear into the minds of little children? JR

I believe JR brought up a good question here that none who perform Gospel Magic have answered yet. Is anyone willing to share his/her thoughts on this quaetion? What does your Gospel Magic presentation consist of?

Terry
My Gospel show features….the Gospel! All of it. Living life as a good, kind, loving soul (What would Jesus do?) AND judgment, heaven and hell. Its not my call, its God’s.
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8663 Posts

Profile of harris
My show us an extension of my testimony.
Good works does not give us grace and entrance to heaven. It was used and is used by God.
Abrahams actions. Shower belief. Noah's did to.

Some have the faith and do the work. Some do the work and get the faith.

Some remind us of our own journey.

Counting in my blessings my brothers and sisters in Christ

Love brother Harris aka Zvi Arey. Aka
Dr. Laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
I stress God"s love and that love is so amazing because it loves even while I was a sinner. I speak of sin needing payment.Actions have consequences. We don't want to scare peiple into tge kingdom but Jesus is the savior so folks need to know they need saving from their sin. The gospel is about a saving relationship with God and then the living it out. So my gospel show can discuss not just the how and why of needing jesus but also topics of living under his Lordship.
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
Slough Illusions
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma
53 Posts

Profile of Slough Illusions
I had a few minutes in between a bible study and typed this up for you guys...so excuse the grammar and focus on whats being said:

I think Ephesians chapter 4 answers this topic beautifully...

Eph 4:1-7 says:
I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, 2 with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, 3 eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4 There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call—5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all. 7 But grace was given to each one of us according to the measure of Christ's gift.

WHAT THIS MEANS TO US
We are to walk like Jesus walked teach Gods truth with humility. For the Christian who is presenting the gospel not matter what method they use to present it should teach that their is ONE God ONE Spirit and ONE hope that works in us...Not multiple ways to salvation

Eph 4:11-14
And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers, 12 to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, 13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood,5 to the measure of the stature ofthe fullness of Christ, 14 so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes. 15 Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ,

WHAT THIS MEANS TO US:
Christ is the head of the church and each of us have our gifts and talents that we use to build up the body of Christ. We are to speak the truth of what Christ did for us in love. The balance is in love....If you omit truth or love you will get it wrong... If you just speak the truth without love you come across as arrogant. If you take truth out and just speak in love you become so mushy that you therefor stand for nothing. There needs to be a balance of truth and love! Everyone wants to omit truth and just pass love and tolerance. Jesus was loving but he also spoke the truth in love! When the woman at the well was caught in adultry he said: "go and sin no more" That wasn't nice!... he said she sinned!...but it was the truth and he showed it in love by telling everyone whoever hasn't sinned cast the first stone.

Scripture tells us this:
Eph 4:17-24:
Now this I say and testify in the Lord, that you must no longer walk as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their minds. 18 They are darkened in their understanding, alienated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, due to their hardness of heart. 19 They have become callous and have given themselves up to sensuality, greedy to practice every kind of impurity. 20 But that is not the way you learned Christ!—21 assuming that you have heard about him and were taught in him, as the truth is in Jesus, 22 to put off your old self,6 which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful desires, 23 and to be renewed in the spirit of your minds, 24 and to put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness.

WHAT THIS MEANS FOR US:
A relationship with Jesus Christ changes you! vs22 says we are to putting off old self and putting on new and let the spirit that God has in you change your life to be more like what God has called us to be which is holy. That's why I present the Gospel to a dying world because salvation is through Jesus Christ and if you let him control your life...he can change you! You can be a new creation through what he did on the cross for our sins!

The gospel can simply be described like this:

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he sent his only son that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life

Romans 1:16-17
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith,5 as it is written, “The righteous shall live by faith.”

I am not ashamed of the gospel even if it offends some because its not tolerant we are saved by only one way through faith in what Jesus did for us...his sacrifice on the cross...is the power of God to bring salvation.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8663 Posts

Profile of harris
Good words and message. As in prayer of Assisi. Where there is darkness Light. Where there is. ____, Truth. ______, ____

Love brother Harris
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
Bryan Drake Show
View Profile
Regular user
Alabama
125 Posts

Profile of Bryan Drake Show
Wow not to propagate this book any further, but you can't pull reincarnation out of the Bible with any serious exegesis or hermeneutic. That's some postmodern deconstructionism at its worst.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2014-02-18 12:32, Bryan Drake Show wrote:
Wow not to propagate this book any further, but you can't pull reincarnation out of the Bible with any serious exegesis or hermeneutic. That's some postmodern deconstructionism at its worst.

Regardless there were many early Christian followers that believed in reincarnaton.

http://www.adishakti.org/_/reincarnation......nity.htm

http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/l......cnum=198

But to be fair these sects existed before the Bible as we now know it came into being.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1779 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
"But to be fair these sects existed before the Bible as we now know it came into being."
The original manuscripts are dated 45-95 AD. Yes there were many followers but no where in scripture is reincarnation supported.
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1779 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
Wow Brian I didn't plan on getting a vocabulary lesson tonite, but you are 100% correct.
Bryan Drake Show
View Profile
Regular user
Alabama
125 Posts

Profile of Bryan Drake Show
Ha ha didn't realize til just now how ridiculously wordy that was lol.

The reincarnation reference in Augustine is tenuous at best. The Bible teaches bodily resurrection, but not reincarnation.

No we don't have the autographs of the New Testament, but because we have over 5,000 manuscripts (more than any other ancient source in history) and the shortest time between writing and extant copy, textual critics are 99% sure of what the original NT manuscripts say. The variants include spelling errors, but nothing at all affecting orthodoxy. Perhaps the number of the beast is 616 instead of 666, but that's hardly Dan Brown earth shattering.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2014-02-18 22:31, Bryan Drake Show wrote:
Ha ha didn't realize til just now how ridiculously wordy that was lol.

The reincarnation reference in Augustine is tenuous at best. The Bible teaches bodily resurrection, but not reincarnation.

No we don't have the autographs of the New Testament, but because we have over 5,000 manuscripts (more than any other ancient source in history) and the shortest time between writing and extant copy, textual critics are 99% sure of what the original NT manuscripts say. The variants include spelling errors, but nothing at all affecting orthodoxy. Perhaps the number of the beast is 616 instead of 666, but that's hardly Dan Brown earth shattering.

True, but there are scores of texts that didn't make the final cut. There were major "doctrinal" differences between the various early sects. Each who had their own "gospels" such as the Gospel of Judas and the Gospel of Mary. The Gnostics sects were those who embraced mysticism and reincarnation. Had they prevailed Christianity today would be quite different than it is currently practiced.
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Elite user
Razorback Country
499 Posts

Profile of Stephon Johnson
But in GOD's sovereign providence...the correct texts prevailed. Praise God that He is powerful enough to breathe His word into men to be written, then preserve it through the ages to reveal Himself; while relegating the counterfeits and false gospels to historical obscurity! That's an awesome God!
WHAT IF you wake up tomorrow with ONLY the things that you THANK GOD for today?
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2014-02-19 00:55, Stephon Johnson wrote:
But in GOD's sovereign providence...the correct texts prevailed. Praise God that He is powerful enough to breathe His word into men to be written, then preserve it through the ages to reveal Himself; while relegating the counterfeits and false gospels to historical obscurity! That's an awesome God!

That's one way of looking at it Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » The Spiritual Stage » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (79 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL