We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » 21st Century Prediction ***NEW APP*** (26 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..12~13~14 [Next]
Phil J.
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of Phil J.
Just tried taking a photo with my iPhone. Set it as my prediction photo and gave it two test runs, neither email arrived. Re-set it to the original photo and it works fine.
You were born original... Don't die a copy Smile
gvinson
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of gvinson
Ya I think there is a software bug in the assistant app regarding the prediction photo and loading it from the camera roll since it happened on both my iPhone and iPad.
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2479 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
We'll get this taken care of in the next maintenance release. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

And per the previous requests, the place to download the original images is:
http://keylmagic.com/files/blanksheet.zip
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
jcss
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of jcss
Yeayyy ...
This sounds great. I have iphone but my girl has android.
No works or not?
jcss
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of jcss
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2014, Stephen Young wrote:
Maybe there's finally something to replace Email Wizard

If so I'm very interested in this.

Hi ...
I'd love to know your opinion 21st as I see, you were User Email wizard.
Best? Worst? Different?
If you have two available that would work?
Thanks
weapon
View Profile
Inner circle
I am Emran. I have,
1329 Posts

Profile of weapon
I love it! very strong!

Im looking forward for the update!
Eternity by Emran Riaz (Gimmicks + Download) An IMPOSSIBLE prediction of ANY number, ANY word, literally ENGRAVED in a medallion they've been holding THE ENTIRE TIME.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/12181
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2479 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Working very hard on the update! It's a-coming. Along those lines, if any current customers want to beta test this new release please shoot me a PM.

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
weapon
View Profile
Inner circle
I am Emran. I have,
1329 Posts

Profile of weapon
Any updates?
Eternity by Emran Riaz (Gimmicks + Download) An IMPOSSIBLE prediction of ANY number, ANY word, literally ENGRAVED in a medallion they've been holding THE ENTIRE TIME.
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2479 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Everything else is done except for the custom SMTP stuff which we're having a bit of trouble with. Other than that, all the other changes are going to be very well received, I predict. Don't have an ETA yet but we're working furiously to get it done. It's all really shaping up quite well.

Phatmeat
View Profile
Elite user
Germantown, Maryland
483 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
Pretty cool app! Purchased it and I've been playing around with it all day. I really like the possibilities you can create with this.

One interesting thing I noticed from testing it out is that if the email is opened [prematurely] prior to inputting the information, then the photo will always say "NO IMAGE AVAILABLE" no matter what. Even if you input the information afterward and reopen the email, it will still say "NO IMAGE AVAILABLE" from that point on. I guess once you open the email whatever information was on the server becomes permanently stored. Of course this wouldn't be an issue in actual performance since you would simply tell your specator not to open the email just yet. Anyway, this isn't meant as a criticism in any way, simply an observation.
Phatmeat
View Profile
Elite user
Germantown, Maryland
483 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
Steven, after playing with this for a few hours I had a few comments/suggestions:

1.) I notice in the From field of the email next to the sender's email it always shows "keylmagicnoreply@gmail.com". Would there be any way to fix/change this, perhaps in a future update?
2.) It would be nice to be able to have the option to change the font color of the inputted text. Right now it's always a dark gray by default. It would be nice to have other color options, like black for example.
3.) Have you considered having an undo/erase button somewhere on the fake springboard page in case the performer makes and error?
4.) I know that in order to hide what the performer is doing and to make the app more deceptive the writing cannot be seen. It might be useful to have a feature where the performer can enable/disable seeing what is being written (and maybe even have the visible writing disappear after a few seconds). Sometimes it's nice to have visual feedback. In most cases nobody will be looking at your screen anyway as you'll have it tilted toward yourself or somewhere out of view like near your lap. For example, if you are using a confederate who isn't very experienced with the app, having the option to see what they are writing can make things easier for them and give added confidence that the information was inputted correctly.

Anyway, just a few suggestions. Thank you and great job with the app so far!
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2479 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Phatmeat, thanks for taking the time to write all this up:

1) We have a nondescript reply email in the next release. There will also be a custom SMTP version so you can enter your own SMTP details.
2) Full RGB settings on color will be available in the next release.
3) We haven't implemented a feature like this and would need to be careful how it is implemented since we want to preserve as much screen real estate as possible for the writing itself. It's something we can look at, though.
4) This feature is also in the new update. You can turn it on or off in the settings.

Anything else springs to mind as you use the app please let us know. Thanks again for the feedback.

Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2479 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Quote:
On Sep 4, 2014, Phatmeat wrote:
Pretty cool app! Purchased it and I've been playing around with it all day. I really like the possibilities you can create with this.

One interesting thing I noticed from testing it out is that if the email is opened [prematurely] prior to inputting the information, then the photo will always say "NO IMAGE AVAILABLE" no matter what. Even if you input the information afterward and reopen the email, it will still say "NO IMAGE AVAILABLE" from that point on. I guess once you open the email whatever information was on the server becomes permanently stored. Of course this wouldn't be an issue in actual performance since you would simply tell your specator not to open the email just yet. Anyway, this isn't meant as a criticism in any way, simply an observation.

This is a limitation of the spectator's email client, not the app itself. If the image is downloaded prematurely then the only way to get the right image to show up is to refresh the image in the email message. Most phone based email clients don't support manually refreshing an image once it's been downloaded, which is ultimately the problem. But as you say, it's not too difficult to keep spectators on point especially if you develop a compelling presentation.

weapon
View Profile
Inner circle
I am Emran. I have,
1329 Posts

Profile of weapon
Great! excited!!!!!
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Quote:
On Sep 4, 2014, Steven Keyl wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 4, 2014, Phatmeat wrote:

This is a limitation of the spectator's email client, not the app itself. If the image is downloaded prematurely then the only way to get the right image to show up is to refresh the image in the email message. Most phone based email clients don't support manually refreshing an image once it's been downloaded, which is ultimately the problem. But as you say, it's not too difficult to keep spectators on point especially if you develop a compelling presentation.

Agreed! Smile
Phil J.
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of Phil J.
Quote:
Steven Keyl
3) We haven't implemented a feature like this and would need to be careful how it is implemented since we want to preserve as much screen real estate as possible for the writing itself. It's something we can look at, though.
4) This feature is also in the new update. You can turn it on or off in the settings

In my opinion 3 & 4 go together. No point in seeing what you've written if you can't correct a mistake once you've made one. A small button in a corner wouldn't lose much screen space. Just a thought.

Can't wait for the update either way Smile
You were born original... Don't die a copy Smile
shoexboy
View Profile
New user
Taiwan
89 Posts

Profile of shoexboy
Hi Steven,
Any plan will update the new function ?
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2479 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
As we finished the latest extra features, we decided to hold off releasing this until we finalize support for iOS 8. Best guess is that we are another two weeks away from submitting this to Apple, barring any unforeseen issues.

shoexboy
View Profile
New user
Taiwan
89 Posts

Profile of shoexboy
Hi Steven,

Awesome. I can't wait it release.
The Hermit
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of The Hermit
Any idea for a release date?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » 21st Century Prediction ***NEW APP*** (26 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..12~13~14 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL