We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Dear Mr Fantasy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pixelated
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of Pixelated
Although this is far from a new release, I wasnt sure where else I should post (im sure the mods will move if necessary).

John Bannon has done a paperback reprint of his long out of stock book, Dear Mr. Fantasy.

It's available on his site now, $35 USA or $47 international.

http://johnbannonmagic.com/dearmrfantasy.html

the synopsis reads:
For Those Who Like Card Magic:

We are pleased to present the critically-acclaimed international bestseller, Dear Mr. Fantasy—John Bannon’s first collection of close-up magic since Smoke & Mirrors over a decade ago.

DMF is all about card tricks. It contains nineteen card tricks and other asides. All tricks with unprepared cards, most completely impromptu.

DMF is 200 pages, hardbound, and illustrated with over 70 photographs.
duanebarry
View Profile
Special user
883 Posts

Profile of duanebarry
That webpage describes it as hardbound. (You even posted the "hardbound" bit in your text.)

Which is it?
Pixelated
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of Pixelated
Sorry for any confusion, I emailed John asking if he had further copies and received the following:

----------------

Hi ,

I have just done a paperback re-print of Dear Mr. Fantasy. Check my website in the next few days.

Best regards.

John
----------------

so it seems to be paperback, I can only assume the text is from the original release.
EddieM
View Profile
Regular user
Experienced but only
172 Posts

Profile of EddieM
I have the hardbound version and I LOVE this book. I picked it up from MJM Magic way back when it first was released. If you like packet tricks or John Bannon in general, then I highly recommend this book. A lot of the routines tie into each other, and it's a very good read. It made me sad to see the hardback go out of print, but now that I see a softcover version coming out, that means other people can pick this up again.
- EddieM
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Dear Mr Fantasy (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL