The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Spencer Tricks is coming to the US! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
DigaMag
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
308 Posts

Profile of DigaMag
How about Thumb Sucker...? Any review about this.... Please help me... I'm interesting about that....
DigaMag
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
308 Posts

Profile of DigaMag
How about Thumb Sucker...? Any review about this.... Please help me... I'm interesting about that....
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Quote:
On 2014-02-05 00:34, Xiqual wrote:
Jamie,
Yes I do own it. It is incredibly sensitive. I like the hand gimmick as opposed to the ear gimmick. This is much better.
James

Quote:
On 2014-01-30 13:48, Jamie D wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-01-27 23:35, Xiqual wrote:
Moloko is awesome! So sensitive. Can be done as a "which hand" or a kurosuke type effect. The candy looks like a tootsie roll.
Really great!
James

Do you own this by any chance? I've been watching this for a while now but would love to here from someone who owns it.

D

Mine is not sensitive at all. I can barely feel it. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong but its hard to tell as the DVD isn't in English...not that I'm complaining but I just wasn't expecting that.
theoriginalman
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of theoriginalman
I received High Six and was wondering if anyone else is having a problem with the DVD being in Japanese only. I've tried to change the language on my DVD player but no joy. Once you view the set up then its pretty easy to understand but I feel that I’m missing some very important details because of the language. You will only need a few items, of course one being IT but nothing that you probably don’t have laying around the house. The trick itself is good. The setup only took 10-15 mins. max. including the “fine tuning” and once setup you could leave it..forever, as its out of the way until you need it. It would be easy to set this up in a few different locations around your house and be able to amaze at any moment. I like that you can take the bill and just walk away without any worry, and with good spectator management you could even allow the spec to take the bill. I haven’t checked out the bonus material, still trying to decipher the Japanese for the main trick.
D_avid
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of D_avid
Keep scrolling through the menu (to the right, I believe). You will find the explaination in English towards the end.
kevishu
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of kevishu
I assume Vino Sense and Moloko are the same, just different applications of the same gimmick. I have Vino Sense and am very disappointed in the reliability. Sometimes I can sense it, sometimes not at all. I've tried it in every possible orientation, even at extremely close proximity. Anyway, this is the only item from Spencer Tricks that I would give a thumbs down. High Six and Hornet are both good.
theoriginalman
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of theoriginalman
Thank you Writer I will try this Smile
DigaMag
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
308 Posts

Profile of DigaMag
I try to send a PM to Spencer trick about Thumb sucker but he didn't answer ... any review about this...? Please help me...
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
For Thumb Sucker you need an additional smoke gimmick which not included.
Carnac
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Carnac
I ordered Moloko today. Kind of took a chance as I have heard mixed reviews. I saw a clip of Derren Brown on TV doing this but with a coin. It was very good. Derren really knows how to get the most out of an effect and make it Really Entertaining.
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
I got the MOLOKO. It's just what I expected. However I wish to get the same gimmick candy shape as shown in demo. We are not familiar with Totsie roll candy.
Carnac
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Carnac
Well, I got Moloko 3 days ago. I wanted to wait till I could put some real time into it before giving my thoughts. At first I was disappointed. The gimmick was way too sensitive to be reliable. Sadly, three days later, I feel the same way. Not only is it too sensitive, sometime it just doesn't "happen". And this is just me sitting in my dining room. If you do this with actual spectators where you don't have complete control of the environment, I feel it would be unreliable. It works about 85% of the time, and that's not good enough for me. It's not a question of more practice, it's just too subtle to be practical. And you certainly don't want to have to go back to the spectators a 2nd or 3rd time. It would scream the method. I'm bummed. I really like the effect and therefore really wanted it to be reliable. I don't think it should have been put to market in it's current way.
Carnac
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Carnac
Indo magic: they discuss on the dvd how to reshape the "candy". It's an odd dvd to navigate. I think the guy filmed it on his cell phone in his dorm.
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
Hi Carnac

Yes, they explain how to reshape, but there is disadvantage of using your own gimmick as he explained on the DVD.
Carnac
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Carnac
I saw that on the DVD. They were just talking about the weight issue if I remember correctly. I don't think it's a big deal. Especially because each spectator is just taking one candy, so it's not like they are comparing candies. I think it's an easy fix. And also, it's not like people know "correct candy weight". They have better things to think about! lol
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
Yes it's the weight different, and he also explained the gimmick will be movingdown after a while. I also feel make the gimmick from regular candy will not lasting long. Frankly I never try make my own gimmick candy. But really I wish he give the same gimmick as shown on the video.
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
I finally received vino sense, the only issue is the DVD will not play on my Mac..?! Anyone else have this issue? I ordered from penguin so everything is legit as far as where it came from. Any help is greatl appreciated.
Twitter @darjames
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Spencer Tricks is coming to the US! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL