The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » 21st Century Prediction ***NEW APP*** (26 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..12~13~14 [Next]
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5945 Posts

Profile of george1953
Still no Android version ?
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Andrew Sway
View Profile
Loyal user
-------
221 Posts

Profile of Andrew Sway
Yes Android would be nice
magic1178
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of magic1178
Great App!

Just a question,

Is there a way to put in the senders email,

Get to the HOT screen,cancel out of the APP

And then get back in to the APP,at the HOT screen?
Thanks
Derek Johnston
Phil J.
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of Phil J.
Try this. Send the email, let the hot screen load then shut down the APP. Now, re-start the APP and click validate. Select the last email you sent from the list (should be the top one). The hot screen will now re-load and you can then input the info as usual.
You were born original... Don't die a copy Smile
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2492 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Have been getting an increasing amount of email on the next update so thought I'd provide a general update here.

The next version is coming along nicely and is a couple more weeks away from being submitted to Apple. We're just finishing the iOS 8 fixes now. Due to the nature of this app, the iOS 8 changes forced fairly substantial changes to certain areas in the code, but there doesn't appear to be anything that will prevent us from hitting our schedule. But of course that can change.

In any event, just wanted to let you know what to expect in the new version. I'll skip over the minor bug fixes and small enhancements and get to the good stuff (if you don't own this app, most of this will make no sense):

• iOS 8 support... obviously.
  • Changed the email input screen to look like a regular email screen. That way, it's easier to hand the spectator the phone so they can enter their own email if you so choose. If not, it still looks more natural when they see you typing their email into the email screen.
  • The image is automatically saved to your photo roll so in the event that technological calamity strikes (not being able to reach the web server, for example) you can still have them open your photo gallery and see that the image is exactly as predicted
  • Made attachments optional. You can also specify an image to use as an attachment. One idea is to use a small white rectangle as the image so it appears 'invisible'. Another idea is to add a second static photo with forced (psychological or otherwise) outcomes. A third option is to use a 'business card image' to make it easier for them to get in touch with you.
  • Option to view the text as you write it. This will make it easier for some to get more consistent writing. You can also control the opacity of this text.
  • Text color of the prediction is completely editable now so you can ensure that it looks just right for your prediction image
  • CUSTOM SMTP! For the tech-savvy among you there is an option to use your own smtp server to send the email. Not necessary, but a very nice feature for those that want it.
  • Added a customizable 'softening' feature that allows the writing to blend even better into the final image

Very excited about this next release and hope you will be, too. Again, our timetable is to have this released to Apple within the next couple of weeks and then once accepted will be available on the App Store. For those that have shown interest in the app, my thanks. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Will update this thread again when the app is available for download.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Look forward to it. This is a very nice effect.
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1575 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Wow!! Just bought this and this is great! What an awesome app.

Patrick
Revel Rob
View Profile
New user
Toronto
50 Posts

Profile of Revel Rob
Quote:
Added a customizable 'softening' feature that allows the writing to blend even better into the final image

This.

No matter who I perform this for, they always see that the prediction wasn't written with a pen/pencil and point out that it's pixellated.
I've been getting around this by having the picture be of me holding my iPad up with the iForce Doodle screen open. That way, the pixellated prediction is warranted since it shows up on the iPad screen.
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2492 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
All of this has been smoothed out and softened. Along with a fully customizable RGB color palette it shouldn't be an issue regardless of how high (or low) res your initial photos are.

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1115 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2014, Revel Rob wrote:
Quote:
Added a customizable 'softening' feature that allows the writing to blend even better into the final image

This.

No matter who I perform this for, they always see that the prediction wasn't written with a pen/pencil and point out that it's pixellated.
I've been getting around this by having the picture be of me holding my iPad up with the iForce Doodle screen open. That way, the pixellated prediction is warranted since it shows up on the iPad screen.

THAT IS BRILLIANT!
Phil J.
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of Phil J.
When are we likely to see the update. Seems to have taken an age (I know, the best things come to he who waits!!)
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2492 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
I certainly apologize for the delay in getting this version out. We were almost finished with all the features when iOS 8 dropped and we had to make quite a few changes to keep it working correctly, then we had to finalize the features, do all of the regression testing and finally get it submitted to Apple.

As of right now, we're hoping to have this submitted to Apple within the next week and from there the approval process should be fairly quick. Historically, for us, it's never taken more than 2 days for approval.

So again, to all those who are waiting, my apologies, but it shouldn't be long now.

And Dynamix, you're right, Revel Rob's idea is excellent.

Phatmeat
View Profile
Elite user
Germantown, Maryland
485 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
Hi Steven,

I recently switched from an iPhone 4 to an iPhone 6. A problem I encountered is that I could no longer use this app because I couldn't bypass the fake lock screen pictured here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2343......20AM.png

Pressing the blank box at the bottom left corner of the screen no longer does anything. This problem must have been introduced with the release of iOS 8 because I noticed that I am having the exact same issue with the fake lock screen on iPredict+ as well: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2343......20AM.png

In the meantime my workaround was to delete the app and reinstall it. Thankfully I can continue using the app as long as I don't enable the fake lock screen again. Hopefully you're already aware of this issue and it will be addressed in the next update.

Thank you for your continued support on this amazing app, it's been serving me well! Smile
jcss
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of jcss
Desiring to update ... the wait is still long.
Regards
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2492 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
App has been submitted to Apple and we are waiting for the green light.

ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
This is looking more and more amazing. Great job!

Steven, any updates on the Android version?
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2492 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
As soon as we get this version approved by Apple we're going back to work on the Android version. No timetable yet because we don't know exactly how much work will be involved in getting these apps cross-platform compatible but I don't anticipate any major setbacks. A wild and best guess would be summer '15. If the wheels fall off and nothing works right it could be as long as 12 months but I'm optimistic it will be substantially sooner than that.

jcss
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of jcss
Today the application is not working.
Am I the only does that?
Regards
Phil J.
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of Phil J.
Quote:
On Dec 26, 2014, jcss wrote:
Today the application is not working.
Am I the only does that?
Regards

Just tried mine and it's working fine.

What's taking Apple so long? Smile
jcss
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of jcss
Therefore I do not me is working. I use iPhone 6 and Istock help from an iPhone 4 and also an ipad ios 8. It does not work. Get a message that says (upload failed). Any help?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » 21st Century Prediction ***NEW APP*** (26 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..12~13~14 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL