The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » 21st Century Prediction ***NEW APP*** (26 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14 [Next]
Houdiniemals
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Houdiniemals
Anyone? Any idea how to get help?
Phil J.
View Profile
Elite user
467 Posts

Profile of Phil J.
Why not contact the developer stevenkeyl@keylenterprises.com.
You were born original... Don't die a copy Smile
Houdiniemals
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Houdiniemals
Will do so, thank you Phil!
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Just saw this. Quick responses are:

1) We'll add this to the fixes for the next release
2) After running the web services through their paces everything seems to be working. I can see in the server that other people have been using it as well. If the image doesn't appear it can be because the phone that's rendering the email doesn't automatically render the image (not very common). Another possibility is that the place you're sending the email might have firewalls or additional security that may strip out the link. Without more details it will be difficult to track this down. Am more than happy to work with you on this and Phil is right that the email address above is probably the best place to continue this conversation. If you continue to have trouble please send me an email and we can get it resolved.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Houdiniemals
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Houdiniemals
Thank you Steven, will try to gather all info and send you an email! cheers, H
Scott Kahn
View Profile
Special user
Clayton, NC
787 Posts

Profile of Scott Kahn
[quote]On Mar 21, 2015, Robvs wrote:

Also, I'd like to be able to adjust where the print shows up within the photo from my library. I'm finding it challenging to create an acceptable photo beyond the default, as a photo with both my face and a piece of white paper is nearly impossible to create if the text always winds up in the center of the photo.

In other words, I'd like to be able to drag the green box around the frame, and possibly even resize it. I would also like a green box to appear when choosing a photo from the camera roll. [quote]

This is my MAJOR problem with this app. Until this is fixed I will continue to use the default photo.
Scott Kahn, M.D.

KAHNCEPTUAL CARD MAGIC: MORE DECEPTIVE PRACTICES WITH PLAYING CARDS
https://kahnjuring.com/kahnceptual-card-magic/

KAHNJURING: DECEPTIVE PRACTICES WITH PLAYING CARDS
https://kahnjuring.com/kahnjuring/

SWINDLES, SCAMS & KAHNS
https://kahnjuring.com/swindles-scams-kahns/
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
I love the app, minus the aforementioned flaws. I would also like to add that I'd love to see the email screen more closely resemble the real one so that the spectator can type the email address in himself. There's nothing more annoying than trying to run a smooth presentation when your spectator says his address is "rbz underscore z0o0l forward slash blah blah blah @ I can't spell your company.com."

Annoying. Also, the email screen does not react like the typical one too, in terms of what happens when you try to type, try to erase, and what happens when you click send.

I'd like it to appear as though I loaded a pic from my camera roll into an outgoing email. The spectator can see the very top of my head from the attached pic. And then the process appears genuine and reacts genuine as they type their address. Would be really cool if they could click send and then it's completely hands off if working with a confederate. In other words, after they click save maybe the appropriate dummy screen appears.
Josh Clarke
View Profile
New user
Portland, Oregon, USA
68 Posts

Profile of Josh Clarke
Just noticed that the password screen doesn't work with iOS 8.3 on my iPhone 6.
Josh-Clarke.com : Voices is available now!
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Josh, thanks for the info. We're working an update for 8.3 now.

B2B Magazine Test!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Josh Clarke
View Profile
New user
Portland, Oregon, USA
68 Posts

Profile of Josh Clarke
The Notes app in iOS 9 lets you draw on your notes. Perfect for the prediction image ...
PWRIS
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of PWRIS
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2015, Josh Clarke wrote:
Just noticed that the password screen doesn't work with iOS 8.3 on my iPhone 6.

Hi, same problem with iOS 9 on the iPhone 6+. 😕
Paul W. Randall
"Englishman in Germany"
Josh Clarke
View Profile
New user
Portland, Oregon, USA
68 Posts

Profile of Josh Clarke
Is there a code we can put on our website that would show the prediction image?
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
PWRIS, we had fixed this in 8.3 a while back and the developers are currently looking at a fix for iOS 9. I apologize for any inconvenience. Josh, right now, that can only be done as a manual process. I know of at least one performer that sends the prediction to all the phones in the audience. It's blocked very well so there is little to no chance of things going amiss. To achieve this, you would need to send the prediction to an assistant's email who would take the link of the image and update your site. In a closeup setting, without an assistant, it can't be done without scripting a custom solution.

B2B Magazine Test!

PWRIS
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of PWRIS
Hi Steven, Thanks with Apple updating their system every five minutes it must be very frustrating for you guys.
Paul W. Randall
"Englishman in Germany"
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
Would have liked to have seen some suggestions implemented by now. Mainly, I'd like the app to look like and respond like the real mail app once it's launched so that the spectator can type in their own email address.

New suggestion: Create a way to have preselected sentences sent to the person's inbox. Rather than a swami-like function, allow a "grid-like" function of choosing something on the screen to send. This would allow for "free will" type of effects but with genuine predictions being sent after the fact.
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Most of the ideas previously listed have been implemented. The only ones not included are concepts that are too big and would cost too much. Also, not sure what the disconnect is here as I have my specs type their own email address in every time I use the app. Given the ubiquity of mail programs available for every different type of device, I've never had someone say, "This doesn't look exactly like the default mail app that comes with the iPhone!"

It looks like a mail app and no one has ever voiced any skepticism that it is other than what it appears to be.

I love the new suggestions and something else I'd love to do is add picture capability. Photo Prediction is an app that does most of this except for the emailing part. Combining these two ideas together would be a lot of fun to pursue. The biggest problem as always is ROI.

B2B Magazine Test!

Scott Kahn
View Profile
Special user
Clayton, NC
787 Posts

Profile of Scott Kahn
Many have complained that they'd like this app to look like and respond like the real iOS mail app once it's launched so that the spectator can type in their own email address. Here an idea for all of you to try. Begin by launching your iOS mail application. Open a new message and hand the phone to the spectator to type in their email address. When they hand the phone back tell them you are going to send them a brief message with a picture attached but they are not to open it yet. Under this guise, touch their address and then click "select all" then "copy." Close the iOS mail application by pressing the home button and then launch the 21st Century Prediction app. Select "email." Touch and hold the To: box and then select "Paste" to paste their email in. Send. Problem solved.

You're welcome!!!!

Scott Kahn
Scott Kahn, M.D.

KAHNCEPTUAL CARD MAGIC: MORE DECEPTIVE PRACTICES WITH PLAYING CARDS
https://kahnjuring.com/kahnceptual-card-magic/

KAHNJURING: DECEPTIVE PRACTICES WITH PLAYING CARDS
https://kahnjuring.com/kahnjuring/

SWINDLES, SCAMS & KAHNS
https://kahnjuring.com/swindles-scams-kahns/
Sparda
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of Sparda
Any update on an android version?
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
748 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
I tried running this app recently after not using it for a long time and I'm encountering an issue which is preventing me from using it. When I open the app it presents me with a Login screen that required a password. I recall there is no actual password and that in order to bypass this screen you just tap the blank box at the bottom left hand corner of the screen; however, that action no longer seems to do anything -- hence I cannot access the settings/features. I'm using an iPhone 6 running iOS 9.3.5. Is there a solution/workaround for this issue? I can't recall whether or not there's an option to disable the Login screen within the settings and if this feature can be turned off. If I delete and reinstall the app can I continue to use it as normal or will I still encounter this problem?
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Phatmeat, sorry about that issue. For some reason, iOS made a fix that broke that function so yes you can uninstall/reinstall and everything should work fine, but don't turn on the login screen.

B2B Magazine Test!

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » 21st Century Prediction ***NEW APP*** (26 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL