The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » The Haunted Key (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
JeffreyMichael1127
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of JeffreyMichael1127
Hey guys, Does anyone still break out the "The Haunted Key." I first gave up on this because, I felt it was so so basic and easy that no one would be fooled by it. Some years later, I brought it back out. And I realized it is not the sleight that makes the trick...it is the presentation that you build around it. I think I will incorporate this into my walkaround/bar routines. I make the key appear magically....tell a cool tale....make the key turnover in my hand, possibly spectator's also...then vanish it (using one of your favorite vanishes). I think it may be a keeper. Does anyone else still use this oldie, but goodie???
Motley Mage
View Profile
Special user
572 Posts

Profile of Motley Mage
I carry this in my pocket at all times. I recently did an outdoor walkaround where it was actually one of the biggest hits. You are absolutely right that it is the presentation that makes this--or any trick--go from ho-hum to mystifying. I find that when done at its best, I don't even realize that I am making it do its thing--it almost DOES seem to move on its own. That's when the micromovements involved in making it work really seem most magical.
Mr. Danny
View Profile
Loyal user
North Central Louisiana
249 Posts

Profile of Mr. Danny
Yes, I agree with Montley, Packs small Plays BIG!
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
British Columbia
1419 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
Works for me. It's a great effect if the presentation is right.

Ray
EnterTRAINment at its best. Keeping the Magic Alive in Northern BC
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I used to have SO much fun with this but haven't touched it in years. I'll have to dig it out and play some more.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8363 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
****************PLUS**********************

While you have the KEY "on stage", and the "mood" is right, you can segue into Jack Tillar's "BLISTER"! (cf.: TARBELL, Vol.7 page 379)

(Another off beat effect that gets away from the "standard stuff"!!!!!

I inherited an "ancient" key from my first mentor, Stuart Ross, in 1950. That key "makes it" !

Oh...PS... Remember the old "Sex Detector"? It's so ancient that very few have ever seen it. (Hang key on shoe lace or similar oord, and dangle it over person's palm.) It will swing "back and forth" in an (almost) straight line over a man's hand, and in a circle over a lady's hand.

I love it when a prop can 'double' --or, in this case, 'triple'!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
RajeshLGov
View Profile
Regular user
India
149 Posts

Profile of RajeshLGov
I still use the key regularly n make it turn on a spectators hand. Got good reactions till date Smile Best wishes- Raj.
hankinsk
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of hankinsk
Have you seen the new haunted key by Buma. It is a key in the shape of a skeleton. I think it is really cool so take look at it

http://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/bumas-t......ttyPhoto
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2365 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I have mine on my daily key chain and use it with the OTL it gets great reactions and they get to keep your biz card.
Magic_son
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Magic_son
Not only use it, but love it, I always give it to people to hold before the actual trick, so they have handled it, it makes it that much more magicial.
TCB
View Profile
Loyal user
I am so happy to be promoted because of my
210 Posts

Profile of TCB
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2014, hankinsk wrote:
Have you seen the new haunted key by Buma. It is a key in the shape of a skeleton. I think it is really cool so take look at it

http://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/bumas-t......ttyPhoto

This one seems like a really cool one to have. Looks like it's worth every penny of the 150.00
There Is No Revolution Without Evolution
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
I built an entire act with skeleton keys. Wouldn't think about not having it on me. I am presently working on the key turning over on a table just like in the hand. Should be ready to test drive in a couple of weeks.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
RajeshLGov
View Profile
Regular user
India
149 Posts

Profile of RajeshLGov
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2014, Steven Conner wrote:
I built an entire act with skeleton keys. Wouldn't think about not having it on me. I am presently working on the key turning over on a table just like in the hand. Should be ready to test drive in a couple of weeks.

Would love to c the performance. All the Best.
TCB
View Profile
Loyal user
I am so happy to be promoted because of my
210 Posts

Profile of TCB
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2014, Steven Conner wrote:

Would love to see it also. Can you post it on You Tube when you finish cracking the code?
There Is No Revolution Without Evolution
Machina
View Profile
Elite user
402 Posts

Profile of Machina
Question:
I found myself on an older Magicians website. He was turning his key, which lay diagonally across his hand. Does anyone know who this magician is? A long shot I know...
This "has nothing to do with the Magician who doesn't like Rock n Roll!" Corinda

www.mechanicsofthemind.com
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:
On Jul 23, 2014, Machina wrote:
Question:
I found myself on an older Magicians website. He was turning his key, which lay diagonally across his hand. Does anyone know who this magician is? A long shot I know...

If you were on his website, shouldn't you know who he is?
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Now I will answer your question...not such a long shot for me since I have been using this key and method for many years (I paid 12 bucks when I bought it:) -

E. Raymond Carlyle - The Mental Key
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1779 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
Remember the slower the better
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Lebanon Circle also have a nice key and routine called The Haunted Inns of England !
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
791 Posts

Profile of Rook
I just picked up the Fun Inc Haunted Key. It's self contained, clean, and begs to be part of a larger routine. However much I like the effect, however, it still looks a bit like something I've purchased at a magic store. Any tips for aging this thing without messing with its er....attributes?

Many thanks!
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » The Haunted Key (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL