The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Why don't we colonise the Moon? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2014-01-28 10:26, sammagic wrote:
Well if the Chinese keep on going the way they are with the development of they're space programme, who know's? I can see the chinese putting man back on the moon within the next 10 years though.

It's probably do-able now to mine on the moon, or will be in the next few years. They've got the technology available now to extract HE-3, but doing it up on the moon is a different story, it takes a bit more than just putting a few mining rigs up there.

I can't understand why the western world is not pumping billions into this, as it's not our generation we've got to think about, it's the next and the one's after that. Fossil fuels are running out and using them is basically destroying our earth.

Wow, there's a Hollywood movie for you... Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16260 Posts

Profile of tommy
We could break earth up into 49 bits and then we would have 50 moons to colonise.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5941 Posts

Profile of george1953
I was going to open a bar on the moon, then I thought nah, no atmosphere Smile
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1106 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
Quote:
On 2014-01-26 11:55, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-01-25 22:41, sammagic wrote:
Just want the unmanned chinese vehicle to drive around the moon and settle the argument.........find the vehicles the appolo missions left up there!!

Did they get there, no! or we would have found the answer to clean and safe energy.

Just checking- are you kidding or do you seriously believe that we never landed on the moon?

And what makes you think you did Bob? Seems strange no-one ever did it again don't you think?
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1650 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Quote:

On 2014-01-28 18:16, george1953 wrote:

I was going to open a bar on the moon.... Smile

With McDonalds and KFC already in the queue, you've got no chance.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2014-01-29 07:39, Russell Davidson wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-01-26 11:55, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-01-25 22:41, sammagic wrote:
Just want the unmanned chinese vehicle to drive around the moon and settle the argument.........find the vehicles the appolo missions left up there!!

Did they get there, no! or we would have found the answer to clean and safe energy.

Just checking- are you kidding or do you seriously believe that we never landed on the moon?

And what makes you think you did Bob? Seems strange no-one ever did it again don't you think?

Nope. People got bored with moon travel after six times. Congress, always more concerned with getting re-elected than with scientific progress, cut funding for NASA and forced it to cancel the last two missions. (I read somewhere that the astronauts were actually glad the missions got cut. They'd had some problems with some of the successful missions (On 11, they snapped off a switch from the control panel, luckily, not a vital switch.) They said they felt the missions were going on borrowed time and eventually something big (bigger than 13) was going to happen and someone was going to die up there.) I've looked through the information that "proves" we didn't go to the Moon (I own a copy of "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Moon") it's hokum!
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I find it hard to believe that any rational person would actually believe that the moon landings never happened.
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1106 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
Quote:
On 2014-01-30 07:16, mastermindreader wrote:
I find it hard to believe that any rational person would actually believe that the moon landings never happened.

Well, there were some pretty rational reasons for faking it no? In the same ball park as claiming that someone had a bunch of WMD's isn't it?
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
No. Not in the same ballpark at all. (Although it did make for a nice sci-fi movie plot. But, then again, so did Day of the Triffids.)

But to follow your analogy to its logical conclusion. The fact that there were no WMDs in Iraq came to light rather quickly as the war progressed. Too many people were involved in the search and everything was being spilled to news organizations. Hundreds of thousands would have had to have been in on a conspiracy to prevent the truth from eventually coming out.

Same with the moon landings.
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Quote:
On 2014-01-29 07:44, Mehtas wrote:

Quote:

I was going to open a bar on the moon.... Smile

With McDonalds and KFC already in the queue, you've got no chance.

On the other hand, you might want to open it on a space station. Think of all the new ways you could mix drinks in zero gravity. Layering shots would be a whole new art when you're not as concerned about density.
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
I was going to open a bar on the moon, then I thought nah, no atmosphere Smile

Nice. I'll be repeating that one.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2014-01-30 12:31, mastermindreader wrote:
No. Not in the same ballpark at all. (Although it did make for a nice sci-fi movie plot. But, then again, so did Day of the Triffids.)

But to follow your analogy to its logical conclusion. The fact that there were no WMDs in Iraq came to light rather quickly as the war progressed. Too many people were involved in the search and everything was being spilled to news organizations. Hundreds of thousands would have had to have been in on a conspiracy to prevent the truth from eventually coming out.

Same with the moon landings.

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of rockwall
NASA to make water on Moon and oxygen on Mars

http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/nasa-t......s-477374
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
US ready to return to moon

The moon is back in fashion triggering a new space race among countries keen to exploit its commercial opportunities

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew......oon.html
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Why don't we colonise the Moon? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL