The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Super Bowl (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8663 Posts

Profile of harris
Our Pastor's sermon was called first and ten.

Both quarterbacks are believers.

Love brother Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2256 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
I like it when pastors theme their sermons around events. Yesterday, my pastor got a good laugh when I asked him if his sermon would be themed around Ground Hog's Day.
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8663 Posts

Profile of harris
Hmm although I am not a pastor a counselor I use stories my teens might relate to. Occasionally one will ask, Mr deutsch could you explain your metaphor.

Regarding Groundhogs day. February 2nd. Do we really need a ground hog to tell us when winter
Ends.

Regarding the movie, I know sometimes I can repeat the same thing, thinking it will be different This time.
We learn much from the Bible. The people, including the wise and not so wise always got a reminder from God.

I also get convicted.

Give me Jesus ..not "Pon...Phil" or Barabas.
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
Russo
View Profile
Special user
755 Posts

Profile of Russo
In the early 50s my Grandfather(a Pastor) took me to a father/son Banquet- THE SPEAKER WAS the CURRENT FOOTBALL STAR- he had available(Grandpa bought me one) a BOOK written by many current SPORT STARS and their Christian WITNESS _- this is something we need NOW by the current SPORT-Movie-TV-Music STARS if any??(Christian??). I often wonder if any Pastor confronted any Stars in their Congreation who performs IMORAL music-tv-movie - or- is their $$$$ more important that their SOUL and the SOULs of the ones they influence?? (I've Preached enough!!). Ralph (russo)Rousseau
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1829 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Our home church in Arizona is pastored by the chaplain of the Phoenix Suns and chaplain to several major league baseball teams when they are in Arizona for spring training. Our executive pastor and founder of the church happens to be Andre Wadsworth. Andre was the number three overall draft pick in the 1998 NFL draft, right after Peyton Manning & Ryan Leaf. He is also the highest draft pick of any player from Florida State. So yesterday Andre spoke about using your influence. It doesn't matter if we are an NFL star, a magician, A bookkeeper or a waitress. We all have influence. He also shared the history of the church. It started with a bible study of 12 Arizona Cardinals players.

We truly like when churches are relevant in today's matters as long as they preach the truth. Last year's Super Bowl Sunday our church had Tim Tebow.
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8663 Posts

Profile of harris
Amen
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
Jeffini
View Profile
New user
Atlanta
52 Posts

Profile of Jeffini
Sounds great! When I was in youth ministry in Dallas in the 1980's, we were blessed to have several Dallas Cowboy players volunteer to help with our youth group. Working with the young people blessed them and they had a lot of influence on the students.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Super Bowl (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL