The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Radak looks into his scrying mirror (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1800 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Is that Moonskin???
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
829 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Quote:
On 2014-02-05 14:19, David Eichler wrote:
Is that Moonskin???

Only if she turns around and shows the backside. Smile
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Profile of Christopher Gould
I have never met her, but it is my internal image!
The Moon is now to be found in the constellation of Gemini:
https://www.geminiartifacts.com
Xizzy
View Profile
Regular user
Italy!
166 Posts

Profile of Xizzy
Quote:
On 2014-02-05 13:59, Christopher Gould wrote:
Paul, the only thing that give me sleepless nights these days is a good Jalfrezi. Seriously, I already knew it would fund, and if it did not then it was because it should not. Writing four books may keep me awake a bit though! New years resolution was (a) not to die yet and (b) take it a bit more easy. At least I am keeping to the first one.
Chris - you should see these babies first hand - I can brag all I like about these, as I did not make them, but they are giving me a serious leather fetish, it is kinda like this.....

Bill - cause for us both to celebrate then!

She's Diana Rigg, the Most Beautiful Woman Of All Time Ever in one of the best outfit of her:

The episode is not the best one but she is... well, you know.
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
If you have sign up for anything on Kickstarter you may have received this email. If you didn't, then please read this, it may be of interest to you.

Quote:
On Wednesday night, law enforcement officials contacted Kickstarter and alerted us that hackers had sought and gained unauthorized access to some of our customers' data. Upon learning this, we immediately closed the security breach and began strengthening security measures throughout the Kickstarter system.

No credit card data of any kind was accessed by hackers. There is no evidence of unauthorized activity of any kind on your account.

While no credit card data was accessed, some information about our customers was. Accessed information included usernames, email addresses, mailing addresses, phone numbers, and encrypted passwords. Actual passwords were not revealed, however it is possible for a malicious person with enough computing power to guess and crack an encrypted password, particularly a weak or obvious one.

As a precaution, we strongly recommend that you change the password of your Kickstarter account, and other accounts where you use this password.

I found nothing on the front page of Kickstater about this but there are articles on the web

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/1......20140216
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1593 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Got the same email, I changed my password just in case.
Not surprised if hackers were trying to hit Kickstarter though.......
spookyone
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
282 Posts

Profile of spookyone
Anybody get their survey yet?
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1593 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
When I signed in & I went into my account settings there was a yellow banner on top informing of security breach & change of P/W suggested.
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3295 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
I had to delete my account, hope I will get the deck of card and the booklets as the card was charged anyway.
Bedford
View Profile
Special user
Louisville, KY
669 Posts

Profile of Bedford
Changed my pw. Went through ok.
The Alchemy Moon Collective
Find us on Gemini Artifacts
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

I am not sure what is happening with Kickstarter. This is the first that I have heard about it. Actually, in this project I have very little, in fact nothing to do with the Kickstarter side of things. Costas from Magic Tao is dealing with this. So I have sent him a message and I know that he will find out what is happening and post back here. You may have to hold your breath a little while though, as it always takes some time to get anything back from Kickstarter and I am sure that they are closing the doors as they sort this out. As soon as we know what is going on, we will post it up here.
This is not the first time that a big organisation has been hacked and I very much doubt that it will be the last. Unfortunately this is totally out of our hands and it is up to Kickstarter to sort this out. But I would not worry too much, it is a big organisation and it is in their interests to deal with it promptly and effectively, and I am sure that they are doing just this.
As you all know both Costas and myself are 'straight up guys' and will do everything our end to make sure that everyone gets what they have pledged for .
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Quick update from Coatas - he is on the case and will make a post as soon as he gets something definite back. However, he said that there is no cause for concern as all of the credit card details were handled by Amazon and that no card details were breached. Also, as Amazon have the details, these will be forwarded to us and everyone will get what they pledged for.
Louis Cypher
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of Louis Cypher
Just had an email and said

"Hi
We will send a survey in about a week were you can tell us exactly what you pledged for."

I cocked up a pledged for Pack + poster. Wanted pack + Manuals. So emailed and above came back from "Magic Tao"
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Yes, we have paid for an external service for the 'survey' which is more efficient and more secure for you. Costas is off to Blackpool with the Magic Tao gang, and hopefully the stuff we need will come soon after he returns. But will will all need to exercise a bit of patience at this stage - including myself (i doubt that anyone want to hold a deck in their hands more than I do!). Remember that the aim of kickstarter is to fund a project and this is a bit more of a complex thing than just putting a regular order in. For example, there is a good deal of red tape before Kickstarter releases the funding for the project. Then there is some toing and froing with USPCC for the printing. Then even when we have everything, there is the organising of who backed what and a rather complex task of shipping out different orders to different people. Good job Costas is doing this as he has far more experience and resources in distribution. As anyone who has ordered from AM will know, once an order is in, I get it out as soon as possible. This requires a bit of a different mindset.
I have backed a few decks on KS one a year ago and I am still waiting, but I hope we are a bit quicker than that!
As to the whole hacking thing. I received a a message (as a consumer) from Kickstarter. It seems that only two peoples accounts were compromised, and they have been contacted. All in all, it seems to be a problem that will blow over and not affect anyone in regards to the Kadar cards.
So sleep easy, the Kadri are coming.
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
829 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Looks like we got our surveys now. I was pleasantly surprised we were allowed to pledge more on our surveys and upgrade to additional addons. I added the case.
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1593 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Yep got mine earlier today, I had pledged for a deck & both manuals & upped my pledge for the 3 deck deal for an extra 24 GBP's, only prob was when I went into the survey it had my deck & with both manuals pledge listed & when I went to look for the 3 deck deal there was nothing listed. Instead it has it set to add per deck at a reg pricing which will cost a little more than the 3 deck deal originally listed during the Kickstarter project....? I sent an emailed thru Kickstarter to Tao magic & asked about this, haven't heard back yet. Anyone else have this a problem ??
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1593 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Magic Tao got me all straightened out, was my bad when I made my main choice & thought I could still get my upped pledge for a 3 deck deal also on the survey.
He was very helpful in informing me how it worked & helped me correct it so things went in the direction I had planned with my pledge money.

He responded quickly & I would like to say thank you to him & that I had things wrong & I am happy with his help to get things resolved back on track for me Smile

Can't wait to see shipping notices !! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Radak looks into his scrying mirror (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL