The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » A 'New' View on Magicians per Christians (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1789 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
How in the world did this thread end up as a discussion about talents and gifts????? Talk about something taking on a life of it's own!
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
I think we can agree with this article.

http://pleaseconvinceme.com/2012/the-dif......l-gifts/
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1789 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
OK.....back to the original topic.

Have you all seen this yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMpFmxCcJks&feature=youtu.be

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Well, that first bit of the video was very convincing. Although I am aware of how his eyes changed and how the ball floated, I realize that many people do not. Upon seeing this I can honesty say I understand why a Christian, or even a non Christian would believe this man was possessed. He did a very convincing job of it. It's apparent from the routine this is what he was aiming for.

Now, to my brothers who also know how this is done, let me ask you this. Are you willing to expose the secrets of magic to those who have been fooled into believing that magic is created by the power of demonic forces? Or, do we just go on pointing out how gullible, nieve, and foolish they are?
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8663 Posts

Profile of harris
When I first began working my magic into my counseling gig, I had a mother ask me to stop teaching her son magic.
She equated magic with Houdini who she believed used spirits to make his escapes.

Rather than educate her on his goals to defraud those people, I simply honored her belief.

Love brother Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
That's a third option. What other options may some of us have when dealing with others who think magic is the force of demonic spirits?
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
That's a third option. What other options may some of us have when dealing with others who think magic is the force of demonic spirits?
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Well, that first bit of the video was very convincing. Although I am aware of how his eyes changed and how the ball floated, I realize that many people do not. Upon seeing this I can honesty say I understand why a Christian, or even a non Christian would believe this man was possessed. He did a very convincing job of it. It's apparent from the routine this is what he was aiming for.

Now, to my brothers who also know how this is done, let me ask you this. Are you willing to expose the secrets of magic to those who have been fooled into believing that magic is created by the power of demonic forces? Or, do we just go on pointing out how gullible, nieve, and foolish they are?
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Elite user
Razorback Country
499 Posts

Profile of Stephon Johnson
I think there is a decidedly different atmosphere created by regular magic entertainment. When you watch DJ Tyler, Aldo Colombini, Gregory Wilson, Ammar, Vernon, Slydini etc...you don NOT think "supernatural". You think "talented", "funny", "clever", "skilled" and "gifted", but you KNOW in your deepest logical mind that the magic is trickery, clever juggling of sorts, and just for fun.
As Christian magicians, I think we should stay far FAR away from anything resembling the imitation of supernatural influence. We should respect the fear by folks who believe in demonic influence and occult powers. The Magicians of Egypt, whether by trickery or demonic influence, sought to pass their acts off as the real deal. To be a Christian Magician is to constantly be on guard and seeking not to "stumble" weaker people.
We cannot cling so tight to our hobby or profession that we are willing to cause weaker believers to stumble, or worse to become an obstacle to a superstitious unbeliever who turns to "new age" bunk instead of the living God!
I constantly reality check myself with the reminder that there will be NO sleight of hand, card tricks, trick coins etc, in eternity! REALLY think about that! We won't be doing cheap imitations of miracles, because we will be in the presence of the great I AM! The miraculous will be our everyday life then, the norm! This makes me often wonder how silly we must look from eternity with our "make believe" miracles. It must be like watching a toddler play with his toy tools to try to be like Daddy, who is a real carpenter.
All this to say: keep eternity and others' salvation in view! We cling to secrets and codes of ethics, but NONE of this will exist in the world to come.
WHAT IF you wake up tomorrow with ONLY the things that you THANK GOD for today?
seraph127
View Profile
Special user
575 Posts

Profile of seraph127
Quote:
On 2014-02-11 09:51, Terry Holley wrote:
OK.....back to the original topic.

Have you all seen this yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMpFmxCcJks&feature=youtu.be

Terry

:wow:

Words fail me...
There are many tricks, and many effects, but rarely a Grand Effect. There are many entertainers, but few real magicians. Many technicians, but few artists who use their art to explore their vision. - Derren Brown, Absolute Magic
wwhokie1
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of wwhokie1
I have actually talked to people (yes plural) who believe the earth is flat. They were Christians who based that belief on the Bible (or at least what someone told them the Bible said). What I learned from them is that some people will believe what they want because someone they trusted told them. No amount of evidence, proof, or logic will dissuade them. Sometimes you just have to walk away and be thankful that most people are more reasonable. I had one person accuse me of using demonic power for a fairly simple card trick. It opened up my eyes to how easily some people are willing to fall into this trap.

Yes, Words fail me too...

If they only knew, they would feel so foolish. But even if you explained how certain magic was done they would just find another example.

mark
seraph127
View Profile
Special user
575 Posts

Profile of seraph127
My experience compels to concur, Mark. When I was a kid, I went to church with a woman who thought the moon landing was faked because Genesis refers to the moon as "a light", and one couldn't land on a light (Metonymy? What's that?).

Like you said, it's to be hoped that this mindset is the minority case.
There are many tricks, and many effects, but rarely a Grand Effect. There are many entertainers, but few real magicians. Many technicians, but few artists who use their art to explore their vision. - Derren Brown, Absolute Magic
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
I once met a non religious person who believed in Bigfoot. They actually never saw one for themselves, but believed the stories from those who claimed to see one. I also met another non religious person who believed in luck, and another one who believed in horoscopes. I even met someone who had no religious affiliation believe in lake monsters. Not to mention the many more non Christian folks who believe in ghosts.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » A 'New' View on Magicians per Christians (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL