The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » I WON a Free Pass to InsideDeception! (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2059 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
That is, I received an E-mail stating "You WON a Free Pass to InsideDeception!"

Yeah, for exactly ONE hour.
In the middle of the day.
On a weekend.

I'm sure I'd learn a lot in that hour... like _tricks_ to meet women. Really?

What better way to say "I believe my customer base is a bunch of pathetic losers with nothing better to do"?

Quote:
AWESOME NEWS. Response to our 'Win a FREE PASS to InsideDeception' contest has been incredible!
So we've decided to give away MORE than 100 free passes! More than 200! Even more than 300!
Now EVERYONE has 'won' a free pass, because this coming Saturday Jan 25 we're holding a ground-breaking 'OPEN HOUSE!' Step inside the world's #1 magic + mentalism training site FOR FREE.
You'll have instant access to DOZENS of training videos, including easy-to-do magic tricks, mind-bending mentalism effects, valuable marketing tips, tricks to meet women in bars + clubs and MORE.
This exciting 'OPEN HOUSE' runs from 1:00PM-2:00PM Eastern Standard Time. (That's 10:00AM-11:00AM in Los Angeles, and 18:00-19:00 in the United Kingdom.)
Jack Straw
View Profile
Special user
Wichita
982 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
I got the same invite, but I will not be home.

Too bad for me and you, inigmntoya!

Better luck next time!
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4311 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I got the same, kind of lame IMO.
geggy
View Profile
Loyal user
Brighton UK
265 Posts

Profile of geggy
And me, I guess everyone who subscribes has won!!! Very patronising, and typical of most Sankey emails I get sent...soooo, not clever.
trickyat86
View Profile
Veteran user
Pittsburgh, PA
370 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
As much as I enjoy Sankey's stuff, this "Open House" just sounds like a way to increase his training site's user count. If you want to attend the Open House, you have to register as a user.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3195 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Oh man, I thought I was the special winner . Oh we'll, there is always the Nigerian lottery.
Nothing Personal-Strictly Business
Jack Straw
View Profile
Special user
Wichita
982 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
I won that one too, Rizzo.

We must travel in the same circles!
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
jconstantine
View Profile
Special user
Long Island New York
566 Posts

Profile of jconstantine
Wow I'm so lucky! I won one too! lol.
Misdirect yourself regularly before you attempt to misdirect others!!! Smile Smile Smile
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4948 Posts

Profile of videoman
I am also a winner!!!
In Sankey's defense though, I believe he does state in the email that he has pronounced everyone on his mailing list to be winners so he is not trying to deceive anyone about it.
OldManGloom
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of OldManGloom
He's calling it an "Open House" now. I'll check it out but I'm not expecting much.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2059 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On 2014-01-23 23:04, videoman wrote:
In Sankey's defense though, I believe he does state in the email that he has pronounced everyone on his mailing list to be winners so he is not trying to deceive anyone about it.

I have to disagree. As mentioned in the post above he's having a (very short) "open house", free to all takers.
I didn't "win" anything, but the subject line caused me to open the E-mail thinking I'd actually WON something.
I was deceived.

Why not title the E-mail "One hour open house this weekend!" or something similar?
King14
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of King14
Its only a E-mail.Bin it and get on with life.As Jay once said there are a lot of stamps to collect.I think a lot of magicians should do that.Sad but true.
Raj Suman
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Raj Suman
I just sold mine on eBay for £6.50.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2763 Posts

Profile of John Long
Sankey is offering an open house this weekend to everyone on his mailing list. Is there anything in his "inside deception" website that's worth looking at?
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Matt Chalk
View Profile
Regular user
New Zealand
166 Posts

Profile of Matt Chalk
Yeah I got an email like this about 6 months to a year ago for his site, I got excited then realized that everyone on Sankeys subscriber list had won.

I have since unsubscribed from his list.
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
725 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
Quote:
On Aug 14, 2014, Matt Chalk wrote:
Yeah I got an email like this about 6 months to a year ago for his site, I got excited then realized that everyone on Sankeys subscriber list had won.

Why would it make a difference if you alone "won" or if everybody did?
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
He has a clever way to make money ... anyways any reviews about his Inside Deception programme ? Lol ...
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5160 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:

I not only unsubscribed but had to quit following him on twitter as many of his tweets were ads for this and the others were thoughts that didn't make since to me Smile I really like his approach to magic and many effects he has put out but he puts out sooo much, you have to filter through to get to the gems. I also find his performnce style quite quirky and just not for me. (yes I know and agree he is a great magician, I just don't care for his style on thing like Revolutionary Coin Magic 1.0)
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Matt Chalk
View Profile
Regular user
New Zealand
166 Posts

Profile of Matt Chalk
Quote:
On Aug 14, 2014, Joe Roberts wrote:
Quote:

False advertising.
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
725 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2014, Matt Chalk wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 14, 2014, Joe Roberts wrote:
Quote:

False advertising.

That's not false advertising. If I say "you won a car," and I give you a car, it doesn't matter if I give just you a car or if I give everyone on my mailing list a car. It's still true that [i]you[i/] won a car.

I mean, you can argue that the prize itself is crap, but to not like something because others got it too, says more about you than about Sankey.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » I WON a Free Pass to InsideDeception! (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL