The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Radak looks into his scrying mirror (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1800 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Beautiful! It makes me think of a three of hearts...or a queen of diamonds...
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Profile of Christopher Gould
Well spotted sir, but did you get the other two?
The Moon is now to be found in the constellation of Gemini:
https://www.geminiartifacts.com
spookyone
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
282 Posts

Profile of spookyone
Okay, okay, I upped my pledge to get the beautiful card case :-D
spookyone
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
282 Posts

Profile of spookyone
Quote:
On 2014-02-03 21:38, Christopher Gould wrote:
Well spotted sir, but did you get the other two?

7 of Diamonds and 4 of Hearts maybe?
BlueOwl
View Profile
Regular user
Dayton, Ohio
105 Posts

Profile of BlueOwl
I found out about this unique deck of cards only a week ago when I stumbled across one of the other threads for this Kickstarter project. At first I was attracted to the Silver Age comic style art of the cards, something about it just spoke to me. Then, as I read the PDF and learned more about the Kadar history, the gears started turning and I realized that this was just the tip of the iceberg as to the potential of these cards. I pledged for some cards and could not resist adding one of the beautiful card cases. And to be honest, I also hopped over the Alchemy Moon forums and ordered a Kadar Pro as well.

Thankfully these are fully pledged, but the larger the community of owners the more we can develop and share ideas to grow the power of Kadar. You only have about 36 hours left to pledge, and it sounds like the price on these decks will go up once they are produced. $15(ish) postpaid is a great value for this type of deck!

~ Nathan
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
We're in the last 32 hours of this one now - anyone sitting on the fence should jump! There's no risk - it's already funded, so these cards will be a reality. I can't wait to get a deck in hand. The reading system looks to be deep and nuanced. The artwork is beautiful. I think I'll enjoy using them as much as my sitters enjoy their readings.

Oh. And I LOVE the Joker.
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
Slartibartfaust
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
213 Posts

Profile of Slartibartfaust
That Joker is creeping me out a bit

Perfect!

Shawn
There is much wonder in the Great White North
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
Oooh! The dealer coin add-on is in! Surely it's the ultimate answer the question about what coin the participant should use to activate the Kadar cabinet!

"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
Bedford
View Profile
Special user
Louisville, KY
669 Posts

Profile of Bedford
Looks fantastic! Upped my pledge to include one of them.
The Alchemy Moon Collective
Find us on Gemini Artifacts
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
829 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
I just upped mine to get the coin as well. I wish we could see the revised case before the campaign ends. I assume the price will go up on them then.
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1593 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Finally have the extra for this, just put in my pledge for 4 decks & both manuals - better late (not too late) than never.....LoL, will have to get the card case also as it looks too nice not to have these cards nestled inside such a beautiful looking case as Moonskin is making ! Smile

Nice to see that this is past the 10 mark & looks like it will hit 12G+ before tomorrow morning !! Can't wait to get these in hand Smile
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1800 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Quote:
On 2014-02-04 00:40, BlueOwl wrote:
I found out about this unique deck of cards only a week ago when I stumbled across one of the other threads for this Kickstarter project. At first I was attracted to the Silver Age comic style art of the cards, something about it just spoke to me. Then, as I read the PDF and learned more about the Kadar history, the gears started turning and I realized that this was just the tip of the iceberg as to the potential of these cards. I pledged for some cards and could not resist adding one of the beautiful card cases. And to be honest, I also hopped over the Alchemy Moon forums and ordered a Kadar Pro as well.

Thankfully these are fully pledged, but the larger the community of owners the more we can develop and share ideas to grow the power of Kadar. You only have about 36 hours left to pledge, and it sounds like the price on these decks will go up once they are produced. $15(ish) postpaid is a great value for this type of deck!

~ Nathan

Nathan, you are so going to love the Kadar Pro you ordered! You are right, as to the potential that is locked away in this set - both the Kadar set and the Kadar cards!
Mad0hatter
View Profile
Regular user
188 Posts

Profile of Mad0hatter
Looks like it won't make the custom seal stretch goal, any chance they will come seal-less?
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Nathan is enjoying his lollypop as we speak!

Sorry I have not gotten the photos of the cases up yet, I have been so *** busy. You guys are going to go wild when you see them.
No need to fret about not getting the cases or any of the other stuff. The kickstarter is really about getting the cards funded.
After they are printed the cards themselves will be exclusively available from Magic Tao. Costos will also be selling the Tee-shirts, posters, coins and what have you. I will be selling the books and the leather wraps, and what amounts to the Elite sets. What I am trying to say, is that you will all be able to get all of the stuff from either Costas at Tao or from me at the Moon. As for the custom seal, well this was a stretch goal, but you will have to ask Costas about this one. Maybe a good idea to ask on the actual Kickstarter site. Although custom seals seem to go well with the circus theme, that kninda thing is a bit out of my league.

I was my aim to get both of the Jokers up on the kickstarter before closing time. Getting stuck into these has held me up on other stuff. But I am something of a perfectionist, and have drawn these two cards so many times and still feel that I am not quite there with the second joker. However, the final deck *will* have two jokers; a bad and good joker... er, double lift anyone Smile

Perhaps it is appropriate, as the jokers are the outsiders of the deck. Somehow it seems right that they are lurking around the back door.

Incidentally, the observant of you here have noticed that there are some little hidden cards, letters and numbers snuck in there for your conventional card forces and the like. This idea was kicked off by a pm I received asking for a particular card to be included, to go with a pet routine I would guess. These is still a little room on the other joker, if anyone has a particular something they would like snuck on there. But pleeeese, do not put up your request on an open forum, where is the fun in that? PM me on the Moon with any requests you may have.

Anyway, after a quick 'red label' and jalapeno nibble break, it is back to the workshop.

Stay tuned for the photos of the final cases tomorrow.

And with only a few hours left on the campaign, a BIG thank you for getting behind this and making it happen.

It is a bit awe inspiring to think that at least 5 thousand Kadar Decks (and projections are for far more than this) will be held and used across the world. I think Moonskin is going to be busy on this one!
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1593 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Awesome to see this close over the base goal of 10,000 at 12,613 !!
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Well that was exciting wasn't it?
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1783 Posts

Profile of Voodini
Quote:
On 2014-02-05 12:37, Christopher Gould wrote:
Well that was exciting wasn't it?

Were there any sleepless nights mid-way? Or did you just throw your lot in with the universe and place your trust in the infinite?! Smile
Voodini - cold reading, past life regressions, remote viewing, Q&A, palm reading, bizarre & seance...
www.readerofminds.co.uk
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
829 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Oh my .. just saw the new Moonskin cases for the K@dar Kards. Pray tell what is that little notepad on the back? Those curiously shaped pieces of paper could surely be used for something.
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
Quote:
On 2014-01-31 11:47, Balaram wrote:

And the final amount, on closing day, will be BP 10,123 Smile Bill Z.

Ah crap.
Just deleted Randi from my speed dial Smile
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Paul, the only thing that give me sleepless nights these days is a good Jalfrezi. Seriously, I already knew it would fund, and if it did not then it was because it should not. Writing four books may keep me awake a bit though! New years resolution was (a) not to die yet and (b) take it a bit more easy. At least I am keeping to the first one.
Chris - you should see these babies first hand - I can brag all I like about these, as I did not make them, but they are giving me a serious leather fetish, it is kinda like this.....

Bill - cause for us both to celebrate then!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Radak looks into his scrying mirror (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL