The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "H.O.T.O.A.C." by Ben Blau (Hands-off Think of Any Card) (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1466 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
Hi Everyone!

I know many of you have been waiting patiently to see this, but for those who may not be aware of my upcoming video release, it's one of a few different card-based mentalism effects I am teaching. It is a direct mindreading piece intended mainly for parlor and social performances. Here is a link to the performance:

http://youtu.be/6Q7xUyy1HD0

This will be bundled with my Polygraph routine, plus some surprises I haven't mentioned yet.

I hope you enjoy it!

-Ben
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1466 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
Quote from John Carey:

"Bens hands off think of a card is a beautifully conceived piece of mental deception. The presentation is so engaging and the effect is truly a five star fooler. On this download Ben not only explains how his devious mind rolls with this piece, but also shares additional material that will enlighten you and inspire you"!
Christ80
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of Christ80
That's awesome
waiting now for learning this Smile

Chris
Charliehuang
View Profile
New user
Taipei, Taiwan
75 Posts

Profile of Charliehuang
I like this. Can't wait to learn it!
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2070 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi All,

Ben is a very clever individual and this looks like real mind reading. Definitely on my list of "things to get".

Regards, Steve
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4754 Posts

Profile of landmark
It really doesn't matter how Ben does it. I'm sure you can find your own method, there are a million ways. But what Ben has handed to you in his video--free!--is a beautiful performance of a very well thought out presentation. Free! So, Ben to thank you, I'll be buying this in payment of the video. Anything else you might throw in--like your method--is a bonus.
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1466 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
Thank you! I think the real value of these routines comes in terms of their structure, which works synergistically with the more "secret" parts of the methods involved. I hope that is something that potential buyers take away from this.
mattH
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of mattH
The question is when? For this and polygraph? And how? By download? And how much, the question is not if
NFW
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1050 Posts

Profile of NFW
Thanks for that Ben.
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1466 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
They will be available together via download. No price has been determined as of yet, but we should know very soon.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11713 Posts

Profile of John C
Can't see how. Nice routine. Very nice.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
espmagic
View Profile
Special user
859 Posts

Profile of espmagic
Ben's method and performance is fantastic! I have been patiently wringing my hands, and am still holding my breath...

Great job!

Lee
jjsanvert
View Profile
Special user
Paris, France
585 Posts

Profile of jjsanvert
Very good!
JJS
tenchu
View Profile
Special user
Europe
908 Posts

Profile of tenchu
Great stuff!

Mike
Michael Zarek
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
912 Posts

Profile of Michael Zarek
Don't mean to hate on anybody but can someone explain to me how is that better/simpler/more usefull than a simple f***e or p**k?
Reader discretion is advised.
a brown 1968
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of a brown 1968
That is a fair question to raise Stubbs .

For as yet it is not clear what the performing conditions are for this effect . Can it be done with a borrowed deck , is there a small or large set up , how careful do the spectators need to be managed given that the performer turns ways when providing instructions .

Often it is the performers who are more excited about a method than the spectator . As performers we see a spectator merely think of one card of many they hold and then a method allows us to divine that card. This causes a buzz ... The question is - will a spectator find this more amazing than handing you his own borrowed shuffled deck , he peeks a card and then you go into reading his mind with no further process .

I feel both have there place . I published a ACAAN routine for mentalists it is far removed than a standard name a card , name a number and voila effect done . Yet my longer routine plays very well .

Ben's effect is the same, you have to know when it is the best time to perform it

Andrew
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11713 Posts

Profile of John C
I have probably once, by a ten year old kid, been asked to use their deck. Not a problem.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
LoveKey1988
View Profile
Elite user
443 Posts

Profile of LoveKey1988
This is a great effect and I am really curious about the method but I had the same tought as stubbs360. How is it better...than a peek or a force? The spectator will think they had a free choice anyway.

I don't know but this plays out very nice anyway. If I am impressed a layman will be impressed for sure.
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1466 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
Quote:
On 2014-02-04 08:18, stubbs360 wrote:
Don't mean to hate on anybody but can someone explain to me how is that better/simpler/more usefull than a simple f***e or p**k?

I personally think that it's inherently stronger when a spectator can just think of any card he wants while holding the cards in his own hands (which he gets to shuffle before and after, all while my back is turned), compared to any f**ce or p**k I've ever seen.

Don't misunderstand me -- I use those techniques as well when they are the more appropriate choice to meet a specific performance criterion. But in this trick, I enjoy taking my time, and letting the conditions speak for themselves.
LoveKey1988
View Profile
Elite user
443 Posts

Profile of LoveKey1988
Quote:

I personally think that it's inherently stronger when a spectator can just think of any card he wants while holding the cards in his own hands (which he gets to shuffle before and after, all while my back is turned), compared to any f**ce or p**k I've ever seen.

That is true Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "H.O.T.O.A.C." by Ben Blau (Hands-off Think of Any Card) (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL