The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Help finding names (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magic n00b
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of magic n00b
Hi everyone, sorry if this is not the right place for this post (please tell me off if it is)

I have been doing magic (coins, cards, elastic bands and a few other bits) for about 2/3 years now but still concider myself as an amature (a confidence thing I suppose).
ANYWAY!! I have come up with some routines and effects of my own, but I'm stuck and need your help (if you would be so kind)
there are 2 items which I don't know what they are called, but will describe and give links, if you could let me know what they are, that would be great.

the first is a hand through glass, I have seen a few magicians preform this, David Blaine with a shop window, Dynamo with a shop display unit and LuChen (www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rTnHXh9oLo skip to 5:26)

the second is a dissapering coin...(stay with me!) Will Tsai has it in photoshop (www.youtube.com/watch?v=00DbmDBl1ps skip to 0:58) and I belive (but not 100%) it is in trandsence. I have heard this can be done gimmick-less, can anyone confrim this and also confirm the name.

there is one last thing (i know, first post and already pushing my luck!)
I have been asked so many times, as I'm sure everyone in here has, to change a (low value) £ note into £50.
at the moment I do an almost completly covered bill switch.
I would like something a lot more visual and open, is there anything out there which will let me do, in simple terms, a borrowed, single note version of 'exterme burn'?

thank you for your patience in reading this, I realy do appreciate it.
please don't hate me to much for this long post.

thank you
Louis
Zephury
View Profile
Elite user
Hollywood, FL
488 Posts

Profile of Zephury
Despite your borrowed dollar.. Prophet is the most visual bill change in my opinion. Free tutorials on youtube as well. I'm sure you've known about prophet though. Just figured I'd throw that in just in case.

As I'm quite the novice my self, I'm not 100% certain on your other questions, so I don't want to make an incorrect assumption. If no one else replies, I can get you an answer though.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Help finding names (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL