The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Buy loops or make them yourself ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Enigmatum
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Enigmatum
Everything is in the title. Which one's better (based on price and durability)
Bulla
View Profile
Special user
Honolulu, HI
673 Posts

Profile of Bulla
I prefer to just tie them myself.
liormk
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of liormk
If you make them yourself, just don't make the same mistake I did - make sure you're buying the elastic kind.
Very frustrating trying to make loops from a non elastic thread.
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1310 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
Going to point out the obvious but buy the best thread you can to make them. Also play around with length it may surprise you what a little more or less can do.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7041 Posts

Profile of bowers
For sure it's a lot cheaper to make
them yourself.And as said above.You
can custom make them to fit your style.
Todd
gostone23
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of gostone23
I just recieved Subdivided Studios' Legacy Emergency Kit for tieing IET Bands (aka Loops) and it makes it soo easy. I think its like $40 (and comes with a spool of thread) but if you intend to use IET Bands a lot then this is the way to go. It teaches you a super easy way to tie your own bands. I watched the DVD once and then again with thread in hand and was able to tie a dozen bands in like 30 mins during that sitting. I'm sure I would get faster and faster the more I tied. I just felt like a dozen was good amount to start with and practice some tricks. It is a great method.

Not having experience with any other thread, the Legacy thread that the kit comes with seems great so far. It's strong, hard to see and very elastic. I have a spool of Yigal Mesika's thread waiting on the sideline. I bought it awhile ago and was never able to tie IET bands until now. So, when I run through my legacy thread I will probably try it but I don't have a comparison as of yet. I will also look into buying a larger spool of legacy thread as it works really well so far in practice (I freaked my daughter out levitating an index card...it was great).

So, if you want to get into IET Bands (aka Loops)I whole heartedly recommend tieing your own and using the Legacy Emergency kit to get started.

Subdivided Studios also offer the Trinity System which I don't have any experience with but I cannot imagine how the tieing bands can get any easier. Maybe someone else can speak about it...

Anyways, My .02.

-Robert
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
890 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
I strongly recommend you tie your own. I own both the Legacy Emergency kit and the Trinity System. Both products work fine, but I use the Trinity System more often since I can tie any size band with more precision. Good luck.
Sebashtion H.
View Profile
Special user
600 Posts

Profile of Sebashtion H.
Thank you gostone23 and whiteoakcanyon for your kind words on our Products!!!!!
sorry been away for a bit but Im back!!!!!!!

tying your own is the smart thing to do, specialy if you are new to IET and going to break thread over and over. this way you tie your bands and if you break them your not going to break the bank learning tention of the IET and give up before you are creating miricals!!!!
Sebashtion H.
Start Your Legacy!!!
www.subdividedstudios.com
silvercup
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of silvercup
Anything you can make yourself is something you should make yourself, IMHO.
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
I use the Trinity System as well and find these very easy to make. I usually will crank out a bunch in one sitting so I am stocked for awhile.

Dan.
MagicFett
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of MagicFett
I make my own but if you can justify the cost just buy them less hassle. I found that when I make my own I tend to be more risky with them because breakage is not a big deal.
MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
I pretty much swear by the LEK.
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not, none will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."Hebrews 13:2
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1577 Posts

Profile of Ihop
I want to share so others don't make the same mistake.
I purchased 5 bands from a China website for $2.50.
For that price, I wanted to give it a try.
Big mistake. The bands (loops) break very easy. This happens when I do the stretching setup.
I also have Mesika's loops and they are much much better but I feel way overpriced, which is why I was looking for cheaper alternatives.

Even though the Mesika loops last longer, I sometimes forget I have it on and I lose or break them when I change shirts, sweaters.
After a while, $2.50 each adds up.
I have the Trinity System and some IET. I also have "Million Dollar Knot". I will soon try to make my own.
Smile
Ihor
Matt Chalk
View Profile
Regular user
New Zealand
166 Posts

Profile of Matt Chalk
Yet another vote for the "Trinity System"

Once of the best IE products of all time, in my opinion
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Buy loops or make them yourself ? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL