The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » B I B L E (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8687 Posts

Profile of harris
Just curious how many people here read their Bible...

On a Daily Basis
Weekly
Everyonce & a while.
Christmas & Easter....

I'm on the first line.(sometimes I use the audio app on my phone)
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Craig Logan
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
541 Posts

Profile of Craig Logan
My habits have combed that entire spectrum of the years. Now that I am a Reverend, there is an increased desire to study the Scriptures, so now I would place myself in the first category. I think the key is HABIT. If you tell yourself, "7:00 AM is God's time." It may not feel great, but that's because our flesh isn't a fan of Scripture.
"A wizard is not to be made in a day." -Professor Hoffmann (Modern Magic)
Craig Logan
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
541 Posts

Profile of Craig Logan
Quote:
On 2014-01-23 12:15, mediocre_magic wrote:
My habits have combed that entire spectrum of the years. Now that I am a Reverend, there is an increased desire and responsibility to study the Scriptures, so now I would place myself in the first category. I think the key is HABIT. If you tell yourself, "7:00 AM is God's time." It may not feel great, but that's because our flesh isn't a fan of Scripture.
jamiedoyle
View Profile
Special user
Lafayette, IN
606 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
Daily for me.
I too will use the audio option of my YouVersion app if I have a long drive ahead of me Smile
Jamie Doyle

jamiedoyle.com
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8687 Posts

Profile of harris
I use Bible Gateway.

I also like going to Bible studies.

It gets me in contact with other men,(iron sharpens iron) and get insights on
God's word.

When I was younger, I thought the only thing that would help my Gospel Programs was going to magic lectures. Don't get me wrong, I still like to fellowship with magicians...and am blessed to have an active F.C.M. group near our house.

I also am blessed with a beautiful Christian woman as my wife.
Annie also goes to Bible study with folks from our Church home.

love brother Harris
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
Mr. Danny
View Profile
Loyal user
North Central Louisiana
249 Posts

Profile of Mr. Danny
Sorry Harris, when I first looked at your post I thought it said, "audio amp". ??? Up untill recently it was daily, thanks for reminding me to get back to it!
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2286 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
I like the One Year Bibles - they make daily reading so much easier. I just got a new one from Sams Club -- ESV with two different OT & two NT passages each day. Takes you through the entire OT once and NT twice in year.

Ed
Craig Logan
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
541 Posts

Profile of Craig Logan
Quote:
On 2014-01-23 21:25, Ed_Millis wrote:
I like the One Year Bibles - they make daily reading so much easier. I just got a new one from Sams Club -- ESV with two different OT & two NT passages each day. Takes you through the entire OT once and NT twice in year.

Ed

The One Year Bibles are a wonderful tool. It is amazing what a little structure can do for one's devotions.
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Special user
Razorback Country
502 Posts

Profile of Stephon Johnson
My daily devotional reading is to read a chapter per day in each of the following areas: OT, Proverbs, Psalms, NT.
I begin again as I finish each of them. Naturally, it puts me reading through Proverbs about once a month, and Psalms about twice a year.
It is a system I have used for about a decade, and I recommend it! You always get to see OT in light of the NT, and a daily dose of Wisdom from the Proverbs, Along with worship from Psalms.
I like the motto from Ray Comfort "No Read, No Feed", which means if I make it a point to feed my body first thing in the morning, I shouldn't neglect nourishing my spirit!
Blessings!
Stephon
WHAT IF you wake up tomorrow with ONLY the things that you THANK GOD for today?
ChrisG
View Profile
Elite user
Batavia, Ohio
448 Posts

Profile of ChrisG
The One Year Chronological Bible is what I am using this year.
"Consensus is the negation of Leadership"

M. Thatcher
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
1924 Posts

Profile of tbaer
I am in the process of reading through the entire bible in a year, but not chronological. I've never done this before. This is my first time. I started about 4 months ago. I have an outline that has the different chapters you must read every day to reach your goal. So far I'm doing pretty good. There were a few times I missed and then had to make it up to keep on tract.

ChrisG, I heard of the chronological order, but never knew what order it actually was.
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2286 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
Chronological order varies by the scholar. There's some stuff that's just not fully nailed down and is open to interpretation. Most of the differences, in my very limited understanding, are fairly minor.

What might be more helpful is a historical timeline that puts the Bible's events in step with the other nations. I don't have the link, but there's a timeline that I've seen that wraps history up in a circle on a wall poster. Some day I'll have one.

Ed
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8687 Posts

Profile of harris
Yes. Books like Job may be one of the oldest. That us if my memory is working at the moment.
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Special user
Razorback Country
502 Posts

Profile of Stephon Johnson
WHAT IF you wake up tomorrow with ONLY the things that you THANK GOD for today?
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6724 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Not daily, but pretty close. I have The Jerusalem Bible. I am constantly looking up passages. I keep it close by.

Doug
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8687 Posts

Profile of harris
Also, on the way to work, I listen to TTB in 5 years aka the Bible bus. If memory is working. It is Vernon McGee (sic??)

Love brother Harris
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
Craig Logan
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
541 Posts

Profile of Craig Logan
Yes sir, It is J. Vernon McGee. Good stuff on the Bible Bus.
Jeffini
View Profile
New user
Atlanta
52 Posts

Profile of Jeffini
Daily. Typically I have the opportunity to spend my first thirty minutes or so in the office in the morning in Bible study, devotion and prayer. I am currently reading Isaiah. I am also enjoying a devotional book by John Piper. My wife and I have "Bible Time" with our three children most evenings. We are cuurently enjoying the book of Luke. Thank you for asking. Time in His Word always puts the day in proper perspective. God bless.
Slough Illusions
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma
53 Posts

Profile of Slough Illusions
I use a bible software called e-sword when I study(its a free download). It breaks the words down and has a lot of commentary, maps, and daily readings built in as well. It has a word search and topic search along with it if you are wanting to study a certain topic. I use other software too (libronix) but I recommend e-sword because its free(there are some books on e-sword that you pay for that are worth it)
Russo
View Profile
Special user
789 Posts

Profile of Russo
Daily ; -using meditation magazines and a daily meditations book (4 in all = a half hour+ ) Though I find often I don't remember What I read the Day befor(even if I review-of course I am 76+) - then I realized that like food - you don't always remember what you ate the day befor - BUT - you WERE nourshed - and usually do what you read, in your daily activities.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » B I B L E (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL