The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Spencer Tricks is coming to the US! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18666 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Yeah, I saw that! But it says zero stock too!
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
The Hornet by Spencer Tricks so which is better I sometimes do Captiv3 ?.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2395 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I would not say ones better than anther. There both really good. I like prohibition and now I like the Hornet just as good. I never played with Captiv3
smacks183
View Profile
Loyal user
247 Posts

Profile of smacks183
Received moloko. I am very satisfied. I can post more info later, but let me know if you have any questions.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2433 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On 2014-02-04 20:05, smacks183 wrote:
Received moloko. I am very satisfied. I can post more info later, but let me know if you have any questions.

I think this is very good. I use the effect a little differently but love it.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
SpencerTricks
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of SpencerTricks
Hi, IAIN.
I found this page too. I hope it helps.
http://www.freepostmagic.co.uk/index.php......r+tricks
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4932 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Jamie,
Yes I do own it. It is incredibly sensitive. I like the hand gimmick as opposed to the ear gimmick. This is much better.
James

Quote:
On 2014-01-30 13:48, Jamie D wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-01-27 23:35, Xiqual wrote:
Moloko is awesome! So sensitive. Can be done as a "which hand" or a kurosuke type effect. The candy looks like a tootsie roll.
Really great!
James

Do you own this by any chance? I've been watching this for a while now but would love to here from someone who owns it.

D
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
D_avid
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of D_avid
Moloko: Instead of doing it as Yas describes. Try pinching the gimmick as you hold the bag (trying to be vague due to the location of the thread). As they take the candy out of the bag, you immediatly know who to focus on. Now ditch, you're clean, and perform.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18666 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Yeah - I bought mine from freepost, got shipping info late last night...so hopefully I'll get it tomorrow or friday...
Gaffus Maximus
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of Gaffus Maximus
High Six looks a lot like the "floating card box" I've been doing for years. Trade shows, restaurants, bars, & street performances going back to the mid-1990s.... including the "walking away to take a sip of my drink (which always got a huge reaction because up to that point, a few folks in the audience occasionally believed the floating item was somehow attached to you). Michael Kaminskas used to do something similar to this as well. And of course, at the end, I would pluck the box (or borrowed item) out of the air and walk forward (through the area where it was previously floating) to hand out the item, if desired. Now I'm just wondering if anyone from this company (that's currently releasing this particular effect) ever saw me perform this and perhaps got some of these ideas (working with this static hook-up)... or they saw one of the few people I share this with perform it. Probably not, as I was surprised no one else hasn't stumbled upon this old method sooner... it's nice to see someone is releasing the idea back to the magic community as I'm not personally in the business of selling magic... although some friends are trying to talk me into releasing some unique ideas. Once any magician starts working with this idea, I'm certain most of you would have added the same touches after performing this so many times. The nice thing about this is although it's static... you could move the item just about anywhere & one hook-up could be used for an entire section of the room. 2 or 3 hook-ups could give you the ability to perform the effect anywhere in the room... especially when someone asks you to show a group something you did earlier... the last thing you want to do (if you're strolling) is ask everyone to follow you back to a "special part of the room". Performing this outdoors (where there's no ceiling) makes it seem even more impossible to a lay audience. Back in the 90's, I performed the levitation on the 50-yard line of a football field (using the goal posts, for those "in the know")... but it's probable that the "stuff" I used was different from what they're recommending today. At the end, it always got a standing ovation... especially if everyone was already standing! Just kidding... I have some close friends that use this illusion to close their stand-up shows. The illusion can be performed inches from their faces (depending upon your venue).
D_avid
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of D_avid
Quote:
On 2014-02-06 10:45, Gaffus Maximus wrote:
Now I'm just wondering if anyone from this company (that's currently releasing this particular effect) ever saw me perform this and perhaps got some of these ideas (working with this static hook-up)... or they saw one of the few people I share this with perform it.

Possibly if you travelled back in time and went to Japan Smile
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Hi all, anyone got this and played with it yet, The Hornet by Spencer Tricks? I like the look of this I have party coming up and my friend wants me to do Captiv3 and the bottle is only examinable after the effect,this one seems better because it looks like it can be examined before aswell,anyone?.
Gaffus Maximus
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Anything's possible Writer... especially in Japan. Smile

I did perform the "floating card box" ONCE when I was in Osaka, Japan for a few days (on my way to Korea for a 14-month stint back in 1993).
D_avid
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of D_avid
I was kidding of course! Yas is probably best at answering that one.
SpencerTricks
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of SpencerTricks
Hi, Gaffus Maximus.
I've never been to Osaka yet. I really wanna go there though because there's one of the biggest magic shop deals my products there.
So I've never seen your "Floating Card Box" performance, and more over, I have no idea who you are.

I got the ideas of "High-Six" about 4 years ago.

I'm a magic creator. I'm not stealing other magicians' trick bacause it's meaningless to me. It's not about money, but passion (or obsessions).

I have experienced similar case. I made the Matrix gimmick and routine named "KISS MATRIX" 5 years ago. That was the matrix routine using 5 plastic lips.
They're much thicker than coins, so it is clearly seen that they are under the cards. Then do the matrix routine. Here's the video (trick starts from 01:00).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O63HCpjdYc0

This video was dedicated to my friend Miss Matrix who was the Matrix expart. She had got cancer and was in the hospital. She had never seen my KISS MATRIX, so I filmed it and posted on YouTube because I thougt she had never seen that kinda matrix before. She got impressed and be so happy with it.

One day I found this DVD, and there's the trick called "BALL MATRIX" in it. The principle was exactly the same as my KISS MATRIX. Here's the video (the trick starts at 02:27).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boSu5MF0Grg

I have not released "KISS MATRIX" yet. Someone else got similar ideas and released earlier than me. That's it. It sometimes happens in the WORLD WE LIVE IN.
For me, "KISS MATRIX" is yet my original, and special trick with the memories of my friend MISS MATRIX.

I hope you understand. Thanks so much.
SpencerTricks
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of SpencerTricks
4 plastic lips. sorry.
SpencerTricks
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of SpencerTricks
Hi, Fire Starter(that's awesome name!).
Yes, the bottle is examinable before as well.
You can borrow the bottle if you want to (the bottle should be dried up inside though).
Thanks!
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
Deatsville - Holtville - Slapout, AL
949 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
Hornet has some interesting characteristics that are different than Prohibition such as the bottle is held more openly, but it loses some of its' punch as there is no retention of cap for the spectator to see.

Also, I did not like the blocking on the video where the hand drops down to the side for a short time before the closed hand is raised under the bottle.

I could see this version just coming down to personal preference which one you would want to use.

Look forward to seeing the reviews in the Tricks and Effects section.
Be remembered for performing what looks like MAGIC, not skill.
Gaffus Maximus
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

No worries here, SpencerTricks... I wasn't assuming anyone stole magic ideas. We often are inspired by magicians & ideas from the past to create new ways of presenting our magic... and since most of us study some of the same historical stuff, it's not surprising to me that folks will often independently create similar effects with similar ideas. In my opinion, it's good to share our ideas with others & it's nice to see where people take these ideas to create something new that others can enjoy. Cheers! Smile
SpencerTricks
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of SpencerTricks
Thanks, Gaffus.
I'm so happy now indeed.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Spencer Tricks is coming to the US! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL