The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Palm Readers ... It's all in your mind ..REALLY!!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
BEFORE I GIVE A PALM READING I LIKE TO WORK SOME OF THIS INFORMATION INTO THE PRE-READING.... It is a great convincer that our "MIND" controls the actual wrinkles and ridges in our hand.....Since our mind can literally change the physical formation in our hand, it is totally possible that it is constantly changing and in flux our entire lives!

http://www.scientificamerican.com/articl......-a-bath/
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
Luv it. I actually use suggestion to get them to see the lines in their hands changing to form the number and suite of a card they thought of.
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3825 Posts

Profile of The Curator
More, when I take my bath in company of a nice clad girl, my fingers become also sticky like a gecko's toes...
Evolution for sure, I must be a X-Man.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5941 Posts

Profile of george1953
Interesting,but my wife can grip a 50 pound note just as well whether her fingers are wet or dry Smile
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
If this is true then a dead body thrown into the water would NOT prune up.... Is that true?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
I have never stuck around long enough to find out ! Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5941 Posts

Profile of george1953
We need to ask Weepinwill, I am sure he has the answer.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I can make a few calls and find out I guess..... Smile
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
I don't think you need a corpse to find out, as fun as that might be; if you read the whole article it mentions that certain people with nerve damage in their hands didn't experience the wrinkling, proving it was controlled by the autonomous nervous system, and not just a result of water seeping into the outer layer of skin.

Clever tie-in, Slim.
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Yes .. I read the entire article .. That's why I suggested the dead body experiment to assure that the concept is valid... Smile
Though it might help Sherlock Holmes types in criminal investigation.
ZoOpDoG
View Profile
Veteran user
All the cool people have
311 Posts

Profile of ZoOpDoG
I think if you are "dead in the water" you swell and then the skin on your fingers comes off. I think its called degloving. I don't know if it wrinkles first or not because the blood vessels constrict but the gasses make you bloat. Someone with access to a cadaver could put their hand in a bowl of water and let us know maybe. It would also answer if that will make you pee post mortem, which I'm sure everyone has wondered about for a while.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On 2014-02-05 18:25, ZoOpDoG wrote:
I think if you are "dead in the water" you swell and then the skin on your fingers comes off. I think its called degloving. I don't know if it wrinkles first or not because the blood vessels constrict but the gasses make you bloat. Someone with access to a cadaver could put their hand in a bowl of water and let us know maybe. It would also answer if that will make you pee post mortem, which I'm sure everyone has wondered about for a while.
ROTFLMAO ....
Aymeric de Veyrac
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of Aymeric de Veyrac
Great article, thanks Slim King.

From that article, it's more the genetic programmation that influence the wrinkles and ridges that our mind (else we will be able to choose whether or not we would like to activate that function under water ?)

I'll use it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Palm Readers ... It's all in your mind ..REALLY!!!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL