The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Free web hosting...Really (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Preston Burt
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Preston Burt
I know those of you interested in creating websites would like to know that 1 and 1 is offering a pre-opening offer until Jan 24, 2004: absolutely free web hosting for 3 years. I thought it sounded fishy, but I went ahead, signed up and now have a website up and running. It really is true. They don't even ask for a credit card number when you sign up. And don't worry, its not like freewebs or angelfire or something with all the banner and popup ads, there aren't any. No, I don't get any commission for telling you about this site, I just thought I would let all my magic friends benefit from the deal I stumbled upon. check it out for yourself:

http://www.1and1.com
JesterMan
View Profile
Veteran user
Maryland, USA
319 Posts

Profile of JesterMan
Thanks for the info. I just signed up, so once I really get set up I'll have something more to say, perhaps. It seems like a really good deal, even giving e-mail. I just hope that this doesn't inspire more people to go open up sites exposing magic in the guise of formenting interest among laymen.

JM
JM Smile Smile

Balloons, Magic, Mayhem & More!
www.AArdvarkEntertainers.com
www.JesterMan.com

"... destined to take the place of the MudShark in your mythology... " FZ
tpdmagic
View Profile
Elite user
459 Posts

Profile of tpdmagic
Well I signed up....I have had nothing but problems. In fact I tried to contact them in regards to the problems and have not heard from them as of yet. I even got a new domain but that doesn't work either. There might be a reason its free...LOL It's the only site that constantly get errors on. If you know the solution I would love to hear it.

TPDMAGIC Smile
Keith Yeung
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Keith Yeung
Thanks for the tip off! I'll be signing up soon ;-)
deerbourne
View Profile
Regular user
Centennial, CO
174 Posts

Profile of deerbourne
I signed up too (mythdirection.com - coming soon). It looks like they are overwhelmed with new users. I'm waiting until Monday before I get too irate with them.
The only issue I've had is the amount of time it takes to process changes to the domains.

Chris
:hmm:
jimisolo
View Profile
Regular user
League City, TX
110 Posts

Profile of jimisolo
I figure I better give it a shot before they bump up the deadline. Smile

Thanks for the tip.
Tony Venetico
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
238 Posts

Profile of Tony Venetico
Not bad - I paid the $5.99 for a domain and was up and running within 2 days total
deerbourne
View Profile
Regular user
Centennial, CO
174 Posts

Profile of deerbourne
Everything came together this morning. No more problems, FTP works and the e-mail accounts are now active. The account comes with free software for marketing and designing pages. Mostly scaled down versions of big software but they work.

I also got a $25 credit to Google Adwords for signing up. Smile

Deerbourne
Preston Burt
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Preston Burt
I got my account, domain, and FTP in working order all in the same day! I guess they were just bogged down with new applicants when others of you applied. I suspect no fraud here anymore. Everything works great! (Well, the webmail service isn't great, but hey, its free! LOL) Smile
tpdmagic
View Profile
Elite user
459 Posts

Profile of tpdmagic
O.K. Their customer service contacted me with some solutions. It is now up and running and wow its hard to believe it's free. I still have a problem uploading pictures at this point but I am sure it will work out. If you guys are interested...www.tpdmagic.com still under construction, but let me know what you think so far... Smile
Marshall Thornside
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2016 Posts

Profile of Marshall Thornside
It took a while for me to figure how to point the domain to the dns and vice versa. I got mine up and running and I re-vamped everything for the moment.

http://www.mai-ling.net
you will remember my name

World's Youngest Illusionista
7th greatest pianist in the world
Go Red For Women and Stroke Ambassador
www.mai-ling.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Free web hosting...Really (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL