The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » The Haunted Key (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
What is it made of , if its brass its easy. Just put a rag soaked in acetone in a plastic bag and put the key in the bag and leave it overnight. The fumes from the acetone will stain the key.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
791 Posts

Profile of Rook
Hmrn...a brass version sounds very nice (and that's a great tip for staining that I'll store away for some of my other props). However, for my purposes, I kind of wanted to go cheap. My key is apparently stainless steel. There are aging compounds that you can pick up at the craft store, but the last time I used it, it affected the texture of the object. Something that I fear may negatively impact this key.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
See my post above for the best key available...and it is already aged...and it comes with Carlyle's routine!

"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
791 Posts

Profile of Rook
After doing a bit of research regarding what would end up an experience of trial and error, your key seems like a pretty good deal. Just ordered it!
-Tom
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
dannywu
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of dannywu
Osterlind has some great philosophies regarding the mental approaches towards the Haunted key in his book making real magic, and his DVDs and 2nd Penguin lecture. Highly recommended!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » The Haunted Key (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL