The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Imagination Coins by Garrett Thomas: William Draven's Layout (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
William Draven
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
464 Posts

Profile of William Draven
Nice review. And thank you for the credit! Glad you liked the layout.
Christian Rey
View Profile
Regular user
Magician'y toast...to my
135 Posts

Profile of Christian Rey
So far 3 different threads for this effect, this must be darn good!
My first name rhymes with Magician
virtualwizard
View Profile
Regular user
Bailey Island, Maine
122 Posts

Profile of virtualwizard
So this comes in half dollar AND quarters?
Mike the Magician
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2330 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Quarters
ostadler
View Profile
New user
Munich, Germany
56 Posts

Profile of ostadler
Thanks for all the info here, I'm going to order that one right now, thanks to this review and the discussion here! Smile
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
So you do get a [? I have half dollars but wasnt sure if that mattered.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4217 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On Feb 28, 2014, paisa23 wrote:
So you do get a [? I have half dollars but wasnt sure if that mattered.
you get a quarter [. It works just as well with half dollars if you have a set.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
I don't understand why this was put out as a separate release when it's already on Inside the Mind of Garrett Thomas along with five other effects.

All you need in addition is a ]

Maybe people didn't know.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
magicandsoul
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of magicandsoul
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2014, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
I don't understand why this was put out as a separate release when it's already on Inside the Mind of Garrett Thomas along with five other effects.

$
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2014, magicandsoul wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2014, Jamie Ferguson wrote:

$

Lol, classic! Smile
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland! Back home and Thrilled!
1029 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Looks like this is now available in the UK and Euro versions...
Penguin has them, as I am sure others do as well.

And yes, it is $$$ driven to release this as a seperate effect/DVD. You see this all the time. They need to keep earning a living.
I don't mind it at all. I wonder if it is improved on, or the exact same DVD? I am guessing it is new and improved... Smile
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
So.....this is a new version of coins across with a [, that's it?
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1463 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Quote:
On Apr 16, 2014, pepka wrote:
So.....this is a new version of coins across with a [, that's it?

More of a one coin across. Put out years ago. Great routine with a few additions
Bluesman
View Profile
Special user
Florida
577 Posts

Profile of Bluesman
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2014, Magical Dimensions wrote:
I really don't see anything new here. Reminds me of Larry Jennings ideas.

Best
Ray

Ray, is right. I also don't see anything new here.

Emmettt Smile
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1539 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
Also to be found on "World's Greatest Magic - Expanded Shells"... last effect. And lord, is the explanation in depth. Zzzzzzzzzzzz....
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland! Back home and Thrilled!
1029 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2014, Ekuth wrote:
Also to be found on "World's Greatest Magic - Expanded Shells"... last effect. And lord, is the explanation in depth. Zzzzzzzzzzzz....

And less than $16 from Penguin. Free shipping!
the1stmagician
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of the1stmagician
A lot of you out there or in here need to remember that a lot of people do not have the experience that many of you have or are starting out and need much of the material/information that is included on this DVD. Yes it is very, very in depth, however as stated that is most likely for those that ACTUALLY need this information. If you do not need this you can certainly pass those portions of the DVD by and be on your way with the rest of the lesson. And it may have been on another DVD however if you do not have that DVD then it does one little good. Also it seems these days that people loooove to buy DVD's with ONLY one trick on them instead of many tricks. I don't understand the allure. But these young people have dug them a pit that they will never be able to get out of now that the internet stores know they can sell one trick DVD's and get away with it. Yes, the WGM DVD on Expanded shells is a great value, however it does not cover all the information that "Imagination Coins" covers and as I stated this is most likely needed by the new magicians by the quality of performance I have been witness to. I really like this effect. It is a very magical effect without being over burdened by sleights and it plays to the whimsy of magic like few other effects in coin magic do. I feel it is a nice interlude to more involved coin routines and is within the reach of most coin workers beginners especially...given they learn audience management skills. Smile Smile
Great Domino
View Profile
Special user
Canada
538 Posts

Profile of Great Domino
This will seem ridiculous to some of you but the casing they ship the gimmick in...I can't open it w/o damaging the gimmick. I've taken a knife to it, tried pulling apart and shaking...nothing works. They should've stuck to a plastic sleeve. That being said, watched the dvd and looking forward to (hopefully) getting this gimmick out frick
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1812 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
I have done this routine many times and the helper has not messed me up as yet.

Have not tried it was Half's but that will work.

I like this and Garrett Thomas taught it well.

But like some of the above comment about Audience Management is correct.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
robvh
View Profile
Elite user
Calgary, AB
441 Posts

Profile of robvh
Imagination Coins is a fun little routine and a nice lead in to a Coins Across. Garrett is an excellent teacher and thinker.

Imagination Coins comes with a quarter gimmick. I do think they should have included four regular quarters in the package for the price and as a convenience to the customer. Particularly customers from other countries where acquiring four US quarters isn't a simple thing.

People have asked if you can do this effect with half dollars. You *could* but I personally wouldn't. The spectator handles the gimmick and a perceptive spectator might notice something off about the weight. The weight differential with a quarter is minimal. It's magnified with a half dollar.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Imagination Coins by Garrett Thomas: William Draven's Layout (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL