The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Nakamura-Carlsen (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Top American chess player Hikaru Nakamura was beating the holy crap out of world champion Magnus Carlsen, but blundered about 8 minutes before the time control to let Carlsen off the hook. Game is still going, but Nakamura definitely lost his advantage and if anything, may be losing now, despite having an extra knight. Great game...there's a live feed with commentary on chess.com, but I don't know if you have to be a member to see it.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On 2014-02-01 12:48, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Top American chess player Hikaru Nakamura was beating the holy crap out of world champion Magnus Carlsen, but blundered about 8 minutes before the time control to let Carlsen off the hook. Game is still going, but Nakamura definitely lost his advantage and if anything, may be losing now, despite having an extra knight. Great game...there's a live feed with commentary on chess.com, but I don't know if you have to be a member to see it.


I was about to post. As one of the commentators noted, "chess is a cruel game".

Yesterday Anand had a comfortable position against Nakamura and the tables turned on one move. Looks like Caissa is intent on messing with young Hikaru.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Image
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Carlsen wasn't only dead - the first couple of shovels' worth of dirt had landed on the casket.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Carlsen in the post-game interview said that if there isn't a direct win, then just play the game one move at a time. Sounds so easy when he says it.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
As my most frequent tournament/match opponent once said, "Nobody ever won by resigning."
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On 2014-02-01 15:53, LobowolfXXX wrote:
As my most frequent tournament/match opponent once said, "Nobody ever won by resigning."


As a class-player, I frequently noted that my opponents (and sometime I too) resigned way too early. You should expect weakies like me to spoil "won" positions.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2014-02-01 16:00, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-02-01 15:53, LobowolfXXX wrote:
As my most frequent tournament/match opponent once said, "Nobody ever won by resigning."


As a class-player, I frequently noted that my opponents (and sometime I too) resigned way too early. You should expect weakies like me to spoil "won" positions.


I know I do it all the time. As Nakamura showed us today (and better players than he have showed us historically), it happens to the best of 'em. Chess games aren't won; they're lost.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Nakamura-Carlsen (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL