The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Cantu, the Great Mexican Dove Worker ot the 1940's (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magic mike
View Profile
New user
Michael M.
88 Posts

Profile of magic mike
Where can I get information concerning Cantu, i.e. Pictures/photograghs, videos or written biographical material?

Does anyone remember him or has seen him perform?

All I know is that he did a modern dove act in a Mexican costume during the 1940's. Smile
Channing Pollack is my idea of the perfect magician. For those of you that have not seen him perform, I recommend trying to get hold of a video of an old movie called "European Nights" made about 1959.
I was able to buy this video from Stevens Magic
Eric Evans
View Profile
Special user
Rio Grande
665 Posts

Profile of Eric Evans
There would seem to be precious little information re: Cantu. That he might have been an inspiration to Channing Pollack is possible. That he died in a car wreck at the height of his career is about all I know. That there are people still living that saw his act is a pretty good bet. That those same people speak English is highly doubtful.
xxxRoyxxx
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of xxxRoyxxx
A pamphlet titled Come Out Flying has some information and a good picture on Cantu. How much information I can't say, as I haven't flipped through the book in a long while; don't even remember where it is. It is all about dove magic, gives some ideas routines and talks about some of the original dove workers.
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Cantu, the Great Mexican Dove Worker ot the 1940's (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL