The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "H.O.T.O.A.C." by Ben Blau (Hands-off Think of Any Card) (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Still download problems...
seneca77
View Profile
Loyal user
Tampa Bay, Florida
201 Posts

Profile of seneca77
Just purchased it through PayPal, no problems with the download on my end. Very seamless process. I just finished watching the first third of the video (H.O.T.O.A.C. and Polygraph demonstrations and explanation) and am very impressed so far.

Good production quality, thorough explanation, attention to detail. Looking forward to watching the rest of it.

- Bob
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2014, landmark wrote:
Still download problems...

You can click "Save link as" on the email link

Downloading here Smile , I will let you know my opinions about the product.

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1751 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
Landmark - I've sent you a PM .
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2014, Patrick Redford wrote:
Landmark - I've sent you a PM .

Sent you a PM.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
All good now. Thanks for the help.
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Ben,

Finished the download a while ago and have only had time to watch "Polygraph." The first words that came to mind were "simply elegant." The routining is splendid (I'm not at all surprised) and will have volunteers shaking their heads in wonder. If the other effects are even close to this, you have a monster hit with this release. Congratulations!

Regards, Steve
Thaumaturge
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Thaumaturge
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2014, yachanin wrote:
Hi Ben,

Finished the download a while ago and have only had time to watch "Polygraph." The first words that came to mind were "simply elegant." The routining is splendid (I'm not at all surprised) and will have volunteers shaking their heads in wonder. If the other effects are even close to this, you have a monster hit with this release. Congratulations!

Regards, Steve

Completely agree Steve! Elegant is most definitely the word (not grease). Towards the end there is an equally elegant impromptu effect using a borrowed deck - I like that a lot!
Thaumaturge
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
I've watched the first half now, and here is a brief preliminary mini-review. If folks feel this needs to go downstairs I'll delete and start something new there.

So, a while back I posted that I wasn't really that interested in what Ben's specific method was. I could think of several ways to do his effects before viewing the video, as you probably could too. That said, if you dismiss this video because you feel you know the method, you will miss how to turn a simple card trick into a brain-crushing experience for a participant. I see this as a valuable video that could make all my mentalism stronger--if I pay attention and apply the lessons! What I've seen Ben teach so far, explicitly and implicitly besides his method, are the following key skills:

*Cancellation of methods
*Changing the moment of the revelation
*The importance of clever scripting
*How to take a simple method and make it strong by analyzing its weaknesses and planning in advance for problems
*How to set up a premise
*How to present in a manner that suggests that this is about what happens between two minds, not about doing card tricks

I got the same kind of feeling watching Ben explain his work as I did when I saw the first Osterlind Mind Mystery or Cassidy videos long ago. The real secrets of mentalism were not about the latest sleight or electronics, but how to affect your audience's minds and perceptions.

Bonus: the magic library in the background are real books unlike in the L&L tapes. Catch the signed picture of Kreskin too.
LoveKey1988
View Profile
Elite user
443 Posts

Profile of LoveKey1988
Alright! I have just finished watching The Ben Blau Project!

Let me start by saying that this project was more than worth it for me to buy. I was not in the least dissapointed.

Having said that here's what I liked and what I did not like as much.

Polygraph - a killer lie detection routine

This is killer and I can't believe I was fooled by it. And that's because I had thoughts about the principle used in this and I used it but not in the way Ben used it and he completely fooled me. And when he said the method I could not believe I did not catch it. But I guess even when you know the principle you can be fooled with it by a master.

This is great and I wanna thank you Ben for coming with such a great effect using this principle.

Having said that, the first peek did not fool me at all. The "Whoever came up with that is a genius" bit was hilarious but I just was not fooled. You did provide some additional ways to get the peek and I liked the last one the most but I will still be thinking if I am able to find a better one.

HOTOAC - Hand's Off Think of Any Card

Another one who just flied past me even if I knew the principle but did not use it for such a great effect ever. This one is great and so many possibilities. I also like the subtetlies.

E.C.F. - Easy Card Force - This is just brillian really. No more words I like this a lot. Its one of those: "How I did not think of that?" things.

I'll Show You Mine if You Show Me Yours - a powerful "do as I do" coincidence - Great effect using the E.C.F. I liked it.

B.B. False Cut - a utility multiple false table cut that will be of interest

This is cool to have in your arsenal. Not necesarily great. But good.

For the rest of the effects who use the principle I have to say I did not really like them. I just think there are better methods for acomplishing a similar effect. And even with what you said that the method has to appeal to you. I do think that a better method appeals to me in this cases. Maybe if they are changed and more thought put into them then they would appeal to me but not in this stage for reasons I won't go into.

However now that I have seen how great the principle you are using is I think I will be using it a lot more and E.C.F, Polygraph and HOTOAC are going straight into my arsenal.

Thanks a lot Ben Blau and Patrick Redford.

Regards, Marian
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
I am having some troubles.

I can download the file, I have already tried downloading it 10 times, and all times, it stops on different parts

Ex. 873 MB 1st time, second time 319MB, 3rd time, 125MB, etc etc.

Cant get it to go all the way through.

Thanks
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
LoveKey1988
View Profile
Elite user
443 Posts

Profile of LoveKey1988
I think you should be able to resume the download!
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
No, when I go again to the download, it says do you want to overwrite the file, like if its going to start all over again from the beginning.

I asked Patrick for help, to see if there was another way I could receive the file somehow.

If anyone knows any alternatives, let me know

Thanks
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
LoveKey1988
View Profile
Elite user
443 Posts

Profile of LoveKey1988
If you download in the browser Opera for example if the download gets interrupted you can right click on it and click resume and it will resume the download from where it left off.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
OK I am downloading again regularly, if it gets interrupted, I will use Opera.

I have downloaded Opera.

If I have to use it I will, if not, then no, we will see.

Thanks
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Ok it interrupted, and I am now using Opera.

Hopefully this one will be the good one.

Wait for a lengthy review from me, once I get it going.

If I need help I will let you know LoveKey, thanks

Alex
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1751 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
BMWGuy - I've sent you a PM to try to help.
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
I am having similar issues BMWGuy...I could use a PM if you have some ideas for me as well, Patrick.

Nathan
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
I originally had a problem downloading on my tablet. I used my laptop windows and IE and it worled perfect.
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1475 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
Maybe someone who has successfully downloaded the project can describe exactly what they had to do to make it work. I'm afraid I'm pretty clueless about all this server stuff.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "H.O.T.O.A.C." by Ben Blau (Hands-off Think of Any Card) (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL