The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Help finding UK gaff 50p/£2 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicmerlz
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of magicmerlz
Hi all

A couple of years ago I attended the LADS convention in the UK and saw a coin gaff that was a £2 on one side and then cleverly machined in such a way that the opposite side was shaped and designed to look like a 50p piece. I cant remember the dealer name that I saw it with but I have been unable to find it despite searching. Can anyone help?

For anyone reading this who is not familiar with UK coins the £2 coin is round and the 50p has 7 sides...it was a very nice gaff.

Regards

Matt
David Fillary
View Profile
Special user
662 Posts

Profile of David Fillary
That sounds like just the coin I wished was in existence! I hope you get a response for this!
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1477 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Eddie Gibson perhaps?
"But there isn't a door"
tomollason
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of tomollason
boydy
View Profile
Special user
Ayrshire, Scotland
881 Posts

Profile of boydy
Don't understand was this a copper/silver type coin or was the £2 machined in to accommodate a 50p?
boydy
View Profile
Special user
Ayrshire, Scotland
881 Posts

Profile of boydy
Was the gaff machined out to fit a 50p over it? Was is sold as a separate item? Sound like the gaff fits over the 50p and the £2 could be shimmed so a transformation could take place.

More details if you can merlz.

I have a gaff 50p as you describe to hide a 2p or 10p.
Nunhunter
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Nunhunter
I've not seen a £2 version, but Ninja Coins (http://www.magicshop.co.uk/p1566/Ninja_Coin_Set/product_info.html) uses a similar gaff with the nice addition of the hole
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Help finding UK gaff 50p/£2 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL