The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Radak looks into his scrying mirror (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Profile of Christopher Gould
I have been a little quiet on this forum for a while, and I have my reasons. One of these is that I find myself moving away from magic and into what can only be termed as 'the real thing', I do hope that some of you here join me on this journey.
I have decided to post a rare message here, as I am receiving a lot of pms and emails regarding the new K*dar Poker Deck that I am kickstarting with Tao Magic.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/694......-j-gould

The Clock is ticking and we still look to be someway off the target. But for those of you who have already invested, there is no fear of it not reaching the target, as I will use some genuine magic to ensure that it funds (you assume that I am joking here?). Up to this point I have let nature take its course, perhaps it is time to intervene.
So to answer the questions I have been receiving and to apologize to anyone that I have not gotten back to directly, here are the full facts on the K*dar Kards.

The deck.

It occurred to me that this is actually the culmination of a lifetimes work, in many ways. I am really so proud of how the cards have turned out. Each card is a totally original design, and I cannot tell you the amount of time that it took to hand draw each one and then render it as a vector image ready for printing. I have just made a set up; the complexity of the deck, the intensity of the colour and the sheer cuteness of seeing them printed in poker card size is very pleasing. Trust me, when you see the actual deck, you will want one!
More importantly, the concepts behind these cards takes my thinking to a whole new level.

Above and below the Surface.

On the surface, the cards are an innocent ‘fortune tellers’ deck. They are bright, colourful and playful. They invite attention and work themselves. However, I did want to make one post to point out that there are several layers, and an incredible depth below this innocent façade.

The Two Paths.

At the moment I am writing four books to go with the cards. Two of these are for the ‘Metaphysical Market’. Two of them are for Magicians. We are marketing this as a genuine reading system (because it is) and expect is to ‘go big’ with readers. Then AM will sneak out the magicians books to this community. Now, this is a bit like bolting the after the horse had fled, but I will refer to the magicians deck as Kadar in reverse (thus the title of this post). So the K*dar and the Radak cards are a dual purpose deck. If you are using the K*dar deck for readings, you do not want your audience googling and finding out that it is a ‘trick’ deck now do you? Radak, is a pretty rubbish name, but it will serve as a code, for those in the know. From this point forward we need to be careful.
Let us look at the readers, or K*dar deck first.

The Readers Deck

The book that goes with this will be a definitive book on the development of intuition in using the K*dar system. The philosophy and mechanics arise from many sources that are the culmination of a lifetimes study for me. The two main pillars being the Western Mystery tradition and Jungian Psychology and the deck works from both of these perspectives.

The book comprises of a series of graduated exercises and games that will not only allow you to truly master the deck but will develop your intuition and make you a highly competent and genuine reader. There are no ‘tricks’ - this is all for real gentlemen.

My aim is to make it so easy on the surface that you can pretty much get the deck out of the box and make your first reading. However, this book is a complete course in reading with the deck and developing intuitional thinking. Your performance will not same by the end of the book, you will not be the same!

The system is built on a sound philosophical base; one which rejects negativity. It is an *active* system; it yields practical results, it *will* channel through you and it *will* change your sitter.

Although aimed at the professional reader and the non-magic fraternity, the lessons in this book will take your magical performances to a higher level than you thought possible. This is not bragging, I believe it to be a statement of fact.

This book will be acceptable to the more flexible thinkers on this forum, but way outside of the paradigm of the more traditional magician.

Radak - The Magicians Deck

This is aimed squarely at the performing magician, as the deck has aspects that are hidden from the reader of the first book. I do not want people to go away thinking ‘Ah, a trick deck!’- it is so very much more.

Those of you who know and love the existing K*dar system will be able to add several layers of depth to what you already know. Now there are 12 Kadar cards, as opposed to 4 (and yes Mysterion is still there making 13/14 Kadri Cards). This obviously deepens the meaning, but also we look at the interrelationship of these cards and reveal the whole system for the first time.
Add to this that we now have a full deck of 52 cards.

The original system had no trickery to it, and indeed, the Radak Deck can be ‘played straight’, and you will be effective in doing so. However, there are ‘certain aids’ in there for the magician. Using these you are able to ‘hot read’ your sitter and know exactly what she is thinking before she says anything. Combine this with the genuine psychic development offered by the first book and you will begin to grasp the potential of the system.

There is another important factor for the magician. The Radak deck is a deck of poker cards, you can use it to perform any existing card trick. But we can also reinvent magic to be genuinely magical and invest out ‘routines’ with meaning and forge a deep emotional connection with our audiences. This is hugely important and the core of what I am trying to achieve with this deck.

I hope that this sheds some light onto the K*adar deck and answers some of your questions. This is by far the most advanced of my thinking and it leaps beyond anything else that I have offered to the community. Please treasure it, use it responsibly, enjoy it and release its full potential.
If anyone has any questions I will hang around here for a while to answer them.

With just over a week to go, this is a unique opportunity to contribute towards the manifestation of this deck.
So when you hold it in your hand you can feel part of it's gestation.

Surely the Kadri will look favourably at this fertile gesture!
The Moon is now to be found in the constellation of Gemini:
https://www.geminiartifacts.com
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
921 Posts

Profile of necroloid
Just upped my pledge to include both booklets and the card wallet. Hmm I better contact you to see if I can still get slotted kings made.
Slartibartfaust
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
213 Posts

Profile of Slartibartfaust
Just upped my pledge , will up again when funds permit
I really want to see this succeed
There is much wonder in the Great White North
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
Chris, the 5 card K system has a certain gift the sitter takes home with them, a most powerful part of the workings. Will this new deck have something similar ?
Peter McMillan
View Profile
Elite user
St. George, Utah
497 Posts

Profile of Peter McMillan
[quote]On 2014-01-26 20:52, Christopher Gould wrote:
I have been a little quiet on this forum for a while, and I have my reasons. One of these is that I find myself moving away from magic and into what can only be termed as 'the real thing', I do hope that some of you here join me on this journey.

Could you explain what you mean by "the real thing"? (Please, no Coke Jokes);)

Pete
Spiritus Dictum Artifacts ~ Tools of the Craft for Serious Workers http://petemcmillan.wixsite.com/sd-artifacts/artifacts
~
www.SantaPeteUtah.com
horus1
View Profile
Special user
645 Posts

Profile of horus1
Thanks for the informative post. The kadar cards sound wonderful and worthy.
I'm very happy to be backing this.
3 decks., both books and a case!
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On 2014-01-26 20:52, Christopher Gould wrote:

Curious,like Pete !

Chris,are we looking at a change of upcoming releases ? (Books,PDF's)

In the nature of 'Propless', perhaps ?

~G
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
espkeith
View Profile
Veteran user
CT, USA
354 Posts

Profile of espkeith
I like the paths this one is taking. As both a reader and a performer, I expect to get lots of mileage out of this one. No pressure, of course. Smile
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Just made my pledge, great looking cards, cant wait.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
ZoOpDoG
View Profile
Veteran user
All the cool people have
311 Posts

Profile of ZoOpDoG
I am interested in the readers path. Forgive me for being new to kickstarter projects but will these cards be available outside of the kick starter offering? I love demonstrating alternative reading styles to my customers but I am wondering if I will be able to get replacement cards if something were to happen to my set. I would hate to learn a new method and have something happen to the cards and no longer be able to get a set. Thanks for any help.
The Greek
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of The Greek
Hi ZoOpDoG

The decks will be available at some stage after the Kickstarter decks have gone out, but you will not be able to get them at such low price with delivery. I suggest you get a few in Smile
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1780 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
ZoOpDog,
Consider going in for a brick. Or a dozen bricks if you want them for BOR.
Seriously, the brick price is quite reasonable, seeing that shipping is included. I'm considering getting another brick just as a backup to the first...
espkeith
View Profile
Veteran user
CT, USA
354 Posts

Profile of espkeith
Upgraded to a brick, here.
Xizzy
View Profile
Regular user
Italy!
166 Posts

Profile of Xizzy
Upgraded for the case and a badge. I already pledged for a brick, a tshirt and the books Smile
ZoOpDoG
View Profile
Veteran user
All the cool people have
311 Posts

Profile of ZoOpDoG
Thanks for the help. I would love to get a brick but my store is somewhat seasonal and winter is not a good one. I just sold my flash gun a few minutes ago for $30 so I'm in! I will hop on board tonight for the readers path. If people respond well to it I will certainly get more in the future. It seems Kadar is already demonstrating his power. My most useless piece of magic (when I'm not drinking, anyway) just sold providing me with the "under the wife radar" funds to order these wonderful looking cards!

I share to much.
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Do a reading for the wife, she will tell you to buy a brick then! ;-)

(sorry I have not responded to all of the posts yet - I will I promise - putting in 10 hour days at the moment and need to clear the backlog of orders first - but I will, I will!)
ZoOpDoG
View Profile
Veteran user
All the cool people have
311 Posts

Profile of ZoOpDoG
Quote:
On 2014-01-27 17:24, Christopher Gould wrote:
Do a reading for the wife, she will tell you to buy a brick then! ;-)

(sorry I have not responded to all of the posts yet - I will I promise - putting in 10 hour days at the moment and need to clear the backlog of orders first - but I will, I will!)

haha! she may hit me with a brick! last time I did a reading for her it ended badly. I no longer do any readings for people so closely connected to me.
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Smile

You are 102% right on that one!
The Greek
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of The Greek
We have just added a 2 Brick tier and a 12 brick tier.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
I cant seem to find the option that includes the case ? am I just being a bit daft ? any links etc appreciated.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Radak looks into his scrying mirror (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL