The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Hand lotion? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chris.Z
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Chris.Z
So, I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico (yes it's a state Smile and I am looking for reccomendations for something to keep the hands from turning into reptile skin year around. Ideally something that smells a little more manly than "Baby night time lotion" which we have in abundance in this house. Maybe something over the counter so I'm not ordering custom blends by Dr. Lector in Romania or something too exotic. Gold Bond maybe? Just wondering if anyone else has this issue, and or solutions/reccomendations.
Thanks!
mdspark
View Profile
Special user
784 Posts

Profile of mdspark
O'Keefe's Working Hands...Ace Hardware, Lowes and online of course. Cant recommend this highly enough..meets all of your criteria...Thank me later.. Smile
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Do a search and you'll get topics and topics filled with recommendations and discussion.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1452 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
I use O'Keefe's Working Hands regularly. Excellent product.

Ray
Mentalism in Ontario.
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Golden Tear was Marlo's favorite.
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Chris,

If you're looking for something that will leave just a little bit of "tackiness" to help with card manipulation, "Chamberlain Golden Touch Lotion" would be hard to beat.

Regards, Steve
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
You'll probably end up trying a number of different items to find the best for your skin. Different people have different skin tack and levels of dryness, etc..., so something that works great for you won't for someone else.

For example, some find Cornhuskers Lotion great, but it just doesn't do the trick for me.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
ftlum
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, CA
730 Posts

Profile of ftlum
I've tried quite a few-- Golden Touch, cornhuskers, etc. For improving one's grip, without making the cards sticky, Vagasil actually works the best for me.
ncsteve
View Profile
Veteran user
North Carolina
313 Posts

Profile of ncsteve
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2014, ftlum wrote:
I've tried quite a few-- Golden Touch, cornhuskers, etc. For improving one's grip, without making the cards sticky, Vagasil actually works the best for me.

I agree vagisil is by far the best thing I've ever tried for my hands especially for coin work.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I tried Vagisil - didn't work at all for me. Go figure.
pf70ds
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of pf70ds
What is good for wet hands?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Hand lotion? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL