The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Seattle and Denver to Super Bowl (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2014-01-21 22:36, mastermindreader wrote:
But that's not what the article is really about, Bill. I don't think you'll agree with it, but it does offer a different perspective on the whole thing.

I agree that Sherman shouldn't be judged by a single comment made at the end of a playoff game. Interestingly, I didn't base my original comment on based on that interview; I hadn't seen it at that point. I did base it on his swatting Crabtree (before Crabtree hit him back), and on his choke. The comments after the game just add more evidence.

You're correct that I don't agree with much in that article (not a surprise, given that you're a master mind reader); in particular, I disagree that if Sherman were playing for "my" team, I'd have given him a pass. As I wrote: I was rooting for the Seahawks, and I'm glad that they won. In that sense, he was playing for my team, and he doesn't get a pass.

Quote:
But I have to wonder about the FOX Sports reporter. Just minutes after the dramatic end of the game, after Sherman got slapped in the helmet by Crabtree and then gave him the "choke" sign, he jumps up into the stands and then back down on the field, pumped to the limit with adrenaline- and the reporter shoves a microphone in his face. Do you think maybe it might have been a good idea to wait a few minutes?

I mean, what did she expect?

If you think that she expected anything in particular, you're probably giving her too much credit. Reporters (especially sports reporters) often appear not to engage in anything remotely resembling thought before they start talking.

Quote:
(Did you ever listen to Ali right after a knockout when Cosell would shove a mic into his face? Of course, Cosell KNEW what kind of reaction he'd get. And it was exactly the one he wanted.)

I've never been much of a boxing fan, so I can't say that I ever did. But I can imagine what Ali had to say, and, clearly, Cosell would have known as well.

Quote:
Football is not, nor has it ever been, a gentlemen's game.

You're spot on, but some gentlemen have played it, and well.

Quote:
The only one whose behavior I would condemn was the Seattle "fan" who threw popcorn at the seriously injured 49er as he was being taken off the field. And Sherman was quick to condemn that as well, saying it wasn't representative of the 12th man and was disgraceful.

That was reprehensible, and, likely, criminal. I wouldn't shed a tear if that "fan" were slapped with a battery charge. And good for Sherman's condemnation of it.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
At the very minimum that "fan" should be banned from attending any future Seahawks home games.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8745 Posts

Profile of harris
Hmmm

a Marijuana AND a Velveta Cheese Shortage!

Coincidence...or the munchies?

Harris
MACSAPP
Addiction Treatment & Prevention Counselor
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

The Velveeta shortage is a HOAX! (Although most cheese lovers probably wish it was real.) But since Washington and Colorado marijuana laws don't apply in New Jersey, I don't think there will be a noticeable effect on the Super Bowl beyond the usual toking that took place in the stairwells at halftime in the old Giants Statium and now at MetLife.

(When I was a Giants season ticket holder I quickly discovered that it was easy to get high just by standing in the stairwells and breathing.)
Ba Ba Booey
View Profile
Special user
In Denver, I have no less than
537 Posts

Profile of Ba Ba Booey
One more day to go.

Go Seahawks!
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1787 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
My prediction: Seahawks win!
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1787 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Jack Russell predicts Seattle to win on Tonight Show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZSRQ3huJME
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

A clean and incontestable blow-out win for Seattle. Unfortunately, it wasn't the great game I was expecting. The games against the 49ers and Saints were far more exciting.

After all the talk about Denver's number one offense, I've got to say that Seattle's offense clearly owned Denver's defense. I was surprised that Russell Wilson didn't get the MVP.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
I think we were all looking for a better game. Things went bad for Denver from that first snap.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Ba Ba Booey
View Profile
Special user
In Denver, I have no less than
537 Posts

Profile of Ba Ba Booey
As a Seattle fan, this was the best Superbowl ever. Having said that, I like close games when I don't care who wins, but I am glad that Seattle handled the Broncos so well. I was a little disappointed that it wasn't a shutout, but you can't have everything.

Go Hawks!
longhaired1
View Profile
Veteran user
Salida
316 Posts

Profile of longhaired1
As a Coloradan non-football fan the results were exactly as I would have wanted. The obnoxious local fan syndrome will be contained to the north for a while.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Actually, it's just a big friendly party in Seattle right now.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4570 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2014-02-03 11:04, mastermindreader wrote:
Actually, it's just a big friendly party in Seattle right now.

Except for all the fires, rioting, vandalism and hooliganism that went on into the wee hours last night
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4570 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2014-02-03 00:14, Bob1Dog wrote:
I think we were all looking for a better game. Things went bad for Denver from that first snap.

It's already being dubbed "Worst Supoerbowl ever"

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/14-random-rea......wl-ever/

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2014/......that-is/

http://www.nj.com/super-bowl/index.ssf/2......ver.html
satellite23
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of satellite23
Malcolm Smith...linebacker winning the MVP? Honestly, he it was well-deserved and I was thinking that he was gonna win it even before that was announced.

But did you see his MVP postgame interview? 9/11 Truther...
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4570 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2014-02-03 14:10, satellite23 wrote:

But did you see his MVP postgame interview? 9/11 Truther...

He's probably taken too many hits to his helmet Smile

Besides. the award I suppose is given out for his athletic ability. Not his connection to reality.
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On 2014-02-03 15:05, Payne wrote:

Besides. the award I suppose is given out for his athletic ability. Not his connection to reality.

Malcom Smith didn't make any comments about 9/11. Some random guy hopped up, grabbed the mike from him, and started ranting about 9/11.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4570 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2014-02-03 15:17, Marlin1894 wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-02-03 15:05, Payne wrote:

Malcom Smith didn't make any comments about 9/11. Some random guy hopped up, grabbed the mike from him, and started ranting about 9/11.

I was just going by what the previous post implied. I didn't see the interview as I didn't watch the game.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1787 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Note to self: Don't comment about things you know nothing about.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Seattle and Denver to Super Bowl (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL