The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » 21st Century Prediction ***NEW APP*** (26 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..12~13~14 [Next]
ursmagicbalu
View Profile
Special user
Tamil Nadu, India
814 Posts

Profile of ursmagicbalu
Android please
“It’s not what you do that matters, or even how you do it;
it’s what the spectators perceive you as doing that matters.
That’s the MAGIC they’ll remember.”
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Any news on the fix?
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2494 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Still working it. Shouldn't be long, though. Again, apologies all around. The app has been out since October and we haven't had a problem until last week.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
James Mattox
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of James Mattox
Is this different than my app email wizard? Where did you get the idea for yours?
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Yes for Android! Smile
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1011 Posts

Profile of rasp
James..... yes it is different from yours.
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2494 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Server is back up. It might go down and up intermittently over the next few days as we continue stabilizing it, but as of now have at it. Still have a couple more weeks work on the next update but things are looking good there as well. Design work on the Android version is just about done and coding will commence right after that. Very excited about the cross-platform capabilities.

Hello, James. Yes, 21st Century Prediction is different from Email Wizard. The initial idea was germinated after reading the first pillar in Tony Corrinda's "13 Steps to Mentalism." There are a couple of other pillars in there that would make terrific apps and I'm in the early design phase on a couple more.

More videos should be going up in the next couple of weeks to further showcase the app and provide some additional presentational possibilities. In fact, I was thinking about working my way through the first pillar of 13 Steps and doing a video performance of each effect in the book.

Thanks again everyone for bearing with these early problems. Your patience is very much appreciated. And it goes without saying, if anyone feels like this isn't a worthwhile app or if these early stability issues have created any negative feelings, I'll be more than happy to refund anyone no questions asked.

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
GordonTheHypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
Don't Read This Sign
496 Posts

Profile of GordonTheHypnotist
My question is I have an Ipad but I have android phone. Which app should I get? Should I go ahead and get it for Ipad or should I wait for the android? I understand the "assistant" will be able to work across platforms but what is will be the better initial app to get or will it matter?
Gullibility is an attractive quality in people
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On 2014-01-28 11:01, James Mattox wrote:
Is this different than my app email wizard? Where did you get the idea for yours?

James, you gave the mentalism community a great effect that people loved. But then you took it away and sold it to a rich performer for his sole use. You offered a refund which was good but It's not surprising that the gap has been filled.
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I was thinking along the same lines as Sean.

I was a big fan of E mail Wizard.
I supported the decision of the creator to remove it from the marketplace.
Even when others were giving him a hard time over it.

I didn't even take up the refund offered as I was quite happy to pay for the use I'd got out of the app.

But I think it a step too far for the creator to start questioning other apps that may or may not bear some similarity to E mail wizard.

Once the creator jumped ship, he forfeited the right to get precious about this. IMHO.

Steve
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2494 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
James and I have initiated a dialogue off-line. Hopefully, we can get through this with a minimum of fuss and get back to real performing. Thanks again... everyone.

rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1011 Posts

Profile of rasp
Stephen Young nailed it with his post!
GordonTheHypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
Don't Read This Sign
496 Posts

Quote:
On 2014-01-29 17:02, Steven Keyl wrote:
James and I have initiated a dialogue off-line. Hopefully, we can get through this with a minimum of fuss and get back to real performing. Thanks again... everyone.

Yeah the thread got a little sidetracked but I would still like an answer to my question.

I am going to try and clarify it a bit...

I have both an older Android Phone and an I pad. I know that some apps are designated to work better with a phone and not a tablet.

So my question is should I get this now for the Ipad or should I wait for the Android version?

I understand that once the android version is up and operational then your assistant can have either kind of device.

But does the "initial email" have to be sent from the device with the actual app installed?

Here is the scenario I am hoping for: I buy the app for my Ipad and I use my phone as the assistant. Since I do not always carry my Ipad I would like to be able to send an email from my phone and use either that phone or another assistant/confederate as the phone to secretly insert the information.

Or do I wait until this is available for android because I would get more use out of it because my phone goes everywhere with me?

Please PM me if necessary.

--Gordon
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2494 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Gordon, yes, the initial email must be sent from the device with the actual app installed, the confederate cannot send the email. If you buy the app for iPhone you will be able to install both the main app (and the confederate app) on both your iPhone and iPad without requiring two separate purchases. Using the iPad as the email sending device is fine but a quick cautionary note. We didn't do much testing on iPads but we did notice that the secret writing feature doesn't work properly when you use the iPad 2x zoom feature. Using it as a sending device, though, poses no problem.

However, if your day-to-day device is your Android phone then I'd opt to wait for that version since the goal is to be able to perform "anytime, anywhere".

GordonTheHypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
Don't Read This Sign
496 Posts

Thank you it is what I figured but wanted to be sure.
Michael Clifton
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of Michael Clifton
Downloaded this app today...but prediction shows error when loaded attachment?? Is the server down still??
Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right!
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2494 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
The server is not down. Everything appears to be working fine. Make sure you upload the prediction image before you check the email. If you do it out of order you'll get an 'image not found' message.

Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2494 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Version 1.1 is approved and is available for update on the App Store. Here are the changes:

-Fixed the text clipping issue which would cause some letters to look very slightly shortened
-Changed the color of the predicted text so that it blends in to the picture more naturally instead of "complete black"
-Miscellaneous email fixes
-Various iOS 7 fixes
-Updated screenshots on App Store

Enjoy.

DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1116 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Hi Steven,

Really excited to use this so I downloaded the update. Experiencing several issues though:

Most important - I am not getting the white dot "feedback" which seems to be throwing everything off. The email makes it way to the inbox, but says "no image available."

The new fake springboard now has overwritten, blurrred text where the timestamp and battery indicators/signal indicators are. Not a big deal but noticeable.

Hopefully we can get these things knocked out and continue to use this stellar app!
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2494 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
The white dot is showing up for me in all of my test devices so not sure what is happening there, might it be related to the springboard image you're using? As for no image showing up, I can't reproduce this either. Are you sending the email to a desktop mail client like Outlook? If so, it might be configured to download everything automatically so the initial image is downloaded and not updated when the prediction is sent. Note that this isn't how phone work, they typically wait until you click on a mail item before downloading its contents.

As to the status indicators, we'll switch back to a solid background instead of a transparent one. That's resulting in what you're seeing.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » 21st Century Prediction ***NEW APP*** (26 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..12~13~14 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL