The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Johnson Cups Special (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
590 Posts

Profile of karnak
Quote:
On May 1, 2014, Pete Biro wrote:
IMHO Personally, I think a large load, like a lacrosse ball, (unless you are using a pouch) is to big to handle deceptively. Smile

For a final load, what do you personally favor or recommend instead?
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I use Fab Fruit, lemon, potato and tomato. Easy to get out of pocket and load. See my routine at www.pete-biro.com and scroll down on 'pete on tv'.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
590 Posts

Profile of karnak
I've been wanting to get some Fab Fruit myself, but Michael Ammar is all sold out of it (again). After being out of stock for ages, he got a new manufacturer to create a limited supply of some new and improved stock (with a sizable price increase, at $25 apiece now), and it apparently went in no time (despite what his website states about its current availability). I had an email exchange with a staffer there, and according to her another batch won't be available until June.

So, I thought I'd pick up some cheap lacrosse balls to use as final loads in the meantime. Alas, I seem to be having no better luck with finding lacrosse balls that actually fit my PF cups than I am at obtaining Fab Fruit.

(I previously viewed your TV performance at your website. Great stuff!)
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1078 Posts

Profile of BCS
Karnak... Don't give up, I had to go to a couple of sporting good stores to find lacrosse balls that would fit my PF Cups. its been mentioned before, but dollar stores and pet stores sometimes have some finds for balls. There is nothing wrong with buying real limes either... LOL.

Good luck,
Bruce
Kbuck54
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of Kbuck54
I used to have a real nice set of Silver and gold engraved cups. I never used them as I was afraid of scratching them, so I sold them for a hefty profit and bought a working set.
Keith
SHAZAM!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
USE SOME REAL LEMONS
Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1078 Posts

Profile of BCS
Kbuck54... I am being nosey, what is your working set of Cups now?

Thanks,
Bruce
Kbuck54
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of Kbuck54
BCS, ALLuminum Don Allen CUps.
Keith
SHAZAM!
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
590 Posts

Profile of karnak
So, does anyone have any used Fab Fruit that they might be willing to part with?

Or Bill -- if you find you have more size-tested, Paul-Fox-cups-fitting lacrosse balls than you need, and if you'd like to sell a set of three (I'd even pay a premium for the size-testing process), please let me know!
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1078 Posts

Profile of BCS
Keith... Thanks for sharing... you can't go wrong with a Don Alan Chop Cup.

Take care,
Bruce
Kbuck54
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of Kbuck54
Bruce...
Yea, I just ordered a new set of Brett Sherwood balls, for my Don Alan cups. The dog got a hold of the last set I had. I love those balls. LOL
Keith
SHAZAM!
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1078 Posts

Profile of BCS
Keith... Yep, I found my dogs can't pass up wanting to play ball.
Yes the Sherwood balls are pretty nice as well as the RNT2 offerings. I like green balls with aluminum Cups for some reason... white just looks too washed out.

Take care,
Bruce
Kbuck54
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of Kbuck54
I use The Blue/Silver sparkle balls with matching load ball for my three cup(black chrome) set and Red sparkle for chop cup. The wieght just seems right with the B.S. balls. RNT2 are also good.
Keith
SHAZAM!
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1078 Posts

Profile of BCS
Keith... I have the Blue/Silver sparkle as well that I use with a chrome set... a set of White/Silver I use with my black chrome set; they pop with those cups... green close-up mat dark suite.

Bruce
Kbuck54
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of Kbuck54
Great minds.....
Green mat also.
Take care.
Keith
SHAZAM!
kennyka
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of kennyka
I'm glad I'm not the only one who's experienced dogs behaving badly with cups and balls. I have a black lab and she's ball crazy. I can't practice at all with her in the room for fear. She sits and waits just in case a ball hits the floor. Kenny
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1078 Posts

Profile of BCS
Yep... we have a Westie that does the same. If a ball rolls under a chair or the couch it is funny to watch him go after it. Westies were bred to go after small rodents... he goes after the balls like a dog possessed.

Take care,
Bruce
MGordonB
View Profile
Loyal user
227 Posts

Profile of MGordonB
Hi
I've been looking for interesting balls to use for C&B. Have settled on hacky sack balls for final loads - these are knit covered beanbags so they are very quiet. Still looking for starter balls, I don't really like the standard red ones.

MGB
Kbuck54
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of Kbuck54
MgordonB,
For good balls, try Rings & Things.
Keith
SHAZAM!
MGordonB
View Profile
Loyal user
227 Posts

Profile of MGordonB
Thanks Keith

I agree that RNT has beautiful stuff. This would be an international order for me, by the time the exchange rate, duties and shipping were factored in I'd've looking at a priciest of balls. That said, I haven't yet seen anything nicer, so I might bite the bullet on this one.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Johnson Cups Special (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.31 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL